Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I play gc pal games on my wii ntsc console. If I try alll I get is a black screen and I see that most persons can play games from different regions with no problems. :blink:

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
NMM, support seems to be fairly poor, generally speaking. Of the game's in the wiki there's about 3 that don't work for every one that does.

Of the 3 (as yet un-wikied for NMM) games I've tried, none work (Tales of Symphonia freezes on the access it does straight after booting to check/save config data, Fire Emblem doesn't detect a card, Evolution: Worlds can read the card data (probably, it can display it but since i can't save to it I obviously can't check if it loads) but freezes on saving). The frst 2 are PAL versions and I believe the last one is as well.

It'd be nice if there was a way for DML to hook games that are booted from normal DVDs and apply NMM to them as well, or maybe a facility for a loader to enable this, currently you can only use NMM if you're running a game of the SD card, but I can understand why it doesn't given that there's a lot of GC booters like Gecko and Swiss out there that would probably get into a patching war.

The wiki could probably use some more information too, for example it says Tales of Symphonia EUR doesn't work, but it does for me, so having more information on what card the person doing the testing is using would probably be good.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using NMM on retail discs can be tricky. To use them on the main.dol could be done in a few minutes, but retail discs + loaded .dol or .elf files is very complicated. And NeoGamma backup discs + NMM is next to impossible.

Actually i thought that the NMM applies the memory card patches to retail discs, most likely this is just an oversight.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I meant the retail discs, don't even know why I typed DVD.

Could be, this is the first time I've tried it, so I don't know how it behaved in the past.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm probably an idiot for asking this but, why can we load Gamecube ISOs off a SD card but not a USB device. Is it because the SD slot is actually used officialy for storage with the Wii and the USB slot isn't.

Also will it ever be possible to be able to just pop a GC game into the console and convert it to DML without having to use your computer?

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm probably an idiot for asking this but, why can we load Gamecube ISOs off a SD card but not a USB device. Is it because the SD slot is actually used officialy for storage with the Wii and the USB slot isn't.

Also will it ever be possible to be able to just pop a GC game into the console and convert it to DML without having to use your computer?

the reason is because in short, when the wii goes into gamecube mode, the usb ports are disabled, since the gamecube never had usb ports before, so its impossible apparently to get it to work on usb...

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country

I have not tried it but I thought Wiiflow could install GC games now.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

the reason is because in short, when the wii goes into gamecube mode, the usb ports are disabled, since the gamecube never had usb ports before, so its impossible apparently to get it to work on usb...
The gamecube didnt have sd cards either.....right?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It's slightly more complicated than that as the gamecube didn't have the front sd slot either. It's because the ram used for usb is used in gamecube for something else. There was talk about possibly working round that, but nothing has surfaced so far. The original dios mios did load from usb but sound was a problem.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It's slightly more complicated than that as the gamecube didn't have the front sd slot either. It's because the ram used for usb is used in gamecube for something else. There was talk about possibly working round that, but nothing has surfaced so far. The original dios mios did load from usb but sound was a problem.

oooh i see. thats a better explanation XD

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The gamecube didnt have sd cards either.....right?
Correct. That is not the correct reason.

Basically, on the Wii, USB access requires a certain part of memory. However, this specific part of memory is used for other stuff in GC mode. SD card access however uses a different part of memory, which isn't used by GC mode. Therefore, GC mode can work with SD card access enabled, but not with USB mode enabled, because USB access needs memory which is used in GC, but SD does not.

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't have so many tabs open...

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I just installed the latest revision of WiiFlow, it didnt recongize the games I have on my sdcard?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

I just installed the latest revision of WiiFlow, it didnt recongize the games I have on my sdcard?

press B on the setting icon while in GC flow, if that doesnt work then your not using the modded version

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country

Are you using a fowarder? If so the fowarder has to be the latest version of fowarder v11d or try starting from homebrew channel.

http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Wiiflow/forwarders

s8n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi DML scene , i have tested a few games and Beach Spikers audio Lags by about 4 seconds and has long Load times. I was wondering if i get a faster SD Card will it perform better ?

any info helps

s8n

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat