Hacking Does anyone know how to use save3ds?

miserable_sleep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to use save3ds??

Hi! So I’ve been trying to restore my ACNL save from when I was a kid, and I think save3ds is what I need to restore it. However, I am really bad at coding and using the command prompt. I’ve read the main article on GitHub and a forum post showing the syntax, but I still can’t get it to work.

Here is the code I found on the gbatemp forum:

save3ds_fuse -b boot9.bin -m movable.sed —sd M: —db sdtitle -i out

And here is the syntax for save3ds from the main article:

save3ds_fuse ARCHIVE_NAME MOUNT_PATH [MODE] [RESOURCE_PATHS] [FORMAT_PARAM]

However when I put in the code from the forum (and replace the “M:” with “G:”—the drive my 3ds sd card is in), the command prompt says, “The system cannot find the file specified.”

I’ve been stuck on this for days and would really appreciate any help. Thank you!!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to use save3ds??

Hi! So I’ve been trying to restore my ACNL save from when I was a kid, and I think save3ds is what I need to restore it. However, I am really bad at coding and using the command prompt. I’ve read the main article on GitHub and a forum post showing the syntax, but I still can’t get it to work.

Here is the code I found on the gbatemp forum:

save3ds_fuse -b boot9.bin -m movable.sed —sd M: —db sdtitle -i out

And here is the syntax for save3ds from the main article:

save3ds_fuse ARCHIVE_NAME MOUNT_PATH [MODE] [RESOURCE_PATHS] [FORMAT_PARAM]

However when I put in the code from the forum (and replace the “M:” with “G:”—the drive my 3ds sd card is in), the command prompt says, “The system cannot find the file specified.”

I’ve been stuck on this for days and would really appreciate any help. Thank you!!
Do you have a garden.dat or a .sav file for acnl?

miserable_sleep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a garden.dat or a .sav file for acnl?
Along with the .sav, .app, and .tmd files, I extracted the .sav using threeSD and got the 00000001.metadata file. But, there are only question marks in the file. I read on
Thread 'Restore save data from dead 3DS/2DS' by Agiosllysion that there should be contents inside the metadata file to use with checkpoint. Does the lack of data in the file mean that it’s corrupted or empty? If so, is there any way I can restore my save data using .tmd or .app files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 😡 😡 😡 😡