Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reactions: jzam74
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, i'been using the Injector and i was thinking if there's a chance to inject Sega CD games through Picodrive-Genesis injection. I still have the Beta 27 and as i can see the GBA model in 28 looks pretty cool, but i already have my GBA games with the classic VC banner, is really slow the save dumping/injection on godmode9 :(

for Sega CD i'm just looking to Sonic CD
Adding to above. Here's another tutorial,

Reactions: jzam74

Lomantik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I can't help, but I can give you some pointers:

To colorize the games, NSUI converts the GB game into a GBC game but sometimes the end result is buggy (I didn't try Wario, but Metroid II had some glitches while changing areas) and it might work better on unofficial emulators than on OG HW / Nintendo emulator.

As for Gambatte, the Super Game Boy had a built-in palette for Wario Land 1 (and actually most of Nintendo 1st party games). I think that's what you are seeing on Gambatte. You should force non-SGB mode and try the modified (GBC) ROM generated by the NSUI.

IMHO trying to play GB games with colors (either SGB colors, SGB palette or GBC palette) on Nintendo VC emulator is a lost cause. That's not a critique to Asdolo or NSUI, they try to do their best within the limitations of Nintendo emulator. Unofficial emulators like Gambatte (available on 3DS via Retroarch) or mGBA just apply the SGB/GBC colors on-the-fly and the experience is generally better and hassle-free.
Thanks for the answer! I just thought that I'm doing something wrong. If there is the glitch in the OG HW / Nintendo emulator then I'll not spent a time on it and will use Gambatte with active "colorization".

But if in the case NSUI programmers will be able to fix it I'll be happy!

D

Deleted User

I've been testing the Beta 28's Debug, and noticed a bug that makes the banner not show up.
I'm well aware it has already been pointed out, but could it be a optional feature? The GBA only without the Text Banner looks so cool.

Last edited by ,

BruceNovaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys, i'm a little noob in the scene, so, please i'm sorry in advance for the question if it's ridiculous.
first, i can use the NSUI flawlessly, but i would like to specify which version of the emulator i use with my installed cia, i know i can change in the "project" in NSUI to snes9x old3ds forwarder, which is the one that i use, but when i open the game, it shows me that the snes9x version that is using is 1.21. I have snes9x 1.30 installed in my new3ds, and as a .3dsx file stored.
the question is, how do i change it so when i open my cia game, it opens 1.30 version instead of the 1.21? is it in the NSUI or in my 3ds? if yes, could someone please, explain how?
why am i asking it?
-i've got a few bugs playing in the v1.21 and not in the v1.30.
-the bottom screen menu is missing in v1.21 used in NSUI
-i want a few of my favorite games being launched from the home menu instead of opening the emulator and select the rom.
tks!!!

Last edited by BruceNovaa,

wynndow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea if this has been brought up, but I discovered that you can use patch files from official virtual console titles like Pokemon Red, Gold, Crystal, etc. You can find which patch file matches which game by checking the extension of the file in the rom folder, then finding the patch file with the same 3 digit extension.

Last edited by wynndow,

The_Monado_Satyr

Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea if this has been brought up, but I discovered that you can use patch files from official virtual console titles like Pokemon Red, Gold, Crystal, etc. You can find which patch file matches which game by checking the extension of the file in the rom folder, then finding the patch file with the same 3 digit extension.
does that work for rom translations i can get my rom to work fine but when using the patch it just freezes on a black screen

Tojake

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to adjust more RetroArch settings? For example, enabling the Scale2x filter and RetroAchievements would be really nice

HonestEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with a CIA I made for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) using beta 27 of the Injector tool, using SNES Virtual Console injection. It played fine for a few times, but now whenever I try to close it from the Home screen, it hangs on "Saving data and closing software..." and I have to hard power off the system. Using a New 2DS XL. Anyone else seen this?

BruceNovaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just exit in the emulator menu. Snes9x has a option in the bottom of the menu which serves for this function.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm having a problem with a CIA I made for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) using beta 27 of the Injector tool, using SNES Virtual Console injection. It played fine for a few times, but now whenever I try to close it from the Home screen, it hangs on "Saving data and closing software..." and I have to hard power off the system. Using a New 2DS XL. Anyone else seen this?
Use the exit option in the menu in the bottom screen instead.

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Never heard of SNES VC-injection work with special-chip games before. Can you elaborate on this?

BruceNovaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Never heard of SNES VC-injection work with special-chip games before. Can you elaborate on this?
if you do choose "snes9x forwarder" in the vc injector, they do work, but that's the problem which i'm having, the injector appears to only allow the roms to be installed using snes9x v1.21. if you put the .rom in the sd card and use the standalone snes9x v1.30 through normal means, any rom that i tried, worked flawlessly.

wynndow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On beta 28, when injecting a Gameboy rom and applying custom pallets the second darkest color on the alternate pallet does not change from default.
2020-09-16_13-46-16.881_top.png

Danielz18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, does anyone else have this problem with VirtuaNes? For some reason it doesn't save game progress, save states works, but not the in-game save method, it doesn´t create a save file at all. Is there any way to fix this? ( I know I can use another option like nestopia)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn