Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,
This is a slightly older thing I found but I haven't seen this talked about anywhere so I figured I'd post it here. For those unaware you can put different sfx on different costumes. I personally found this useful with Mastaklo's Shadow the hedgehog. Instead of leaving the file as snd vc (your character).nus3bank and snd vc (your character) ouen.nus3bank you make the imported sound file snd vc (your character) cXX.nus3bank and snd vc (your character) cXX ouen.nus3bank
That's all!

Ya this didn't work for me. I did snd_vc_cloud_c08.nus3bank and snd_vx_cloud_c08_ouen.nusbank into smash4explorer under clouds sound folder and didn't work. I tried other numbers too. Does anyone know if there is other files that need to be edited.

Reactions: DonV1337

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Im new to Cafiine and Wii U Hacking in general, but Ive got Smsh 3DS modding down to a T.

Anyways, how would I go about obtaining the original game files? Specifically the models for assist trophies and whatnot. Is there a way for me to dump them? Is there another *Completely and Totally Legit* method? Cafiine seems basically like SaltySD once it's up and running, so once I have the actual files I should be good

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Im new to Cafiine and Wii U Hacking in general, but Ive got Smsh 3DS modding down to a T.

Anyways, how would I go about obtaining the original game files? Specifically the models for assist trophies and whatnot. Is there a way for me to dump them? Is there another *Completely and Totally Legit* method? Cafiine seems basically like SaltySD once it's up and running, so once I have the actual files I should be good
Too dump the game, you need to use DDD to dump it

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
Ya this didn't work for me. I did snd_vc_cloud_c08.nus3bank and snd_vx_cloud_c08_ouen.nusbank into smash4explorer under clouds sound folder and didn't work. I tried other numbers too. Does anyone know if there is other files that need to be edited.
It works perfectly fine for me. Tried English Cloud over his Advent Children costumes and a Shadow for Sonic. Both worked fine.
Did you put them in the right folders?

ZettaSloww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
This is a slightly older thing I found but I haven't seen this talked about anywhere so I figured I'd post it here. For those unaware you can put different sfx on different costumes. I personally found this useful with Mastaklo's Shadow the hedgehog. Instead of leaving the file as snd vc (your character).nus3bank and snd vc (your character) ouen.nus3bank you make the imported sound file snd vc (your character) cXX.nus3bank and snd vc (your character) cXX ouen.nus3bank
That's all!

Nevermind

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It works perfectly fine for me. Tried English Cloud over his Advent Children costumes and a Shadow for Sonic. Both worked fine.
Did you put them in the right folders?
It's fine minus the oddity that I'm still working out with playing multiple sound banks at the same time for one character

Last edited by ZettaSloww,

DonV1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been following the texture hack tutorial and need to unzip the "texture modding pack" but I do not have 7zip downloaded and was given this link (www.7-zip.org/download.html) to go download it. My problem is I am not sure of what exactly I need from this sight. If someone could tell me what link I should download that would be great.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    13.6 KB · Views: 246

ZettaSloww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have been following the texture hack tutorial and need to unzip the "texture modding pack" but I do not have 7zip downloaded and was given this link (www.7-zip.org/download.html) to go download it. My problem is I am not sure of what exactly I need from this sight. If someone could tell me what link I should download that would be great.
The very top download

DonV1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I think im doing this correctly, but the tutorial says to "Put the two folders in the "extra htdocs files" inside C:/xampp/htdocs," however, there is only 1 folder. Do i just extract it? Thanks for all the help btw.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    8.1 KB · Views: 198

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've started to notice over at gamebanana people changing the color of Marth and Lucinas hair. Guessing people figured out how to get around the material, mind sharing how ?

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so Im using some texture mods I found online for now since the dump looks like it'll take awhile, but where exactly do I place the cXX folders?

At first I thought it was the same file structure as Smash 3DS but obviously not. I tried searching and the best I could come up with was

SD:\0005000010144F00\data\fighter\<Character>\model\body\cXX
while CSS stuff went in
SD:\0005000010144F00\data\ui\replace\chr\

but none of the files seem to be loading. I have custom music and a custom intro loaded and running fine, so I assume I just have the wrong file layout.

I've been using cachegen as well since it SEEMS to help speed up loading, and turning it off doesnt seem to change anything loading wise.

A Jewel of Rarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so Im using some texture mods I found online for now since the dump looks like it'll take awhile, but where exactly do I place the cXX folders?

At first I thought it was the same file structure as Smash 3DS but obviously not. I tried searching and the best I could come up with was

SD:\0005000010144F00\data\fighter\<Character>\model\body\cXX
while CSS stuff went in
SD:\0005000010144F00\data\ui\replace\chr\

but none of the files seem to be loading. I have custom music and a custom intro loaded and running fine, so I assume I just have the wrong file layout.

I've been using cachegen as well since it SEEMS to help speed up loading, and turning it off doesnt seem to change anything loading wise.
its best if you get smash explorer and then put the cXX folder in the figher body model in there and then select the build mod option then from your sd card you should hav <numbers>/Patch in the patch folder paste all the exported data made by smashexplorer

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its best if you get smash explorer and then put the cXX folder in the figher body model in there and then select the build mod option then from your sd card you should hav <numbers>/Patch in the patch folder paste all the exported data made by smashexplorer

will that work if Im not currently using a full dump of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol