Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,593,236
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

TheLoneWolfGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well well well a digimon game that i never played cause of language barrier will be soon playable thnks guys ;)
Yup, I'm excited about it. Nintendo released what they shouldn't in US (aka Dawn/dusk) and didn't release what they must ave (aka lost evo/super xros wars/others). They are mad lol!

TheLoneWolfGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the developers provide me with this small :/spoiler:/ that this game has mp less mover or not? And is it more connected to Digi world DS or dawn/dusk?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
About the Pokemon center near my house, yeah. I live near Narimasu station (technically Wako-shi) which is about 10 minutes by express from Ikebukuro, where the new Pokemon center is slated to open next month. There is also an Evangelion store opening up there too, but I don't know too much about that. Honestly, though, Yokai Watch is all the rage here these days. Mind you, the new Pokemon games are out real soon now (some reports say a few people already have it here, but that was the case with Pokemon X/Y, too)

i am so jealous. of both the pokemon center and people already having ORAS there :P

Reactions: TheLoneWolfGamer

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the developers provide me with this small :/spoiler:/ that this game has mp less mover or not? And is it more connected to Digi world DS or dawn/dusk?

I don't know the full story, but it doesn't really have any more to do with the original or Sunburst/Moonlight than Sunburst/Moonlight and the original had with each other.

Nintendo released what they shouldn't in US (aka Dawn/dusk) and didn't release what they must ave (aka lost evo/super xros wars/others). They are mad lol!

You should see the turd Bandai just released, All-Star Rumble. Truly a game only bad enough for a Western market.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, I managed to get a bunch of time yesterday to work on this and I'll have a bunch of time over the next few days. I'm currently...just over 95% done through the main story file so if I'm lucky I might have the entire file done in a matter of days.

I have been taking notes on things I don't quite understand mostly because I'm not a hardcore Digimon fan and just don't know all the details of the series so when I'm in my checking phase of the main text I'll start posting lists of concerns I have. Some of it may be easily fixable just seeing it all in-game and fixing it to what it more obviously should be but we'll see, I guess.

Joschua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I managed to get a bunch of time yesterday to work on this and I'll have a bunch of time over the next few days. I'm currently...just over 95% done through the main story file so if I'm lucky I might have the entire file done in a matter of days.

I have been taking notes on things I don't quite understand mostly because I'm not a hardcore Digimon fan and just don't know all the details of the series so when I'm in my checking phase of the main text I'll start posting lists of concerns I have. Some of it may be easily fixable just seeing it all in-game and fixing it to what it more obviously should be but we'll see, I guess.

Wow! Keep up the awesome work!!!!! :nds:

Reactions: dimmidice

TheLoneWolfGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the full story, but it doesn't really have any more to do with the original or Sunburst/Moonlight than Sunburst/Moonlight and the original had with each other.

You should see the turd Bandai just released, All-Star Rumble. Truly a game only bad enough for a Western market.
Yup, they are bad. They mess it all.
It could have been so good, but they half assed it.
Right!
was it that bad? I thought it could have been a lot better.

is the digimon franchise ruined in the west? Xros wars dub was horrible, at least here in Latin America.
Not in my place at least!
All dubs I know have that shitty USA opening, and the name changes don't help.
Eh?

Keep up the good work!

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

As TMS1 said, it doesn't have any connection to Dawn/Dusk except the fact that may be the player battle Glare/Julia (or whatever their names were). This is what I got from the paks I translated myself. May be they got a lot more in the story.

And to tell you, All-Star Rumble is too bad game. I love "Digimon Tamers: Evolution Battle" more than this.

Vaioumon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprise, a $40 fighter game that was made in the span of half a year solely for the western market isn't amazing. :P Honestly, I'm having fun with it. The biggest flaw is that there isn't much to do, but again, it's a fighter game. I'm fine with having spent my money on it, not just for the game, but as support for Bamco to start localizing games again.

And it's great to hear so much progress has been made on this translation. Nice to know it'll be finished soon.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, I'm working off-line on the main story file and will merge my changes later today, but in short I am now over 98% finished with the main story file, which is to say <100 cells left to do. Mind you, these are the most confusing ones with multiple interpretations...

What is happening with the graphics, by the way? I think I asked about it a while ago but I don't remember the answer. I can put graphics in the game if there are mockups at least but if that is already done, that makes everything a lot easier.

I should finish the full translation in the next day or so (1st pass) and then I'll give the 4800 rows of the main story a quick check before I give an OK to go forward with testing. Just as a warning, though. No matter how nice it looks in Excel, until it is viewed in-game I'm not sure what it is going to look like. There is a good chance a significant amount of text may need to be reworked once we see it all in the game.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
OKAY! Milestone reached!

All 4809 entries in the main story now have English entries!

However!!... This is only the 1st pass. I need to go through and fix up the old entries and check against the other master file to make sure the terminology is consistent. Some of the older entries are also wrong and need to be fixed.

But in any case this is good news. I need to get some sleep and I'll start going through it all tomorrow.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OKAY! Milestone reached!

All 4809 entries in the main story now have English entries!

However!!... This is only the 1st pass. I need to go through and fix up the old entries and check against the other master file to make sure the terminology is consistent. Some of the older entries are also wrong and need to be fixed.

But in any case this is good news. I need to get some sleep and I'll start going through it all tomorrow.

wow, it's amazing the amount of progress that's been made since you came aboard :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv