Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

  • Thread starter Thread starter yugix
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,668,947
  • Replies Replies 2,284
  • Likes Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

  • Stick with Japanese names for all names.

    Votes: 141 27.8%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

    Votes: 367 72.2%

  • Total voters
    508
Just checking in again.

I went through the 005 file (the 900 line one) and touched up a good 400 or so lines. I don't think it is perfect yet but there are repeated sections used in the training sequences I originally copy/pasted as a place holder and those needed to be fixed up not only because the speech style is different, but because the received boosts and bonuses seem to vary slightly by Digimon and the text phrases used reflect that.

Also, without seeing these in game, there are vague terms used in the game and on their own and I'm not sure which means more than the others. They are used as in "You're xxxx (stat) went up ..." I can say "It went up a lot!" "It went up sharply!" "It skyrocketed!" "It rose quite a bit!", etc. but this is just something that needs context. (とっても, かなり, ずいぶん)

Still, that file is in much better shape now. I'll get back to that 003 monster of a file. It's still going to take a while to finish the last 1000 or so lines. And then there will be proofreading of all the old stuff as well... but I digress.

Those sound bites sound almost like text from the Farm Islands, but I could be wrong.
 
It is extremely desired! I am overjoyed that the translation is finally gaining progress :D as far as the above text goes, just an opinion but I think "it rose sharply" would be nice
 
Hello, everyone. I've been extremely busy this week but I did get another 100 or so line done in my off-line copy and I just need to copy/paste them.

I hope to have a lot more time this coming week now there there is no typhoon ripping through the area and there are no holidays/have to watch the kids, sick, etc. (read: it's been rough)

I'm enjoying the translation work now, though right now I have no idea how long it will take to go through the other older translations that were made before I even joined but users like CK_Byuu have also been pushing through so this is all coming together. Hopefully this week I'll have more to report for you. (I still have to update that Blood of Bahamut strategy guide and address a single spelling issue in Retro Game Challenge someone found after months of it being out)

That and this country is in Monster Hunter 4G mania and I'm getting constantly asked to join/play by my local friends. That's another one...were the monster hunter games (PSP in particular) ever ported to the west? No rush on that one. I have my hands completely full with this and possibly that Retro Game Exam if I ever getting around to figuring out how to substitute text in that one.
 
will this be done anytime soon i would realy like the know because from what iv played so far lost evolution is the best out of all of them

I can't really give a specific timeframe as of now, but we have been making loads more progress thanks to Aaron and CK_Byuu
When a date comes into light I can promise you'll all know immediately
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kriemhild Gretchen
The Turtle will ALWAYS be Fast than the Rabbit,I Prefer this Translation to be Done as Slowly and Perfect than be Rushed and Horribly done[/

yeah i agree lol still was just wondering

I can't really give a specific timeframe as of now, but we have been making loads more progress thanks to Aaron and CK_Byuu
When a date comes into light I can promise you'll all know immediately


thanks ill keep an eye open
 
What happened? 2012 was really the last time someone posted? :( I swear there was stuff in 2013.

Anyway, I saw that the top post was edited in Jun. Is anymore stuff happening?
 
What happened? 2012 was really the last time someone posted? :( I swear there was stuff in 2013.

Anyway, I saw that the top post was edited in Jun. Is anymore stuff happening?


I don't know what makes you think the last post was in 2012. The post just above yours happened the day before your post.

The translation team finally has a... you know... a translator. Aaron-dude on top of this page. Progress is being made. Don't worry about wheter or not this is gonna be finished. It will. But next time you want to be updated on the progress being made, I suggest you check at least the two most recent pages instead of cluttering the thread with more of the same unnecessary question that's been asked a billion times. Sorry, that was rude of me. Don't feel bad, but don't repeat your mistakes.

As for me, I'll go back to lurking and occasionally checking for updates. I'd say "can't wait for this to be finished!!" 'cept, y' know... I DO can wait.
 
Hello, everyone. I've been extremely busy this week but I did get another 100 or so line done in my off-line copy and I just need to copy/paste them.

I hope to have a lot more time this coming week now there there is no typhoon ripping through the area and there are no holidays/have to watch the kids, sick, etc. (read: it's been rough)

I'm enjoying the translation work now, though right now I have no idea how long it will take to go through the other older translations that were made before I even joined but users like CK_Byuu have also been pushing through so this is all coming together. Hopefully this week I'll have more to report for you. (I still have to update that Blood of Bahamut strategy guide and address a single spelling issue in Retro Game Challenge someone found after months of it being out)

That and this country is in Monster Hunter 4G mania and I'm getting constantly asked to join/play by my local friends. That's another one...were the monster hunter games (PSP in particular) ever ported to the west? No rush on that one. I have my hands completely full with this and possibly that Retro Game Exam if I ever getting around to figuring out how to substitute text in that one.

You move at whatever rate is best for you. Most of us are thankful for anytime anyone spends working on this project. Especially since for a minute it was in limbo with no translators working on it. I know life can be busy and many things will take priority over this translation, but with all sincerity thank you and anyone else working on this project. I'll be checking in more often since the progress has really sped up recently.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sree Aquila
Thanks. Well, that is what I do. For the moment I'm blasting through the remaining 1000 entries and picking off the shorter ones first since a huge block of 1000 unfilled cells is a bit intimidating and daunting. From there I'll fill in the sectioned-off regions.

Whenever that is done this will need a full pass through to fix up the translations, particularly the oldest stuff and cells I found where someone only translated the 1st sentence in a paragraph of text and left the rest. That part should go a lot faster, though.
 
I just posted in the private conversation ... "thread" (?) about this. Even though just over 80% of the entries are filled in, there are older entries from before I started that look machine translated, are plain wrong and/or only have the first sentence out of a block of text done. For that reason it is hard to give a real % value.

EDIT> The Mes005...whatever file related to training is 100% though (that was 0% when I started)
 
I just posted in the private conversation ... "thread" (?) about this. Even though just over 80% of the entries are filled in, there are older entries from before I started that look machine translated, are plain wrong and/or only have the first sentence out of a block of text done. For that reason it is hard to give a real % value.

EDIT> The Mes005...whatever file related to training is 100% though (that was 0% when I started)


I can't thank you enough for doing the translation work on this!
 

Site & Scene News