Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

J_BYYX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Decrypt it using Iso_tool on psp.
For iso editing i suggest you to use WQSG UMD as you don't have to rebuild iso each time (just open iso in your psp and edit it). Saves time a lot.

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
Temporary settled for a Font we are going to use on the Menu Titles.

By trying to stick close to the Original and yet making it readable, I came up with this

selectepisode.png

hmm.. the text menu translation is better to start than graphics/images at my point of view..

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm.. the text menu translation is better to start than graphics/images at my point of view..

Finished already the text menu long ago. As I SAID this is NOT representing the current progress.

Also: I don't really care for your point of view. Produce one screenshot without any typos and mistakes at least for a change.

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
Finished already the text menu long ago. As I SAID this is NOT representing the current progress.

Also: I don't really care for your point of view. Produce one screenshot without any typos and mistakes at least for a change.

i don't like the way you talk...
text menu already finish. why you haven't release it are keeping it just like digimon redigitize well i don't care..

Reactions: kal_

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

If you don't care about HIS point of view it's like you don't care about what all of us think am I wrong?
Try not to be so offensive.
i don't like the way you talk...
text menu already finish. why you haven't release it are keeping it just like digimon redigitize well i don't care..
They want to make something good :)

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
because xhai, it's not about releasing a patch at every word you've changed, but you'll clearly see the difference when the times comes.

Bro i know the difference . "my skill is limited"
I'm happy when you finish your translation . when the times come?
I'm not competing with your work i do it because i have a reason for my brother and to me also to others who want to..

i respect other people if you some have comment or opinion say it in good manner..

Viris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I decrypted the eboot, I have translated some parts. And I put the eboot modified UMDGen, but when I try to start the game on the psp comes a black screen and after a few seconds restarts and exits written not start the game

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'll have to agree with xhai in something: the translation team is being kinda rude. There's no point about discussing anymore what has already been discussed (limited skills vs pro skills), and some people may like or not like what xhai, liberta and the others are doing, but I think that one shouldn't insult their work. I've already said that I'm grateful that the translation team is puting their time in this game, but that doesn't justify undervaluing other people's work.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
but that doesn't justify undervaluing other people's work.
Xhai made a remark about the text not being translated while romsstar clarified that he only put the graphics as a test, romsstar got pissed off and answered An eye for an eye.

Viris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked it using only the decrypted Eboot.bin, I replaced it using WQSG_UMD and it worked without any issue.
I think you may did something wrong while translating the text in Eboot.

how did you translated? I I opened the eboot decrypted with mad edit I put the characters windows-japan and I put text mode instead of hexadecimal

where I went wrong??

Thanks in advance

Ps: there is no way to extract the text so as not to edit them with a hex editor?

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
how did you translated? I I opened the eboot decrypted with mad edit I put the characters windows-japan and I put text mode instead of hexadecimal

where I went wrong??

Thanks in advance

Ps: there is no way to extract the text so as not to edit them with a hex editor?

If you're from the UK bro, try using proper grammar.
You'll need to use ISO_Tool on the actual PSP to decrypt the Eboot.bin file.

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
Great news!.. the image files where basically gim can someone direct me the exact location of battle menu and menu images the id no..

the process for inserting the images is basically 50 to 60% "10% for luck" it depend also how the images where modified
image editing is beyond my skills the only image editor i know is maxtram..

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

where I went wrong??

Thanks in advance

try using xhai's patch and then just paste ur stuff (edited code) over xai's eboot and cpk. that's what i did.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

where I went wrong??

Thanks in advance

The first thing is that you can't translate these things without checking the size, pointers and other things. To make it simple, if you want to translate a text with 10 characters (e.g. 10 kana), you can replace them with 20 Ascii characters (And if it has a pointer to each text, you must either change the pointer value as you change it or fill it with 20 character exactly). This is a simple explanation and it may be harder to do it in some cases.

About the text, if you had programming skills, you may be able to code an application that will do all this work. KazoWAR is trying to do it, but I don't think he will create one for Eboot.bin text.

ZackNeji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I trying to translate to spanish, but I need some special characters. So anyone can tell me what is the file (IDXXXXX) that have the image of characters for add them?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

kal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great news!.. the image files where basically gim can someone direct me the exact location of battle menu and menu images the id no..

the process for inserting the images is basically 50 to 60% "10% for luck" it depend also how the images where modified
image editing is beyond my skills the only image editor i know is maxtram..
I can flatten the PSDs to PNG if you want them. I know your using the Japanese terms, so I'll change Digivolve to 'Evolve', and I see from your screenshot that you're using 'Tech.' instead of Skill. Are there any other terms you need to stay consistent?

I've got them as Digivolve (L), Strategy (R), Attack (centre), Guard (up), Item (left), Run (down), Skill (right).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto