Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Modded my first Wii this morning and used this thread (and linked tutorials) to get DML up and running.

Absolutely awesome, major kudos to the OP and all who've contributed! Knowing nothing about WADs, Wii modding etc. it was refreshing to see something simple that I could follow! Now I'm playing Luigi's Mansion off an SD card; brilliant. :D

Reactions: 2 people

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
How is DML possible when GC Mode cannot access the SD card?

GC mode and USB use the same memory hense no USB loaders, SD doesnt not so you can have GC mod running and have SD access hence DML SD backup loader
Then wouldn't that make it possible to have save files on an SD?

yes NMM does exactly that yet buggy
Does it do a combination of Disc loading + SD saving?

???????

Have you been reading the thread at all, DML redirects DVD access to the SD, the NMM varient also redirects save functions to the SD, basically like an emulated GC MC.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just as a heads up to anyone having trouble with certain cube games...
I was having major problems with just one game - Starwars Rogue 2. Black screen on start-up, contrary to the compatibility list.
It was an fstfix release so I tried just about every combo of fstfix/discEx switches to fix it, to no avail.
BTW, the orig gcm worked as a burned disc (with my old save file, on a proper GC save cart)
As a last resort, I unplugged the save cart and it worked, so I deleted my old save file and lo and behold, it created a new one which now works.
I spent a lot of hours trying to fix this so maybe this might help someone with weird black-screen issues to unplug their save carts just to see if that was the issue.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a little unimportant issue, but worth asking:

I have an original Nintendo GCN memory card where I used to keep all my saves, including F-Zero GX's. I recently transferred all my saves except those related to said game, to a third party card, so that I can backup my saves regularly with GCMM. The problem is that F-Zero GX is a protected save file so it cannot be moved. This would be well and fine, except that the game won't load savefiles from slot B, so I would have swap slots every time I want to play F-Zero GX with my savefile.

Is there any sort of work-around for copy-protected GCN files, perhaps enabled by DML, or otherwise?

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The Compatibility List (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List) is very unorganized to say the least because it contains all the revisions at once, if everything works with latest r47 then 47 should be the default revision for the test. If not then only working fix should be present.
Don't you think?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Compatibility List (http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List) is very unorganized to say the least because it contains all the revisions at once, if everything works with latest r47 then 47 should be the default revision for the test. If not then only working fix should be present.
Don't you think?
That's nice, but remember that the compatibility list depends on individual contributions from DML users. It's not like there is a paid staff of testers maintaining it for you. The reason the old versions show up is because that is what the individual testers had when they checked those particular games.

If you want all the games tested with the latest and greatest version, you better start testing...

Reactions: 4 people

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@themanuel whoever tested these games has most probably updated DML to latest release, It'll be more practical and more efficient for the users to update their post than to have someone test everything alone.
maybe this should be stated on the top of the compatibility page: "Please Check your GC games with latest version and update your posts when applicable"
My 2GB SD is almost full I just tested Animal Crossing which is tiny and worked in all revisions.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@themanuel whoever tested these games has most probably updated DML to latest release, It'll be more practical and more efficient for the users to update their post than to have someone test everything alone.
maybe this should be stated on the top of the compatibility page: "Please Check your GC games with latest version and update your posts when applicable"
My 2GB SD is almost full I just tested Animal Crossing which is tiny and worked in all revisions.

Dude, people have real lives to be dealing with, don't expect them to update stuff to suit you. People will update their posts when they get chance, if you don't like it then just test it yourself and update the compatibility page

Reactions: 2 people

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand what you mean AbadallahTerro, and you're right it would definitely make the compat list better to look at, more streamlined, accurate and most importantly up to date, but we should just ask for the community to help, rather then expect, I think that's what made these comments begin. Just putting in my two cents, I'll be updating with r47 whichever games I have, but I'll need the help of the entire community to get that list on point lol.

hellfire2081

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there is one
Does yours?
C'mon, share it :).
I dunno what you're talking about, but megazig was saying there is a "revision" field\column in the DML wiki Compatibility_List for anyone to use
He is talking about his ''custom'' DML with working pokemon :-p

BIG C & T for all the contributors of this project: coders, testers, etc

Ps: this is neat, i was following this project since the beginning and after 160 pages, this is my first and only post when i answered at this comment... don't know why by the way ^_^

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dude...don't go there. :angry:

I've easily tested and submitted dozens of games and provided detailed feedback (region, revision, cluster size, specific details). Then that spambot came along and all the details were gone. Not that those hours of tedious works meant that much, because by then about ten new revisions came along and my comments were most likely corrected. Yes, "most likely", as I'm not going to retest every freaking game and submit it on a daily basis. Especially not when the end result is pretty much zero, my savegame cartridge became corrupted in the process and guys like you STILL aren't happy with the result.

In Dutch, there's a saying "de beste schippers staan aan wal", which kinda translates to "the guys who know best are the ones who just complain to others". Same here. If Animal crossing works so flawless, why don't YOU update the compatibility chart?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy