Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

porcaro0395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've recently been having a problem with getting past the CSS with mods loaded. Everytime I get there, the game freezes and there is a buzzing sound for about five seconds and then it stops.

I've tried deleting CSS mods, some character portraits, and the game still freezes. I'm wondering if anyone can help explain why it's doing that?

I'm using sm4shexplorer 0.7.1 and have texture mods with CSS portraits, custom music. I don't know if getting an error about not deleting directories when packing the mods has to do with it.

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've recently been having a problem with getting past the CSS with mods loaded. Everytime I get there, the game freezes and there is a buzzing sound for about five seconds and then it stops.

I've tried deleting CSS mods, some character portraits, and the game still freezes. I'm wondering if anyone can help explain why it's doing that?

I'm using sm4shexplorer 0.7.1 and have texture mods with CSS portraits, custom music. I don't know if getting an error about not deleting directories when packing the mods has to do with it.
Have you tried deleting your character_db and menu_db bin files? They may have gotten muddled up...

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
If you remove the resource while running Sm4shExplorer it removes it from the workspace folder as well. Sm4shExplorer shows base game files as black, patch files as blue, and workspace files as green.

Dockman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not to spam a question but this keeps happening everytime I try and run titledumper, immediately says failed to open all these files. I have the htdoc files in their place, the appropriate titledumper initiation and the right dddkernel/ddd ip. Any ideas? I've tried completely redoing everything from installation on and this keeps happening right as I run titledumper.

Attachments

• ss+(2016-07-03+at+01.20.35).png
    ss+(2016-07-03+at+01.20.35).png
    4.6 KB · Views: 174

SolarKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I've been having constant problems with my mods, and every time I have one of these problems it takes me like 2 days to fix the problem from figuring it or just posting it on a thousand different websites where hardly anyone responds. Basically, my game will freeze EVERY SINGLE TIME on the loading screen on the CSS even if I took off css's, skins, stages, etc. it would still freeze. I saw a solution to that in this thread, and it worked, but only if the only hacks I had changed were music hacks. Once I started putting in textures, it would go back to freezing and take me a million years to find out the problem again. So basically, I was wondering if someone can help prevent this from happening, because right now it's happening to me and I'm trying to fix it for 10th Goddamn time and I've been trying to fix it for almost 10 hours at this point...If someone is kind enough to help me, I can give more information if needed.
Btw I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes as it is quite late where I live.

EDIT: If there really is anybody who cares, I tried deleting everything again this time, and it still doesn't work...And yes, I removed the resources from both the character bin and the menu bin. The only thing that was modded when I tried it was the music, but I had those exact music hacks working with it already so I know it's not that...Am I just fucked when it comes to getting textures? I guess I just have the special version of modded hacks where adding one skin gets my game to explode and not work...

Last edited by SolarKirby,

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I've been having constant problems with my mods, and every time I have one of these problems it takes me like 2 days to fix the problem from figuring it or just posting it on a thousand different websites where hardly anyone responds. Basically, my game will freeze EVERY SINGLE TIME on the loading screen on the CSS even if I took off css's, skins, stages, etc. it would still freeze. I saw a solution to that in this thread, and it worked, but only if the only hacks I had changed were music hacks. Once I started putting in textures, it would go back to freezing and take me a million years to find out the problem again. So basically, I was wondering if someone can help prevent this from happening, because right now it's happening to me and I'm trying to fix it for 10th Goddamn time and I've been trying to fix it for almost 10 hours at this point...If someone is kind enough to help me, I can give more information if needed.
Btw I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes as it is quite late where I live.

EDIT: If there really is anybody who cares, I tried deleting everything again this time, and it still doesn't work...And yes, I removed the resources from both the character bin and the menu bin. The only thing that was modded when I tried it was the music, but I had those exact music hacks working with it already so I know it's not that...Am I just fucked when it comes to getting textures? I guess I just have the special version of modded hacks where adding one skin gets my game to explode and not work...
Just out of curiosity, have you had ANY lucky getting any costumes or non-music mods to work? What version of the game are you using? Only reason I ask is because maybe it could be the result of a bad dump... Or a dump from the wrong version? (Though, usually the later would result in the game not loading at all...)

If you have the US version, I'd recommend downloading a mod pack (TS4M has one, I have one, and I think there are a few on GameBanana) to see if mods run at all. Might be your SD card or something? I've had some people have issues, but when they switched SD cards everything was just fine.

Last edited by MarinaTentacles,

SolarKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, have you had ANY lucky getting any costumes or non-music mods to work? What version of the game are you using? Only reason I ask is because maybe it could be the result of a bad dump... Or a dump from the wrong version? (Though, usually the later would result in the game not loading at all...)

If you have the US version, I'd recommend downloading a mod pack (TS4M has one, I have one, and I think there are a few on GameBanana) to see if mods run at all. Might be your SD card or something? I've had some people have issues, but when they switched SD cards everything was just fine.
Yeah, they've been able to work plenty of times. I actually was able to run everything perfectly on the previous version of Sm4shexplorer (0.0.4) but that version no longer works so I'm currently using the latest version (0.7.1). I am also using the current version of sm4sh (1.1.6) and mods have worked fine for this same sm4shexplorer and sd card before, but now they just suddenly don't work...IIRC, I did a dump from the current version of sm4sh as well. I could try downloading the mod pack though, will get back to you once I test it.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they've been able to work plenty of times. I actually was able to run everything perfectly on the previous version of Sm4shexplorer (0.0.4) but that version no longer works so I'm currently using the latest version (0.7.1). I am also using the current version of sm4sh (1.1.6) and mods have worked fine for this same sm4shexplorer and sd card before, but now they just suddenly don't work...IIRC, I did a dump from the current version of sm4sh as well. I could try downloading the mod pack though, will get back to you once I test it.
Sure thing. Let me know how that goes. It might have something to do with your version of Sm4shExplorer screwing up your workspace after updating...

SolarKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing. Let me know how that goes. It might have something to do with your version of Sm4shExplorer screwing up your workspace after updating...
Hi, just wanted to know, the download would take a very long time to download and I already have Nairo's modpack so would that be okay to test as well?
oh and btw just wanted to thank you for deciding to help, you the true homie <3

Reactions: GOT4N

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just wanted to know, the download would take a very long time to download and I already have Nairo's modpack so would that be okay to test as well?
oh and btw just wanted to thank you for deciding to help, you the true homie <3
You can use whatever mod pack you'd like, I just know that mine has worked for a lot of people without any issues, and TS4M's is one I've tested myself. I haven't tried Nairo's mod pack, but if it works for your region, go for it!

SolarKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use whatever mod pack you'd like, I just know that mine has worked for a lot of people without any issues, and TS4M's is one I've tested myself. I haven't tried Nairo's mod pack, but if it works for your region, go for it!
Okay I tested it and it worked fine. My music mods even worked along with it, so I guess I now know that SD Card is fine I think. Though I'm not sure what this means of what's causing my own mods to break upon reaching the loading screen of the CSS.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Okay I tested it and it worked fine. My music mods even worked along with it, so I guess I now know that SD Card is fine I think. Though I'm not sure what this means of what's causing my own mods to break upon reaching the loading screen of the CSS.
Sadly, it means somewhere a modded file is in the wrong place (or corrupt) OR the dump/patch is bad. This results in Sm4shExplorer RUINING EVERYTHING because it doesn't know that which file is bad, and builds the mod anyway.

That's why I use Github to keep my projects backed up in increments, so I can revert if I somehow break my mod pack. Not to mention, after adding 300 songs and an ass-ton of custom costumes, I'd be pretty tilted if I lost all the work I did...

SolarKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, it means somewhere a modded file is in the wrong place (or corrupt) OR the dump/patch is bad. This results in Sm4shExplorer RUINING EVERYTHING because it doesn't know that which file is bad, and builds the mod anyway.

That's why I use Github to keep my projects backed up in increments, so I can revert if I somehow break my mod pack. Not to mention, after adding 300 songs and an ass-ton of custom costumes, I'd be pretty tilted if I lost all the work I did...
I see...Well that's a bit upsetting. Tbh I spent about 4 or 5 whole days compiling the mods so this kinda sucks :/ . I'll try other methods and see if there is a glimmer of hope but otherwise idk. Thanks for your help, tho, really appreciate it :D

SkyJet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help!

So yesterday i tried to dump ssb4 but then after this file comes up "dummy_content.txt" the game keeps going as normal and the dumper stops dumping

However, i cannot find a folder or something like that which haves the files...Any help please?

Did i had to make a "vol/ content" folder?

Here's how i created this folder:

Wii U > vol > Game

Please help!!!???

cmd.PNG vol.PNG

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i'm always searching a link to a thread to be notified of 3d models importing but i don't find it (nwplayer said to me that it's a work on progress by some people but (he or she, i don't know his/her gender XD) isn't working on it)

babyxd001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm always searching a link to a thread to be notified of 3d models importing but i don't find it (nwplayer said to me that it's a work on progress by some people but (he or she, i don't know his/her gender XD) isn't working on it)

Model importing is still super primitive and hard but some people are working on a script to make it easier.

Last edited by babyxd001,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1