Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,592,262
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

VanitasTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kh-fever.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh I know exactly how it is to work on translations and stuff for hours, but it's just stupid (no offense) not to give a simple answer... It can also be a risky guess, just a tiny little number... Don't tell anyone like "they have a real life, this is stressful enough", it just don't work anymore with this excuse, because EVERYONE who's working on stuff like this has a real life... I'm gonna translate a tons of news on Christmas, because I made it to my own "mission". Nobody wants to force anything, but I'm pretty sure 90% of the people who are waiting for this Translation would appreciate a little update. Just saying: appreciate

It also would be the best IMO, because what's written on the first page is that what everyone takes for real, so at the moment the Story translation is 0% ... One Month later it's still 0% ... Well, most people will think "let's ask what's going on" ... It could be prevented with 1 simple answer. If someone's giving a number it could be used EVERYTIME this question is asked again, and nobody needs to be offended or stupid things like that.

jojoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know exactly how it is to work on translations and stuff for hours, but it's just stupid (no offense) not to give a simple answer... It can also be a risky guess, just a tiny little number... Don't tell anyone like "they have a real life, this is stressful enough", it just don't work anymore with this excuse, because EVERYONE who's working on stuff like this has a real life... I'm gonna translate a tons of news on Christmas, because I made it to my own "mission". Nobody wants to force anything, but I'm pretty sure 90% of the people who are waiting for this Translation would appreciate a little update. Just saying: appreciate

It also would be the best IMO, because what's written on the first page is that what everyone takes for real, so at the moment the Story translation is 0% ... One Month later it's still 0% ... Well, most people will think "let's ask what's going on" ... It could be prevented with 1 simple answer. If someone's giving a number it could be used EVERYTIME this question is asked again, and nobody needs to be offended or stupid things like that.

I can understand what you are saying, but at the same time its really not that big a deal. Yugix who I believe is translating it said he would not be able to work on it for a month and this was on October 31. Given that they had been working on graphics and he may have had to take off more time than he originally planed from working on this translation he could have yet to made any significant progress on the story, thus the lack of an update. If you can help them translate then please do, but if you cannot just sit back check the boards periodically and relax. Everyone's life is different, so while you may have the time to do everything you need to as well as work on a translation others may not. I have a full time job as well as attend college full time, so if I were a translator I would rarely be able to work on anything extra except the weekend or whenever I had a break from school. Also, that simple answer will likely do nothing but incite the masses to start begging for a patch. If you can help then help, but getting upset about it and complaining will do nothing but make them work slower or drop the project.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
To all reader and followers of this topic,
I find it too annoying that everyone ask for "update" when I told you that I won't be able to work in it while studying to the certificate.
I have a full-time job + studying for certificate + family and small baby. I don't need anything from you but understanding that I "WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THE REGULAR WORK IN TRANSLATION".

A small request, if anyone of you can translate the story, I will be glad to give you the access to the translation sheet.
Please send me your gmail (google) account to access google docs (Google Drive) and I will give you access.
This can make the translation faster, as I can fix the text in the game little by little faster even while studying.

I can understand what you are saying, but at the same time its really not that big a deal. Yugix who I believe is translating it said he would not be able to work on it for a month and this was on October 31. Given that they had been working on graphics and he may have had to take off more time than he originally planed from working on this translation he could have yet to made any significant progress on the story, thus the lack of an update. If you can help them translate then please do, but if you cannot just sit back check the boards periodically and relax. Everyone's life is different, so while you may have the time to do everything you need to as well as work on a translation others may not. I have a full time job as well as attend college full time, so if I were a translator I would rarely be able to work on anything extra except the weekend or whenever I had a break from school. Also, that simple answer will likely do nothing but incite the masses to start begging for a patch. If you can help then help, but getting upset about it and complaining will do nothing but make them work slower or drop the project.

Exactly.

Also, the request added to the first page

Reactions: Castiel and Xokes

Akao

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a full time job as well as attend college full time

I'm sorry, but, how? Full time work would be 40+ hours, and full time education, regardless of where or what, would be at least 20 hours a week on top of that, so, how?

Doing the math that 24 hours in a day, times 5 days a week, minus about 8 hours sleep a night, gives you 80 hours per week spare, minus the 60+ for the college and work time, you would have 20 hours or less spare time per 5 day working week. I'm also assuming that each day you would spend a minimum of 1 hour to study, plus 1 hour at the weekends, plus travel to and from work, you would have about -5 hours a week.

I mean, I'm not picking fault here, just wondered how you do it?

On topic;

Looking forward to the translation, though a bit more info on things wouldn't hurt much.

Good luck peeps.

jojoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but, how? Full time work would be 40+ hours, and full time education, regardless of where or what, would be at least 20 hours a week on top of that, so, how?

Doing the math that 24 hours in a day, times 5 days a week, minus about 8 hours sleep a night, gives you 80 hours per week spare, minus the 60+ for the college and work time, you would have 20 hours or less spare time per 5 day working week. I'm also assuming that each day you would spend a minimum of 1 hour to study, plus 1 hour at the weekends, plus travel to and from work, you would have about -5 hours a week.

I mean, I'm not picking fault here, just wondered how you do it?

On topic;

Looking forward to the translation, though a bit more info on things wouldn't hurt much.

Good luck peeps.
I have class from 8-12:30 MWF and I work 2-11 MWF as well as 10-7 Tuesday and Thursday. I take 12 hrs of couses making me a full time student and work on the weekends some weeks also. I usually study an hour or two after work, but mostly on Tuesdays, Thurdays or cram on the weekends. Its rare that I get 8 hours of sleep at night on weekdays usually anywhere between 4-6. Nice try though. I have no idea where you got 20 hours was a full time student in college where most full time college students take 12-16 hours a semester I think Max at my university you can take 21 hours and most advisors would strongly recommend going past 16 hours.

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
put it this way i work but also have six yes six diffrent activitys going i bearly get free time some weeks but still i find time to write a story because manly my job is very relaxed now i dont know what job he has but from what i get its hard and take time so people if you ask questions about whats happening stick it up your rear end really even i have had enough of these comments if your not actualy asking a valed question like can i help and stuff like that dont ask to put it simply DASQ
DONT ASK STUPID QUESTIONS!!!!!!!
now that i have had my rant for the the day well night on to work anouther 12 hour shift FUN

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
oh a question are you useing for the evolution tree useing the japaness version or the american version where its
rokie champion ultimet mega
thanks

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh a question are you useing for the evolution tree useing the japaness version or the american version where its
rokie champion ultimet mega
thanks

Yugix plans to use the original terminology, so the levels will probably be: Baby > Child > Adult > Perfect > Ultimate > Ultimate II

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have class from 8-12:30 MWF and I work 2-11 MWF as well as 10-7 Tuesday and Thursday. I take 12 hrs of couses making me a full time student and work on the weekends some weeks also. I usually study an hour or two after work, but mostly on Tuesdays, Thurdays or cram on the weekends. Its rare that I get 8 hours of sleep at night on weekdays usually anywhere between 4-6. Nice try though. I have no idea where you got 20 hours was a full time student in college where most full time college students take 12-16 hours a semester I think Max at my university you can take 21 hours and most advisors would strongly recommend going past 16 hours.

what University do you go to :wtf: idk any advisor that would tell a student to go for thats 21 hours a semester thats wayyyyyyyyyy to much on a person i myself take 4 classes that equal 12hrs all MWF goin for 21 hours is alot of stress I dont think the smartest of people would go that far especially if you have a job or do extracurricular activities :blink: if you can do more then that i salute you

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually Worked with Yugix before on the Yu-Gi-Oh Tag force 6 translation hes a beast just let him do his thing and yugix im here if you need some help bro

jojoxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what University do you go to :wtf: idk any advisor that would tell a student to go for thats 21 hours a semester thats wayyyyyyyyyy to much on a person i myself take 4 classes that equal 12hrs all MWF goin for 21 hours is alot of stress I dont think the smartest of people would go that far especially if you have a job or do extracurricular activities :blink: if you can do more then that i salute you
Oh no I don't take 21 hours I would run myself into the ground even if I had no job. I only take 4 classes from 8-12:30 MWF. I took 18 one semester and was burnt out now max I go 15. I was saying that you can take up to 21 hours, but I know most advisors tell you 16 should be your max.

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no I don't take 21 hours I would run myself into the ground even if I had no job. I only take 4 classes from 8-12:30 MWF. I took 18 one semester and was burnt out now max I go 15. I was saying that you can take up to 21 hours, but I know most advisors tell you 16 should be your max.

lol oh I was bout to say thats crazy my max is always goin be 4 classes that equals 12-15 hours i never go for 21 lol I did that my freshmen year and almost failed two of my morning classes because I be so burnt out from studying and doing papers lol but yeah I see what your saying but people that never been to college cant calculate the hours lol even if there is free time but there is more important stuff that goes on in people lives thats probably the main reason we gave up on the Yu-Gi-Oh tag force 6 translation our programmer disppeared for months we ran into the problem no one could solve and translators was being rushed so the translated cards had horrible errors in it and was unreadable I havent been on a translation team since

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just take it from me if you want the translation LEAVE THE TRANSLATORS AND PROGRAMMERS ALONE they have enough problems just go play something else you dont need a update every month theres tons of games thats out to play right now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work