Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally Dios Mios is complete!
Not really, but probably as complete as it will ever be. There are some games that are incompatible for various reasons, and some of the compatible ones have issues. For example, GBA connectivity isn't 100% supported - in one game, it works for one thing but doesn't work for another. BK:EW has memory card issues, which is rather annoying since I play from a real one...

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
And multi-dol games require a disc to be inserted, along with some less important but annoying things like: it always forces 480p on the splash screen, the disc drive always makes the disc init sucking sound, reset button doesn't work, power button doesn't work, etc.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And multi-dol games require a disc to be inserted, along with some less important but annoying things like: it always forces 480p on the splash screen, the disc drive always makes the disc init sucking sound, reset button doesn't work, power button doesn't work, etc.
I HATE that. So much.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

As you mentioned all those things are minor annoyances compared to the compatibility and stability that DM has. A disc being required in the drive being one of the most minor ones. Never bothers me I usually have a disc in there anyway. Other than MC problems and the few games that need special patches everything else I can live with. I rather have no power button or reset button and have my games run without random crashes, crashes after videos play, graphical glitches and controller bugs like random desync and input problems.

These are things that DM does not suffer from since it's running natively in GC mode. I believe that NDont will eventually fix most if not all these issues, but for the time being DM remains my main GC Loader followed by Devo for PSO. Since NDont and DM now both support Audio Streaming games I no longer have to depend on Devo for those games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you mentioned all those things are minor annoyances compared to the compatibility and stability that DM has. A disc being required in the drive being one of the most minor ones. Never bothers me I usually have a disc in there anyway. Other than MC problems and the few games that need special patches everything else I can live with. I rather have no power button or reset button and have my games run without random crashes, crashes after videos play, graphical glitches and controller bugs like random desync and input problems.

These are things that DM does not suffer from since it's running natively in GC mode. I believe that NDont will eventually fix most if not all these issues, but for the time being DM remains my main GC Loader followed by Devo for PSO. Since NDont and DM now both support Audio Streaming games I no longer have to depend on Devo for those games.

And the cool thing is both Nintendont and DM can be used in tandem to compliment each other :D

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Some games actually randomly crash in DM and work fine in Nintendont, a couple of good examples are Megaman X Command Mission and The Simpsons Road Rage!

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
So games like Wave Race Blue Storm will have music now? Any idea when this version will be released and will the compatibility list be updated with the games that now work perfectly?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So games like Wave Race Blue Storm will have music now? Any idea when this version will be released and will the compatibility list be updated with the games that now work perfectly?

Since it uses audio streaming, yes, it should work fine, no one knows when he will release this version however, but it should work fine. Failing that, Nintendont will work with the game just fine :D

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I simply install Nintendont on the SD card on the Wii like any other app without affecting the Mios? I have Wiiflow, can I choose certain games to boot via DIOS MIOS and others via Nintendont (i.e. Wave Race Blue Storm)?

Reactions: _47iscool

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I simply install Nintendont on the SD card on the Wii like any other app without affecting the Mios? I have Wiiflow, can I choose certain games to boot via DIOS MIOS and others via Nintendont (i.e. Wave Race Blue Storm)?

Nintendont doesn't replace the GameCube Mios like DM does, so you could easily use both. And I use USB Loader GX, so I don't know about Wiiflow, but USB Loader GX allows you to change settings per game if you'd like.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont doesn't replace the GameCube Mios like DM does, so you could easily use both. And I use USB Loader GX, so I don't know about Wiiflow, but USB Loader GX allows you to change settings per game if you'd like.

That I didn't know, because for some games, like Burnout 2 I can use Dios Mios to get music until it's fixed in Nintendont.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes you can change what app to use for EACH game in Wiiflow. Being it Nintendont, DM or Devo.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I installed Nintendont and Wave Race works with music! Cheers guys.

When I launch the game you have to choose SD or USB and scroll through your game list, isn't there a way of just making it boot automatically?

Does Splinter Cell Chaos Theory work with Nintendont? I hadn't added it as it was marked not working on the DM compatibility list.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How does StarFox Adventures fair?

As Nintendont have delayed subtitles (though i am pretty sure Dios Mios also had/has this?).
Would be nice if Dios Mios would solve this, but i guess it will simply add audio (obviously;P), and not affect anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs