Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I have the US version.
I'd suggest using GoogieHax or loadiine.ovh to run mods. Local hosting is not the best option unless you really know how local hosting working... Not sure why people recommend localhosting so much when there are so many reliable web hosts...

Also, I think the mod packs from that guide are outdated 1.1.5 versions, TS4M put out a newer version a while back for 1.1.6, which I don't have the link for. He has a new one with a link on Reddit that plays more like melee, though once again, I don't have a link saved for that.

My mod pack has everything you should need if you want to just run costumes and custom music, and it has all the files for Kexploit and SD Cafiine. I know at least 400 people have downloaded it and used it with no issues, so if you download it and it doesn't work, I'm at a loss :-/

Reactions: Deleted User

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shadow and wolf still don't work. I'm sure this is because of the crappy name plate I created following this guide

the ui_character_db file shows the correct amount of costumes (16 for sonic and 9 for fox)

pNk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name plate for shadow is included in the pack, if that's what you're looking for. What number are you assigning to it?

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
08 till 15, so for all slots with shadow

what is exactly causing the problem???

also, why is ther only one chrn_11 fil named chrn_11_Sonic_02 while the others have 8 files with number 8 till 15?

Last edited by superteletubbies64,

pNk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
08 till 15, so for all slots with shadow

what is exactly causing the problem???

also, why is ther only one chrn_11 fil named chrn_11_Sonic_02 while the others have 8 files with number 8 till 15?
you change the name through the ui_character file, not inserting them to smash explorer, is that what you're doing? You change all the values to whatever your chrn_11 is. The last 16 entries in ui_character belong to the name plate (ie: if your sonic name is set to 2, change the last 8 entries to 2).

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I extracted the ui_character_db file, went to entries 10 and 35 (respectively fox and sonic), changed the 7th value to respectively 9 and 16 then saved and dragged and dropped the edited file in the ui folder

I'm pretty sure I also changed the last 8 entries in sonic's entry in the file (not the last 16 entries because I didn't want sonic to end up named shadow)

And do I need to copy chrn_11_Sonic_02 seven times and remane the files so I have this?
chrn_11_Sonic_09
chrn_11_Sonic_10
chrn_11_Sonic_11
chrn_11_Sonic_12
chrn_11_Sonic_13
chrn_11_Sonic_14
chrn_11_Sonic_15
chrn_11_Sonic_16

And did you also download sonicbrawler's shadow mod? If you did, how did you add it to the game?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't need to copy it 7 more times, since in the character_db file you're telling the game to read from the first one for all of the slots.

Though, I have a related question - I downloaded and 'installed' the Ninten pack, but the name doesn't show up in-game and on the results screen. That is, the word 'Ninten' only shows up on the CSS. I'm not sure how to fix this, or if that's intended for the time being.

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I just need to drag and drop the chrn_11_Sonic_02 into the chrn_11 folder and I'm fine? (Assuming there aren't any other problems)

Is it because of my region (netherlands)? I took the ui_character_db from the data(eu_ne) folder

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The region shouldn't matter if you edit the ui_character_db file properly. There's other things to edit besides the 7th value if you want the name 'Shadow' in-game.

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I just need to pick the ui_character_db file from the data folder? And if I setup shadow's name plate incorrectly is that the cause of the infinite loading screen? Honestly I just want to know how to get rid of the infinite loading screen

And if wolf doesn't have any extra name plates and not much difference from other mods besides the voice pack I got from a different creator than wolf itself, why wolf doesn't work even if I edited the ui_character_db correctly?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the name plate being incorrect would be the issue behind infinite loading. That doesn't sound like a ui_character_db file issue either. Whenever I had that kind of problem, it was an issue with the model itself... but then again, I never had the issue on the CSS, only afterwards loading the game.

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But if it's an issue with the model itself, why it works on a lot of people (I watched videos from sonicbrawler himself, 64ios, power marshall which featured the mod) and why wolf doesn't work either? I'm pretty sure that judging from the description from gamebanana, it isn't intended to be added as a costume slot, but it rather has to replace an existing one? Or can any costume be added without replacing anything without problems?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added Wolf as an extra slot, no issue with it. Though not *every* costume can be added as an extra slot - notably, there are issues with Kirby, Yoshi, and ROB skins, but there are some others as well. As long as you put in the c08 / whatever folder (that has all of the pieces in it) it should load if the ui_character_db file is showing 9 slots rather than 8. The css icons are optional from what I've read.

pNk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if it's an issue with the model itself, why it works on a lot of people (I watched videos from sonicbrawler himself, 64ios, power marshall which featured the mod) and why wolf doesn't work either? I'm pretty sure that judging from the description from gamebanana, it isn't intended to be added as a costume slot, but it rather has to replace an existing one? Or can any costume be added without replacing anything without problems?

Yes, like said before just use the one Sonic_02, don't make any duplicates. The only entries in that chrn folder for Sonic should be 01 and 02 and the respective updates should be in your character_db file (1 and 2, respectively). In my experience having unnecessary files in the chr folders will cause the loop you're talking about, so I wouldn't be so focused on blaming the model at this point. If you're worried, you can try to add one of the shadow model folders to one of the existing sonic slots and see if it still works (it should without any issues aside from being called "Sonic" and no shadow voice either).

Also, the name plate will only reflect on the CSS, it won't show in game or in the results, this is a known issue with one slot name plates, and there does not seem to be a fix atm.

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't need to copy it 7 more times, since in the character_db file you're telling the game to read from the first one for all of the slots.

Though, I have a related question - I downloaded and 'installed' the Ninten pack, but the name doesn't show up in-game and on the results screen. That is, the word 'Ninten' only shows up on the CSS. I'm not sure how to fix this, or if that's intended for the time being.
You'll have to edit the MBST for that. It's a relatively new development, but I think a certain Shadow the Hedgehog pack maker will make a video at some point.... But modifying that will fix the in-game name and background assets for the boxing ring

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the ui_character_db file, are the only things I need to update the 7th value for the amount of costumes and the last 8 for shadow's name plate? Or did I forget something?

Gigaeel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I decided to make an account because I need help. I've learned how to mod everything but I have a few issues I was hoping you could help with?

1. Whenever I use "Allow_Interupt()", The move is turbo as it should be but subsequent moves make the game crash. Why would this be?

2. I don't know how to edit run speed or jump counts. I've got landing lag down, but run speed eludes me. And which ID do i edit? In this case, Sonic.

DoubleC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've added some skins (with portraits for some and some with added slots), music, menu backgrounds and custom CSS. I tested my pack a few days ago with a few skins and it worked perfectly. Now that I've finished adding all the skins I want, the game crashes on the CSS. Would like to upload the files to see if someone could look at them for me and see if they could figure out whats wrong (but the file is apparently too big). Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: