Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,595,077
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

DanielSmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
sorry to ask this in know that i am nots supost to but could you give us a estimet at the lates time you would finish this thanks
again sorry

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sorry to ask this in know that i am nots supost to but could you give us a estimet at the lates time you would finish this thanks
again sorry
I am no affiliated with the translation team. But just to be safe, just assume it to be 10 years. That way, nobody will ragequit and whine if the patch is not done within a shorter time span because we won't unnecessarily raise people's hopes :) Just sayin'

wannabeteacher85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to give kudos for the team and give support! Been waiting for a new Digimon game and of course it in Japanese!! Thanks for helping the little guys out.

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gameplay is similar to all the other games in the Story series. As for other connections to Sunburst/Moonlight, many locations appear again, though in a different layout.

Silphex

Violating scooters since '90
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still no progress on story %? This project used to be so much more active and now its getting pushed back through the forum :(

Silphex

Violating scooters since '90
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
still make silly demands.

So what was my demand? Please do tell me, I was simply worried if the project was still active or not and expressing my opinion on the matter. I find it hilarious that you have taken my comment so seriously and have absoloutely no sense of humour what so ever. If you judge people by one comment on a forum, you clearly do not have any friends. Words could never describe how mentally inferior you are to the rest of your genaration, I intend to never make a post on this website again unless it is to provide help because of people like you who make mountains out of molehills.

P.S I have a great life thank you, I work hard and play f****ng harder!!!!!

P.S.S.......I Geeve!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alrighty - enough of that - okay.
Yes it is active, and yes I still intend to do somehting with the graphics. I do in fact hope to add a couple things - but - when it is completed.
there are a number of graphics that are giving me trouble. I do not know how to fix them as of yet. I will give them a go (again) later in december.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember one thing: they'rre all doing this on their own free time, and honestly there's no basis for acting like you're entitled to this translation. Patience is key with all these translations, and incessantly posting about how you want it now isn't going to change anything for the better. As has been stated many times before, repeated questions about release and insistence on needing it now can kill projects like this, and has killed them before.

Relax, it'll be out in due time. Just be patient and let these kind folks work on it when they can at their own pace.

As Miyamoto said, "A delayed game is good eventually. A bad game is bad forever." In the same way, delayed translations are great eventually, but releasing a badly-made rushed translation is bad forever. Which would you rather have: a well-done finely-polished translation that gives love to the source material, or something crappy just to appease the impatient entitled folks who just want something now?

Guyviroth

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I've been following this for a long while and I just wanted to say how much I and the rest of the people here appreciate all that you are doing.

Though I must ask; the front page says 0% story translation, but is that still the case or has some of it been translated?

VanitasTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.kh-fever.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Though I must ask; the front page says 0% story translation, but is that still the case or has some of it been translated?

Don't even try ... Those guys are sensitive when it's about this topic, they just don't want to answer this question, don't know why. Other people are trying to get this information the whole time, but still nothing. Just wait, even if the danger comes up that you could miss their release.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about I sit around and ask you guys the same question everyday in a pm for a couple months and see how long it takes for you to crack?
Look at it in a wider perspective other than your own self-centered ones and you'll have the answer to why the team doesn't release updates like a daily newspaper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1