Hacking DIY amiibo cards

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had found a complete collection of all amiibo bin files at that iso side. I hope those work

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
No, they don't start with 0x04, it's like a html page converted in hexdecimal...
This is over my head lol but thanks, assume they'll only work with the amiiqo then? These are stored a different way?

Any way to use this with other toys to life

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
pretty sure thats just a glitch with android it downloads the html instead of the amiibo bin file, if you access on a computer it downloads correctly (a different browser might suffice too)

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@_Tim_ gave us the same ammount of info that @sweis12 did. We have to figure out what he did, in the the same way we did with this, here.
actually no Tim practically gave us all the info the thread got to the second page then he posted basically 90% of the information on how he did it, the rest was easy to guess considering the stuff he didnt include was already open information just hidden in another thread *aka keys*

But hey it has potential its just the fact he left it to obscureness and speculation for so long saying about nintendo sueing etc.
Then when he finally gives any real form of information he also closes the thread.
Then says stuff like code your own app even though he could have provided source on his own for people to devise a more complete version

I mean look how far we have come in this thread all the groundwork is done and PoC is actually proved working and we have other threads to print your own amiibo cards this is great.
Anything that we needed to really work from scratch had Githubs already

Last edited by izy,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, im gonna be a little newbie right here, tough i read the trough the 30 pages.

So basically the process is:

• Buy NFC Tag.
  • Download an amiibo.bin
  • Download TagMo.apk
  • Run TagMo.
  • Load The .bin File
  • Write it to the NFC chip/tag/sticker?

there's no need for a "key" or special thing?

lonelyhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, im gonna be a little newbie right here, tough i read the trough the 30 pages.

So basically the process is:

• Buy NFC Tag.
  • Download an amiibo.bin
  • Download TagMo.apk
  • Run TagMo.
  • Load The .bin File
  • Write it to the NFC chip/tag/sticker?

there's no need for a "key" or special thing?
you would need the key.bin the first time you load the app after that it should be automatic

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would need the key.bin the first time you load the app after that it should be automatic
Do i need to load it, or just place it somewhere, because the app does not ask me to load any key.bin, i just say "Load Tag" and "Write Tag", after decompiling the apk i get this:
<menu
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<item android:id="@id/mnu_load_fixed_keys" android:visible="false" android:title="Load Locked Keys" />
<item android:id="@id/mnu_load_unfixed_keys" android:visible="false" android:title="Load Unfixed keys" />
<item android:id="@id/mnu_load_tag_file" android:title="Load tag file" />
<item android:id="@id/mnu_write_tag" android:title="Write to tag" />
</menu>

So both options to read the key are hidden. i assume the new versions has it already inside?

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do i need to load it, or just place it somewhere, because the app does not ask me to load any key.bin, i just say "Load Tag" and "Write Tag", after decompiling the apk i get this:
<menu
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<item android:id="@id/mnu_load_fixed_keys" android:visible="false" android:title="Load Locked Keys" />
<item android:id="@id/mnu_load_unfixed_keys" android:visible="false" android:title="Load Unfixed keys" />
<item android:id="@id/mnu_load_tag_file" android:title="Load tag file" />
<item android:id="@id/mnu_write_tag" android:title="Write to tag" />
</menu>

So both options to read the key are hidden. i assume the new versions has it already inside?
You are using the first version, use TagMo 2.1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwV_DUnv_6kxVkJLRFpfaU9aNTQ/view?usp=sharing

Zoloco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed TagMo 2.1 but App Manager indicates 1.0, there should be an about option in the app inmenu... well, we just have to trust according to the possibilities.

Screenshot_2016-02-04-19-33-43[1].png Screenshot_2016-02-04-19-46-45[1].png

azerty55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tagmo2.1 work perfectly
but after flash it isn't possible to format because page 13 to 31 is read only :(
if you want try with blank tag i hope to made this with a good dump
if you look lock byte lock0 lock1 lock2-lock4 you can see a value of defaut dump file but if you want format blank tag after a first flash you must write this byte to 00 value(default value of blank tag)

Last edited by azerty55,

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Is tagmo able to rewrite? Sorry, IDK if this issue has been addressed by tagmo yet but... :) Just curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps