ROM Hack Digimon Story Lost Evolution Project

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
already sent Magus a p.m. asking him to update the first post. Yugix will handle starting the new thread (they said they would)...

@Stanscheler - not the same thing as saying that you are going to do a german translation. So out of curiosity why can't you wait?

Well i saw the trailed of Digimon Re Digitize and now i wana play some digimon games xD
Googled a little and saw Lost Evolution and again googeled English Translation and found it.

And no i am not gonna translate it to German.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
make sure to grab both the pakeditor and the pak manager. You are going to need the pakmanager for the graphics. I can tell you that trying to match up the palete files to the right graphics will take you at least a month of dedicated time. You will need both versions as the first one sometimes leaves a little bit of an extra header on the files and the second will correctly output the files the first one didn't.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
if you are actually going to translate maybe. As I don't trust your motives yet.
For now if you are going to translate to german, than yes you will need to translate form japanese. That and going form whatever english translation that has been done here could actually cause you more problems. That whole one meaning in one language and a completely different one in another language thing is something you would have to take into consideration.
Having an english one to work with might be helpful but it would be better to do the first round with japanese to german. for sure the images would need to be done from japanese to german as I have no intention of trying to organize this mess of image work I have and uploading it for you... I could give you a general idea about which files you would need to look into but that is it.

@yugix Please do not forget about the text in the overlay files. (just wifi connection stuff...) I cannot remember if I saw text in the arm9. Nor have I yet to go though the audio, as it should probably be looked into too...

so will you need me to post the wifi stuff or will you look into it yourself?

MNOPYZ Strife

Actionscript Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Please do not forget about the text in the overlay files. (just wifi connection stuff...) I cannot remember if I saw text in the arm9. Nor have I yet to go though the audio, as it should probably be looked into too...

...Wait...Huh?! Ratsan, you know how to hack ARM and Overlay files?!

...And what's this about seeing text in overlay and arm files? last time I looked into ARM and Overlay files all I saw was a whole lot of writing that made no sence at all.

I'm gonna try to learn how to hack ARM and overlay files after I come back to hacking after about 6 months, again, I wish you guys luck.

BTW, Great job Ratsan :)

I'll check in again after a few days, maybe the weekend, cya! :lol:

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
file61ncbr
file_2513.ncgr
リペアリングしゅういょう
could this be "detecting repairs"?

file_2886.ncgr
かいにをたお
うリにきたんだお
もうかえるお
そうびひん
しょうひアイテム (Consumable Items)
ファームグッズ Farm goods (skip)
バグプレート Bug plate (skip)
もとる

1zc2w7k.jpg
I know its small but I really would appreciate help with this. Please.

bdwnc6.png

j81ut1.png

dr8jfk.jpg

w20z85.png

255pbx1.png

Aside from the credits screen these are all the graphics I have left to edit. I am desperate to get a translation and to get these done. Please if you know what these translate to reply to this post or p.m. me.

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can finally get to work on those images...
so all thats left is:

File_1022.ncgr
リペアリングのせっめいをみますか?

file_1811.NCGR
サいしんサポート

file61ncbr
file_2513.ncgr
リペアリングしゅういょう

file_2886.ncgr
かいにをたお

うリにきたんだお (purchase)
もうかえるお (Go home)
そうびひん (Equipment)
しょうひアイテム (consumable items)
ファームグッズ Farm goods
バグプレート bug plate
もとる (It should be もどる, which means return/cancel/go back)

plus some from the bg files.
I will need an opinion on the credits screen please?
I will need direction on the "arches"?

otherwise aside from the above image work i will only have 5 left to do. After that I will need a gamesave from later in the game to playtest and or may leave it for official testing later. As the images are bound to have some errors that cannot be caught until playtesting.

Thankyou yugix.
もとる

I got someone to translate these for me, so you could thank him.

I should have the rest by the end of the day.

Bluh! The moment I go back pages to find stuff that needs to be translated, it the moment you post an update. ;_;

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
82 = First Line: Condtion ??? (Can't read the Kanji)
Second Line: Performance/Result
Third Line: Remaining Time
Fourth Line: Timer Points
91 = First Line: Remaining Crystal Bags
Second Line: Remaining Wounds (May be HP?) ??? (Can't read the Kanji)
Third Line: Remaining Pate
Fourth Line: Remaining Yogore
96 = Execution condition
106 = Thank you for playing the Demo, Full version will be released in 2010. Please wait patiently.
108 = Please press the button, or wait/bare with it
109 = You came in a bad time, the bird naji something something, please help your fellow digimon (the text next to the a-button is "next" or "continue")

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1zc2w7k.jpg

It looks like ふかじょ:ょうけん
But I'm pretty sure that the last part is じょうけん (条件) which means "Conditions"
Sorry, I don't know what ふかじょ is.
If you can provide a screenshot in which this graphic appears, then maybe I can figure it out with context.

bdwnc6.png

テイマー評価 Tamer Evaluation
せいせき Results
のこりじかん Time Remaining
テイマーポイント Tamer Points

j81ut1.png

のこったクリスタルバグ Crystal Bags Remaining
のこったキズ Injuries Remaining
のこったパテ パテ Remaining (I don't know what パテ is)
のこったヨゴレ Stains Remaining

dr8jfk.jpg

体験版をあそんでくれて
ありがとう!
2010年発売予定!!
たのしみにまっててね!
Thank you for playing
this demo!
On sale in 2010!!
Look forward to it!

w20z85.png

ボタンをおすか、がめんにタッチしてね!
Press a button, or tap the screen!

255pbx1.png

ワルいテイマーが シハイしている
ナゾの島 サウスブリッジで
ついらくしたデジシップを みつけ
なかまのデジモンを たすけだせ!

A つぎへ

On the mysterious island of
South Bridge, ruled by evil Tamers,
find the crashed Digi-Ship and
help your Digimon friends!

A: Next

You can rearrange the sentence above so that it flows better.
You can say a lot in one Japanese sentence, but when translating into English sometimes you have to break the sentence into 2-3 English sentences to make it sound good.

Reactions: 1 person

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. I'm useless with kanji, but have gotten pretty good at figuring out katakana from looking through magazine scans and summaries of upcoming episodes.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
which leaves just this...

file_2886.ncgr
かいにをたお
file61ncbr
file_2513.ncgr
リペアリングしゅういょう
could this be "detecting repairs"? as i see repairing the last part I don't really get...

file_175.ncgr.BMP じゅんび OK
file_2987.ncgr.BMP たんけんたいほうこく

looks like I will leave that demo screen alone, sorry to bug you about it.

tamer points(value?)
and tamer points, doesn't make sense to put the same thing on the screen in two different spots. those two characters have had me stumped for a year. well as it is a menu screen there must be something it leads to. It'll feel good to have those done this weekend.
edit one more time I think I will let someone else re-arrange that sentence. I am having a bad mysnomic day.
edit forgot to say thankyou again... sorry rushed off to work on the graphics.
thanks...

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
and tamer points, doesn't make sense to put the same thing on the screen in two different spots. those two characters have had me stumped for a year. well as it is a menu screen there must be something it leads to. It'll feel good to have those done this weekend.
評価 is "Evaluation." See my edited translation above.

suaqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The story still needs more translation if anyone is willing to help. dont use google translate to try to fill things in it doesnt work but if you speak some japanese feel free to fill in what you can. we are using the original japanese digimon names not the dub names as of right now (tailmon not gatomon etc). thanks to all of you who decide to help :)

This is the link to the story translation

Takeshi55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1zc2w7k.jpg

It looks like ふかじょ:ょうけん
But I'm pretty sure that the last part is じょうけん (条件) which means "Conditions"
Sorry, I don't know what ふかじょ is.
If you can provide a screenshot in which this graphic appears, then maybe I can figure it out with context.

bdwnc6.png

テイマー評価 Tamer Evaluation
せいせき Results
のこりじかん Time Remaining
テイマーポイント Tamer Points

j81ut1.png

のこったクリスタルバグ Crystal Bags Remaining
のこったキズ Injuries Remaining
のこったパテ パテ Remaining (I don't know what パテ is)
のこったヨゴレ Stains Remaining

dr8jfk.jpg

体験版をあそんでくれて
ありがとう!
2010年発売予定!!
たのしみにまっててね!
Thank you for playing
this demo!
On sale in 2010!!
Look forward to it!

w20z85.png

ボタンをおすか、がめんにタッチしてね!
Press a button, or tap the screen!

255pbx1.png

ワルいテイマーが シハイしている
ナゾの島 サウスブリッジで
ついらくしたデジシップを みつけ
なかまのデジモンを たすけだせ!

A つぎへ

On the mysterious island of
South Bridge, ruled by evil Tamers,
find the crashed Digi-Ship and
help your Digimon friends!

A: Next

You can rearrange the sentence above so that it flows better.
You can say a lot in one Japanese sentence, but when translating into English sometimes you have to break the sentence into 2-3 English sentences to make it sound good.
Excuse me, but these have already been translated! >: (
I won't let you take that victory from me, you thief.

96 = Execution condition
106 = Thank you for playing the Demo, Full version will be released in 2010. Please wait patiently.
109 = You came in a bad time, the bird naji something something, please help your fellow digimon (the text next to the a-button is "next" or "continue")

I did this HOURS before you did!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but these have already been translated! >: (
I won't let you take that victory from me, you thief.
[title:Densetsu said:]At first I thought you were just being facetious, but then I got that rude PM from you telling me to back off.

[title:Densetsu said:]You can't read the kanji for 評価? Well, I can, and it means "Evaluation." And テイマー means "tamer," not "timer." Big difference. You just decided to go with "timer" because "eh, why not, close enough, right?"

[title:Densetsu said:]キズ is "wound" or "injury." So you got it right, but you weren't sure so I confirmed it. And "yogore" actually has a meaning. It means "stain."

96 = Execution condition
[title:Densetsu said:]How did you get "execution" from ふかじょ? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm just curious because I honestly don't know what ふかじょ means. And I didn't want to just make something up, especially if I don't have context for it.

[title:Densetsu said:]No. The second part says "がめんにタッチしてね" which means "touch the screen." 画面 (gamen), not 我慢 (gaman).

[title:Densetsu said:]WTF?! :wtf:

The whole first part before "please help your fellow digimon" is ALL wrong.

And "something something?" Really?! You want credit for that? Be my guest. I don't understand why you'd be so mad at me for providing a better translation than "something something." U mad, bro?

I did this HOURS before you did!
[title:Densetsu said:]And that you did, Takeshi55. That you did. Congratulations. You get a cookie and a pat on the head.
You said you can't read the kanji in some of them, so I translated them. The difference between you and me is that I'm careful with my translations. If I don't know what something means, I make sure to let people know so that someone who does know can provide context like TMS1 did when I said I didn't know what テイマー meant. I don't just make shit up like you did.

They can use your translations for all I care. It doesn't really make a difference to me :rolleyes: If they want to use "something something" in the patch, that's fine. You really want all the credit, don't you? All 15 or so lines of translation that you did? Sure, you can have that "victory," as you put it.

@rastsan, please use Takeshi55's translations, not mine, because he's throwing a tantrum. It took me less than 5 minutes to translate those images, I don't need to be credited for something so small.

*EDIT*
@Takeshi55: If you hadn't sent me such a dickish PM, I wouldn't have made such a big deal pointing out all the errors of your translations. Hell, if you'd been nice, I might have even apologized. It was never my intention to steal your thunder, but rather just to help out. Anyone who's ever spoken with me on this forum knows that I'm a nice guy. But if you're full of bullshit or you're a dick to me, I can be a dick right back.

Reactions: 8 people

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
honestly I am just happy to have it translated. which since this seems to be a group effort thank you ALL.
I still have these left: If someone could please kindly take a look.

file_2886.ncgr
かいにをたお
file61ncbr
file_2513.ncgr
リペアリングしゅういょう
could this be "detecting repairs"? as i see repairing the last part I don't really get...

file_175.ncgr.BMP じゅんび OK
file_2987.ncgr.BMP たんけんたいほうこく

[font="'MS PGothic"]I have already done 3 of those images translated. I honestly was hoping to be in the testing phase of the graphics by saturday of this week. [/font]
[font="'MS PGothic"]well I'll see if I can find 96 in the debugger... hopefully it is just one of those images that just doesn't get used (I think from the quality that it may not actually be used). the other images around it are like that too... programmer notes... so I have a feeling its not that big a deal. [/font]

[font="'MS PGothic"]@Densetsu Are you sure? As you have ehlped with other images for this project. About 25 or so I think. [/font]

[font="'MS PGothic"]sigh...[/font]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi