Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm assuming the little progress in translating the story is still due to the text limit. Any news on if you've found someone to help overcome the hurdle?

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not a text limit, it's just that as usual they made something awfuly smart which gives us little trouble, the % at the first post are not accurate though.

And yeah I asked for a friend, he's currently fixing everything (well he has redone a whole new tool actually.)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i guess it's an iso size limit, there is a check in eboot or boot files that checks the iso size somehow :/

lol no. What you are talking about is a LBA Table and things like that are no issue at all.
Sorry but unless you really looked into the structure of the game don't make such unqualified comments, because they confuse people.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
lol no. What you are talking about is a LBA Table and things like that are no issue at all.
Sorry but unless you really looked into the structure of the game don't make such unqualified comments, because they confuse people.

i apologize, because i had a translation where it had size check and lba was not the problem, i thought it was the same, sorry again :)

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
my game had like, a size check for every file in the iso, it's like, if you remove a byte, the game will freeze after checking for a save, add a byte, game will freeze again :/

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my game had like, a size check for every file in the iso, it's like, if you remove a byte, the game will freeze after checking for a save, add a byte, game will freeze again :/

I sucks that the 5D's Translation was ended because of that :/

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How were you editing said files? If it was via hex editing then you weren't just adding/removing bytes, you'd be messing up the entire addresses for the file.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
How were you editing said files? If it was via hex editing then you weren't just adding/removing bytes, you'd be messing up the entire addresses for the file.

actually using tools that update pointers and everything, the only problem we had was the check, since the encoding was UTF-16LE, it uses unicode with 2 bytes per char, and the japanese can write 4 chars and translates here as three words.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you progressed in the story's translation part? Like the Desert and/or Jijimon's House?

On Paper and in TXT Files: done
Insertion in game and checking for context related issues: No
Estimated date when I will be able to do so: No idea, depends on whether the "new" tool if you may say so,
will be able to deal with it.

Things running slow currently, not much I can do but translate stuff in txt files and wait for a better tool.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So more or less what you're saying is the game is basically "translated" just that the translation isn't exactly in the game as of yet :P

I hope that new tool works and it's a smooth process though when it's ready.

FranciscoMateus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That's right. It means that if it weren't for the tool then the process could have been much faster.

But casualities can occur anytime, so it's only natural that exists "a little problem".

I really want to play this game. Already finished this game twice and the third time will be when this masterpiece is done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs