Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes there is only one partition(Fat32) in the HDD. USBLoaderGX is show size of the HDD but not show the game? I make sure USBLoaderGX is show wii and GC games.... DIOS MIOS booter is no show game list under "device: USB"
I think someone is say before USB is to only connect to port 0/1?
Are you sure your game iso is located under (USB:/games/[gameID]/game.iso) and the game MUST be called "game.iso".

Reactions: Katsumi San

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure your game iso is located under (USB:/games/[gameID]/game.iso) and the game MUST be called "game.iso".
Ah thank you! This was the issue! There was no folder name "games" and I forgot about it hehehe... Thank you all for so much helpful information. I can confirm all 15 games on HDD work with no problem.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you just run the ISO after loading Dimos ?, that's it, are need this 249 thing ...

already have usb loader gx installed running my wii games of USB, But have SD .

---------

EDIT:

How I figured it out, I used DML_booter_SVN_r30_HBC_Pack put files from it to app folder on SD, and put ISO in SD card under games folder GCCE01 ID folder of my game Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles used DiscEX to extract files off Games ISO , But when loaded game vr DIOSMIOS bt Home brew channel the wii just reset its self...

DML_booter_SVN_r30_HBC_Pack: https://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-booter/downloads/detail?name=DML_booter_SVN_r30_HBC_Pack.7z

(NOTE) DiscEX creates the ID folder somewhere on your harddrive locate it, just drag and drop ISO image onto exe to start crate ISO, once one just put the folder into the games folder on your sd card

So got this other file called DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.wad : Placed it on USB Loader GX 4.3 Updated Version WAD folder, and installed it from the WAD manger v1.7 IE: select, ios249 / disable / wii slot / wad / install DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.wad

Reset back to HBC

Loaded HBC again run DISMIOS , selected my game from SD and Bingo game loaded.

I'm using Verbatim 16GB SDHC class (4), and still worked, So yes you can use some SDHC cards.

Hope any of this helps.

Attached file if needed.

Attachments

• DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 253

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After a bit of digging about Found: DIOSMIOS 2.10.wad file (USB) Version / Not lite, Download installed tested and working.

reads on my wii DIOS-MIOS Built: May 24 2013

(Note) USB can only be used in First USB Port 0 at bottom, USB Port 1 will be blank on load, have notest loads game a lot faster to, then SD SDHC

Attached file enjoy.

These files was missing of main page: https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2

Attachments

• DIOSMIOS 2.10.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
Reactions: MassiveRican

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After a bit of digging about Found: DIOSMIOS 2.10.wad file (USB) Version / Not lite, Download installed tested and working.

reads on my wii DIOS-MIOS Built: May 24 2013

(Note) USB can only be used in First USB Port 0 at bottom, USB Port 1 will be blank on load, have notest loads game a lot faster to, then SD SDHC

Attached file enjoy.

These files was missing of main page: https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2
It's the first file on that google code page. DIOS MIOS real NAND with DMToolbox.

I recommend downloading it from the google code page.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be better to have a 1:1 iso, optimized iso, or extracted iso to play on dios mios? Would any of the options effect loading times at all?

wafflewrestler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I use Dios Mios 2.10. Is there any fix out there for "streaming audio"? some of my games have no music in the background and I wish to fix this...has anyone figured this out yet?

BananaSlamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be better to have a 1:1 iso, optimized iso, or extracted iso to play on dios mios? Would any of the options effect loading times at all?
I usually use optimized, but once I installed Viewtiful Joe with optimized and the voice audio wouldn't play. Then I reinstalled it with 1:1 and it worked fine. So I guess optimized can cause problems sometimes. If you have plenty of HDD space it might be easier to just use 1:1

megaexplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Is there any way to stop the flickering of the Wii's blue LED when I'm playing a gamecube game using DIOS MIOS? I tried turning it off in the Wii settings but that didn't work. Is there a tweak or something to have it off permanently?

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Quick question: Is there any way to stop the flickering of the Wii's blue LED when I'm playing a gamecube game using DIOS MIOS? I tried turning it off in the Wii settings but that didn't work. Is there a tweak or something to have it off permanently?

In loader settings (USBLoaderCFG/USBLoaderGX) ther is an option to turn on/off drive LED.

Destillat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got kind of an interesting dilemma that I've seen a few people on the internet post but have never seen an actual solution for (one guy managed to fix it by changing out his USB drive (and Im on SD) and another fixed by doing nothing and getting lucky).

I installed the DML2.10 wad and attempted to load my iso of Battalion Wars (which I setup using an iso and DiscEX). Success! Easy and done right? Well...not quite. The next day I popped in my SSB:M disc to play it with a buddy and when I tried to load it from the disc channel (the default wii one) the DM(L) splash screen (with the GC logo) appeared....and that was it. It just stayed on the splash screen (I let it sit for like 15 minutes).

Thinking it was something to do with trying to play it on the disc, I ripped the iso, used DMToolbox (Optimized 32k) to set up the folder/files how DML likes, and popped it into my Wii and tried again. Loaded it through USBCFG, and same issue. Tried using Wiiflow, same issue. Tried to use a disc of NHL Hitz 2002 and an iso of that, neither worked. All of them just hang on the DM splash screen. I tried loading Battalion Wars again and it worked just fine no matter which loader I start it from.

I followed this guide to a T: http://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/25i5vm/the_ultimate_dios_mios_tutorial_newbies_check/

Tried loading SSB:M again. Nothing. Tried the disc again. Nothing. Tried Battalion Wars; yep, still works fine.

At this point I haven't tried:

• Setting up the iso using DiscEX (though I don't see how that would make a difference)
  • Running the iso through Devolution and popping in the SSB:M disc (but then I've just turned my wii into a really complicated GC that can also play Battalion Wars without the disc and everything else with the disc AND iso)
  • Buying a USB drive and trying it through there (but the fact that Battalion wars loaded just fine makes me wonder if that really matters)
But aside from those solutions, I'm at my wits end. Can anyone suggest anything? I've attached a syscheck (in .rar form because the .csv wasnt an option). I will be trying options 1 and 2 after posting this but three would require A) Money that I don't want to spend at the moment and B) Time.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Edit: I feel like a doof. I started running the iso through discex and got a warning that my iso "may be underdumped." No one else has reported a problem like this with using optimized iso files, but hey, gotta rule out everything right? Trying a fresh iso now and will report back the results.

Edit 2: DiscEX didn't help, still stuck at the splash screen. I thought I had some promise with Devolution because it did the five flashes, but is now just constantly looping two flashes but not spitting out the disc. I'm losing hope. :(

Edit 3: Ok, slight progress! Using a rip from clean rip and not USB CFG works with Devolution, so that's an option for now. I would ideally still like to figure out why DML hates me so damn much.

Attachments

• sysCheck.rar
    820 bytes · Views: 163

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

They can, though some games don't like certain formats. For example, Skies of Arcadia will lock up on going to a shop if you use GCReEx format but works fine with 1:1 ISO and DiscEx.

Destillat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm maybe SD card fragmentation? Defragment SD and try Selecting "RAW" option in DM(L) disc installer.
I've tried defragging it this morning and I will attempt to get a raw iso onto the card to see. Work has prevented me from being very active in trying to get this fixed this week. Stupid adult life :(

Thanks for your suggestions so far

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1