Hacking DLC for Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero:WT - cracked yet?

Chino7564

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where are you guys finding the readme file. the only thing i see is tutorial. which isn't really helping b/c i can't get it to work. i've completed step one and then decrypted it. NOW WHAT DO I DO? please help

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chino7564 said:
where are you guys finding the readme file. the only thing i see is tutorial. which isn't really helping b/c i can't get it to work. i've completed step one and then decrypted it. NOW WHAT DO I DO? please help

After decrypting it you need to follow this step, its right in the tutorial:

QUOTEThen type in "wadpacker 0 999" this will generate a file called "title.wad"

I cant help you further then what you got tho, this is the step that Im stuck on. It starts then I keep getting an error

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragun thats a error that everyone gets. Just keep doing the steps in the guide.
If I remember correctly you now have the .bin files you need to move into the
correct DLC file. Once in there you can load them into the dlc manager for easy
management of what going on your sd card to play. I also would recommend just
using the two .wad files from the original downloads (sZAE.wad and sZBE.wad).
These are the two wads that trick the RB2 store into thinking that all of the songs
have been purchased.

I bet if you ran wadpacker 0 509 for gen 1 you wouldn't get the error though.

mr_incredible

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used these tools and had no problem with the gen 1.

However, when I used the decrypter for gen 2, it only decrypted up to 0000015C (outputting only up to 0000015C.app). It didnt decrypt the remaining ones (around 72 more files I think). I tried re-downloading the remaining ones just to be sure that I didn't make a mistake but it turned out the same. Has anybody experienced this also? Could it be the ticket files that caused this?

EDIT:
Ok, I found out that the package I downloaded wasn't complete (realized this when I downloaded a new package and saw a more complete list.txt). I'm going to try and download the added files and will update you on what happens after.

EDIT AGAIN:
Downloaded and used the new tool package. It worked! So now I have all gen 1 and gen 2 dlc and am in the process of starting on the gen 3 files. The gen 1 and gen 2 files both have 254 songs each from my count. More than enough to play RB2 for a long time!

heavyd2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey folks, I'm using the PC Tools v5.0 version but I keep getting the same error message that ThaDragun was getting: "Packing 00010001.app ...open (getfile) 00010001.app: No such file or directory". Someone else said that it was normal, but I don't have a title.wad to use at that point either. All I have is a "RB 2 DLC 0 999.wad" that is 5.3 GB - which I can't load to my sd card anyway. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edit: forgot to add - I'm working with gen1. TIA!

Mr_incredible, any chance you can post the "new package" list you've mentioned? I'd like to check if I'm missing something too. Thanks.

UPDATE: I've figured out my problem - I didn't have a title.wad for gen one because I wasn't typing "wadpacker 1 0" in order to generate it. The instructions I had never mentioned having to do that, but I found a more complete guide elsewhere. Problem solved!!!

Works like a charm!! Thanks for this great app!

CapitalQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohnoes! I hate to bump an old topic, but this was the most relevant place to post without starting a new topic. It seems Hairy Ballsagna/thc42O's RB2 DLC v5.0 hack has finally been foiled today with the addition of 10 Queen songs to the Rock Band 2 store. [EDIT: I was wrong, see below.] All the songs are still marked as "Purchased", but attempting to download any of the Queen songs starts the download bar and then exits out abruptly to the game's main menu with a 204704 error. I can vouch that this is specific only for the brand new content; I tried downloading some other songs to make sure that I was still able to. I'm running the game from the official disc.

Will we be getting a v6.0 patch (and a patch for The Beatles: Rock Band), or is thc42O done with these?

EDIT - 10:30pm ET: The Queen songs now download fully without error. I'm not sure why this was occurring earlier with Queen only, as I could download other songs fine at the time!

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CapitalQ said:
Ohnoes! I hate to bump an old topic, but this was the most relevant place to post without starting a new topic. It seems Hairy Ballsagna/thc42O's RB2 DLC v5.0 hack has finally been foiled today with the addition of 10 Queen songs to the Rock Band 2 store. All the songs are still marked as "Purchased", but attempting to download any of the Queen songs starts the download bar and then exits out abruptly to the game's main menu with a 204704 error. I can vouch that this is specific only for the brand new content; I tried downloading some other songs to make sure that I was still able to. I'm running the game from the official disc.

Will we be getting a v6.0 patch (and a patch for The Beatles: Rock Band), or is thc42O done with these?

Error Code: 204704

Wii Shop Channel
There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.

•The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.

•Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

•If possible, move the router closer to the Wii console and try the connection again.
If you have waited several hours but are still receiving this error code when connecting to the Wii Shop Channel, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yeah i tried to get to the wii shop channel through the system menu and got a message about it being down

glad it's not only me?? did anyone else get a similar message?

CapitalQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:

Wii Shop Channel

•The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.
•Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).
•If possible, move the router closer to the Wii console and try the connection again.
If you have waited several hours but are still receiving this error code when connecting to the Wii Shop Channel, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.
Perhaps you missed the part of my post where I stated that downloading non-Queen songs still works. Thanks, though.

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CapitalQ said:
Riicky said:

Wii Shop Channel

Perhaps you missed the part of my post where I stated that downloading non-Queen songs still works. Thanks, though.

Since the Nirvana dlc for 12/01/09 the new dlc is not marked as purchased and previous dlc that is still marked as purchased can not be downloaded. Error Code: 204704 comes up now for those.

CapitalQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozzy1980 said:
Since the Nirvana dlc for 12/01/09 the new dlc is not marked as purchased and previous dlc that is still marked as purchased can not be downloaded. Error Code: 204704 comes up now for those.
That doesn't sound too good. And Hairy Ballsagna/THC42O doesn't appear to be on the scene anymore, with his last contribution being GH5 in early September. Maybe he was scared away by all the new music games that need to be cracked (Beatles, Lego RB, Band Hero, DJ Hero, etc)!

Hope someone else picks up the pieces. I'd love to play Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper without spending $40, considering the game itself already cost $50 and there's only more DLC to come.
tongue.gif
I'll probably end up giving in soon enough, though.

basa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ozzy1980 said:

Marked as purchased still downloading fine for me. All new from december is gen 4 sZDE files , so need hack update probably based similiar like sZCE wad.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your shop channel if you are getting errors downloading generation 4 songs. Apparently when Nintendo updated the shop channel it took Harmonix until these new songs to force you to update the wii shop channel.

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get the songs (legally at this point) with the Shop and stuff being limited as of last year???? I recently had to get a new Wii and so I lost all the songs I had. They're still on a backup of my SD. Is it easier to do that????

Would it be easier to move them to Rock Band 3????

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get the songs (legally at this point) with the Shop and stuff being limited as of last year???? I recently had to get a new Wii and so I lost all the songs I had. They're still on a backup of my SD. Is it easier to do that????

Would it be easier to move them to Rock Band 3????

Sadly if you got a new Wii and didn't have Nintendo do a transfer (not that they will, sometimes they do usually they don't) you are up a creek as far as Nintendo is concerned. Now if you softmodded your old Wii and you have the keys for it (which you get when you so a backup with bootmii). You can use those keys to decrypt the songs on the SD card, but it is not easy. Another option would be to move a backup of you NAND (created with bootmii) to your new wii effectively cloning your old wii to your new one. However this is really tricky and you can brick the wii if you don't really really know what you are doing.

The third option is to install wads that "unlock" the songs you bought, that you can then redownload. However there isn't a way to just unlock the songs you bought, instead it will unlock series of songs (perhaps hundreds at a time). While a grey area you could unlock and then only download the songs you bought. And if you want more...remove the unlocker wads (which will make the Wii forget what songs you did buy) ..buy the songs...then reapply the wads so you can use the songs you bought before.

Is it easier to move to Rockband 3? Not really. If I remember right, RB2 and 3 use the same method of encryption, so songs on a SD card from RB2 should play in RB3. Provided they are from the same Wii. Each wii encrypts the DLC data on the SD card with its own unique key, which is why you can't just take your SD card with DLC on it and use it on a friends Wii. Not without decrypting it first anyway.

Not sure what I would do in your position, probably try decrypting the SD card/songs first if you have the keys of your old Wii. If you don't have those, then use the unlocker wads and remove them when you want more songs and buy them that way. Of course all of these methods require a softmodded wii. If you never did that, or can't mod your new Wii, your only option is to buy the songs again.

Last edited by Videomanman87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: