Digimon Story Lost Evolution Project

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by MagusZero, Mar 24, 2011.

1. rastsan

rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard,

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    かいにきたお
    うリにきたんだお purchase
    もうかえるお go home
    そうびひん equipment
    しょうひアイテム (Consumable Items)
    ファームグッズ Farm goods
    バグプレート Bug plate
    もとる back
    the rest from 2886.

That writing is used throughout the game for many things. A little annoying, but is actually used.

2. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States
    Ah, then yeah, it is 買いに来た.
    かい is buy, うり is sell

3. rastsan

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    Now I can finish this (the images for those who can't be bothered to read previous posts), tonight and either test tonight or in the morning...

thankyou

4. MNOPYZ Strife

MNOPYZ Strife Actionscript Programmer

Nov 17, 2011
    Libya
    A World made of Numbers.
    Heh, by request the of Ice, here's what I was able to do with the title screen of Soul Silver B-)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

What I mean by that pic is that I'm able to hack title screens :P

And yugix, what do you mean by they "aren't text images"? Is a text image something like, typing the text, and it appearing all fancy like just like it does in the title screen?
    I'm not perfectly sure what you meant, but I'm able to hack images of any kind. The Top Screen is my evidence ;)
    I'm way better at hacking 2D images, since 3D images result in pixel fusions like that =/

1 person likes this.
  5. rastsan

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    As in not something the image editor has to edit. they are text based and already translated.

offtopic: Are you planning on editing the bottom screen so its something other than the blown up thingy...?

6. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    As Rastsan said, they are text-based not images. I edited them already and show some screenshots here about them.
    But since this has come to 44 pages, they are lost in the middle of it.

[​IMG]

@[member='rastsan'],
    Did Magus replied to your message? So that we can start the new topic.

7. rastsan

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    just start it yugix, they haven't responded. I was hoping just to update the first post with patch links and other info...
    but start a new thread...
    43 pages to read for the latest will be hard to go through.

8. gtuansdiammx

gtuansdiammx Gundam

Mar 15, 2011
    United States
    you guys are releasing the patch soon?

9. MNOPYZ Strife

MNOPYZ Strife Actionscript Programmer

Nov 17, 2011
    Libya
    A World made of Numbers.
    Too bad, I guess there's nothing I can help with, huh? :(

And Ratsan, since you're so curious, yes, I'm obviously gonna change that...uh..."blown up thingy"...It's gonna be a 3D model of a running lucario :) If you wanna see the details of my hack or anything, just click the link in my signiture. PS: This is NOT me advertizing for my thread. I don't even post in it anymore, although I'll be back hacking at june :) I can't wait! :lol:

I wish your hack the best of luck! :lol: ...by the way, aren't you planning on editing the top screen to make it say "Digimon Story: Lost Evolution"?...

10. You-End

You-End Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    USA
    How is the project coming alone so far? Been awhile since I've been on. So what's the progress in %?

11. Takeshi55

Takeshi55 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2010
    Where is the new topic? I can't seem to find it.

12. DigiTak

DigiTak Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    Bacon
    There is no new topic yet, they're deciding if they should make one. Plus when are you guys gonna release this patch I'm totally hyped for it.

13. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    United Kingdom
    London
    Dont you think that there would be alot of hype if people knew the awnser to that?
    If you cant see a post that says 'YAY PATCH DONE' or something like that, its not done yet.
    When patch done, patch will be released along with info on it.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  14. retsubty2

retsubty2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    Not to randomly butt in, but the うりにきたお/other phrases with the お at the end seem to basically just be a particular character's(perhaps) way of speech with お/O instead of よ/YO. It's clearly just the same as "Yo"

15. othman127

othman127 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2012
    Canada
    this is a bit late but....i speak both Japanese and English fluently i can also read and write them properly....but if you guys still need help...im willing to help...like just copy and paste and giant block of text and tell me of what you know of the text so i can get an idea of how it goes. and i will translate it into english.

1 person likes this.
  16. suaqua

suaqua Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2010
    United States
    can you work on the story text? i think i posted a link a page back or so (i know there is a link on page 16)

17. othman127

othman127 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2012
    Canada
    i know im asking alot here....but like what parts of the story have actually been completed and what parts still need to be done... because i dont want to translate something that has already been translated..so instead if i had a specific block of text i would know what to translate. i hope that with my help we can get this game ready and atleast a patch for the public soon enough.

18. deneric

deneric Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2011
    United States
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKPt1YYG&key=0AqZ47ASRmOnjdDgzZ1VqQnpLb0QxcWtQaXNWS0Zid3c&hl=en_US&authkey=CKPt1YYG#gid=0

19. rastsan

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    Looks like I gotta ask for another save file for this. I would prefer to have from an actual flashcart. So If anyone has one that is near the end of the game could you please upload it and post a link here.

So far four images to fix, after insertion. Note game does not work with Normatt's arm9 in no$gba. Ideas it seems to be fine, desmune seems to have a problem (slow and crashes).

NO PATCH TO RELEASE YET.

1 person likes this.
  20. retsubty2

retsubty2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    I just looked at the google document script thing. A lot of it looks like it's been Google translated and is really quite bad. Would you like me to work on some of it as well?

Edit: Ah I see, just some parts are bad

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted