Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
I can flatten the PSDs to PNG if you want them. I know your using the Japanese terms, so I'll change Digivolve to 'Evolve', and I see from your screenshot that you're using 'Tech.' instead of Skill. Are there any other terms you need to stay consistent?

I've got them as Digivolve (L), Strategy (R), Attack (centre), Guard (up), Item (left), Run (down), Skill (right).

PSDs photoshop extension... do you change the extension name.. the only thing i know to insert it is thru .gim
can you give the exact id no where you get it so i can dig the files as gim..
you can use madoka tool for conversion gim to png then after modification return to gim then send it to me...

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I managed to create a PMF from a cutscene with modified sound (redub). I'll repack everything and see if it works. If it does, then I'll tell how I did it (I've already told most part in page 17 I think, but I'll copy paste it and add the new thing... of course, only if it works)

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to create a PMF from a cutscene with modified sound (redub). I'll repack everything and see if it works. If it does, then I'll tell how I did it (I've already told most part in page 17 I think, but I'll copy paste it and add the new thing... of course, only if it works)

that's great..

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting Bit of Trivia:
As I was going through the list of attacks, I found some attacks belonging to Partner Digimon not native to Season 1. For e.g. Megalo Spark (WarGrowlmon) and Beat Scratch (Armadillomon)

Hmm Maybe they were thinking of putting those other Digimon in for the Post Game Dungeon. Not just the Leaders' Digimon and their Mega forms

kal_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PSDs photoshop extension... do you change the extension name.. the only thing i know to insert it is thru .gim
can you give the exact id no where you get it so i can dig the files as gim..
you can use madoka tool for conversion gim to png then after modification return to gim then send it to me...
Ewinko mentioned earlier that they were in IDs 44,45,46,47,48,49 and 50; I haven't checked this though. (Also that's only seven, but there's eight buttons as 'Attack' as a hover). I just ripped them with Gitmo and found them as PNGs. Not sure how you'd convert them back to gim, but I meant I can give you them as PNGs so they're in a universal format which you can actually view/convert. A PSD is only really a Photoshop project, which I provided incase anyone needed to translate/reword the blanks themselves.

I've attached them as PNGs (I did Tech./Skill and Evolve/Digivolve), with text and blanks incase they're needed.

Attachments

• png_with_text.zip
    58 KB · Views: 349
  • blanks.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 364

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
zOMG! IT WORKED! I can't believe it worked!! I managed to redub a cutscene and the intro to another language!! (latinoamerican spanish, but obviously this can be done with any language you want) :D . Really, I can't believe it worked, I'm just a noob who can search stuff on google and managed to "mod" a PSP game ((this little thing may not sound like too much for a lot of people, but to me it does because I don't even know how to use a hex editor)).The video itself was a little bit more pixelated, but I'm sure that if I configure a little bit more the settings it will look as good as the original. However, now I only know how to redub the cutscenes but not the actual "gameplay", and I suppose that would be different because those won't be PMF files, but those will be another kind of extension with an AT3 sound (it would be as simple as replacing the AT3 sound with another one, but then the difficult part would be to repack everything into that unknown extension file).

Ok, I'll proceed to explain how to redub the cutscenes:

1) Once you get the ISO, extract it with UltraISO or UMDGen (I recommend UMDGen and you'll gonna have to use it at the end, so I give you the download link here )

2) Download CriPackedFileMaker (from here ). Start the program and drag the file named "FILEDATA.cpk" (which is in the \PSP_GAME\USRDIR folder). Now extract the cpk (you may want to create a new folder so that it extracts there). You'll have a lot of files without extension, and all of them are "ID" followed by a number. In this case we'll pay attention to the ones which are cutscenes. Which ones?, Look at the first page of the thread to find out; the cutscenes are PMF files. From now on, you should choose which cutscene to redub and focus on that one (so I recommend you to copy that cutscene into a separate folder)

3) Download http://tinyurl.com/p5ne9ff and start it. The program is pretty self-explanatory. You will select your cutscene and the program will "extract it". As a result you'll get an AVI file and a AT3 file. Ignore the AT3 file, we'll focus on the AVI file (the AVI file doesn't have sound).

4) Now, this is one of the important parts: the actual "redub". You'll need:
*video editor. I used Sony Vegas.
*the mp3 audio of the digimon episode in the language you want (just search that episode in youtube and download it in mp3 format; you don't even need a program for that, just google "youtube to mp3" and you'll get thousands of pages that will let you do that).

Open your video editor and drag the AVI file into it. It doesn't work? It displays some error?. Download Oxelon Media converter or some other video converter (I just put that one because it's freeware and very good), and convert the AVI into MP4.

Now "do the magic", do the redub. How?, simple: cut pieces of audio to sync the cutscene (there may be some little differences in lenght between the anime and the cutscene, but somehow try to make it fit the better possible). I won't explain you how to use a video editor, search in youtube for knowing the very basics. In case of Sony Vegas, in order to cut pieces of audio, you've gotta press "S" and it will split, now you should drag that piece of audio and see if it fits the context. You can also help yourself by having the digimon anime in a different window, so you can compare the differences and try to see how to make the best edition possible. The MUSIC of the final result may result a little bit awkward, depending on the cutscene, because you're focusing on the voices not on the music (There ARE ways to "mute" the music (you'd need another program) but it lowers the voice quality so it's really not worth it).
Be sure to play each part more than 1 time, so you can really notice if it's synched or not. Once you're done with syncing each part, play the whole thing to see if you like it. If you do, then it's time to render it. Render it as MP3. Yes, MP3, the video was just a visual help, you just want the audio. In fact, if you converted the AVI to MP4 (so that the video editor can recognize it), now you should delete the MP4 because it won't be useful anymore.

5) I divided this section in parts:

a) Convert the AVI extracted file to AVI (yes, kinda ilogical, but it's necessary) using Oxelon Converter. Convert the MP3 file you created to wav, also by Oxelon Converter.
b) You'll need to get Umd Stream Composer which is a part of UMD Tools. I can't give you the link to UMD Tools, you'll have to search it yourself. Start UMD Stream Composer and click "new", and in "clip name" and "project name" you should put the name of the ID file, just to keep track of everything, or something that relates to the cutscene (in other words, put whatever you want, but it's recommended to be organised if you'll want to redub all the cutscenes). Click next. In "max clip size" you should increase the value up to a little bit more that the original ID file was, for example, let's say that the ID file was 3MB, then you should put 4MB or something like that (Although I suppose that you can just put a high number and it'll also work, I'm not 100% sure). And select the box that says "PSP Movie format (for game) ", that's VERY important! . Now click finish
c) Drag the converted AVI to "video 1" and the wav to "Audio 1". Now click "Encode+Multiplex" and click start.
d) Now you should have a MPS file somewhere. Where?, I think it depends. In my case it was
Code:
C:\Users\Name of the user\Documents\UmdStreamComposer\MuxWork\Folder named after your project
But I think that in some cases the directory can be other. If you can't find your MPS file do this: click "start" and in "search program and files" write ".mps" . If in the results it appears something that was named after your project and ends in mps, then right click that file and "open file location".
e) Now you should download "MPS to PMF" converter. I'm not sure if I can't give you that link either, so you'll have to google it. Once you have it, copy and paste the .MPS file into the folder where all the "MPS to PMF" is. And now click "Run me to convert.bat". You should get a PMF video file which will appear in the same "MPS to PMF" directory.

6) Okay!! Now you've got the PMF video file! Time to repack everything. Make a backup of the folder in which you've got all the ID files, and a backup of the Digimon Adventure ISO. Now, rename the PMF file to the correspondent ID+number, and no extension at the end. Cut and paste that into the folder which contains all the ID files (it will ask you if you wanna replace the files: YES). Now open CriPackedFileMaker and click the icon at the right ("Open Base Directory for CPK File Packaging") and browse till you find your folder which contains the ID files. Now click "Build CPK file" and put exactly these settings:
AAAAAAAASDSDSDSD.png

and click "Start to Build". When it's done you should have a new CPK file. Rename it "FILEDATA.CPK"

7) Ok, now it's time to replace the old cpk file with the new one. How to do that? If you still don't have it, download UMDGen (which you can get from here ). Start UMDGen and select the Digimon Adventure ISO. Inside UMDGen go to the USRDIR folder where the old CPK file is, right click on the CPK file and delete it. Now drag the new one onto that folder. Now click "Save" and you'll have the new ISO. Congratulations, now put that thing into your PSP to see if it worked!

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice Job!!! Congrats on Your Victory. You should try uploading a video sample of the replaced dub. It'll be nice to see how the altered tracks compare to the originals.

Reactions: SuperSZ

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nice Job!!! Congrats on Your Victory. You should try uploading a video sample of the replaced dub. It'll be nice to see how the altered tracks compare to the originals.

I can upload a video sample another day (now it's a little bit late here). I redubbed the first cutscene + intro into latinoamerican spanish, and it was good, but there is a part of the cutscene in which Tai says something but in the anime he doesn't (by context I'd say that he probably says something like "Is everyone alright?" ((after the Digivices fell to the snow)) ) so in that part I left it blank; however I'm sure that he says something like "is everyone alright?" in some other episode, but I didn't search enough :P .

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do whatever you want guys, butt he moment I see a patch with English Dub flying around, I will make sure the responsible person sees the lawsuit of his life.

PS: You are disgracing everything the Romhacking Community stands for.

Viris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do whatever you want guys, butt he moment I see a patch with English Dub flying around, I will make sure the responsible person sees the lawsuit of his life.

Who are you talking to?

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

You are mean.
What's your problem? If anyone wants to release something he will release it he won't ask you to do it.

Do your "pro" job and let us be.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States

Rom.... calm the fuck down dude. Undubs/Redubs/Fandubs happen all the damn time. No one is making a profit off of this nor will we ever see it stateside (See, THE PSP IS DEAD EVERYWHERE BUT JAPAN). I don't know why you're so up in arms about it.

Also the Romhacking community stands for exactly that sort of thing. Undubs, redubs, translations, menu patches, etc. We're not a community dedicated to ONLY "glorious Nippon" or anything like that. We do what we want because we can and we've learned how to.

Also KazoWAR, you're the same KazoWAR from the Pokemon English patches a while back right?

Reactions: Liberta

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Rom.... calm the fuck down dude. Undubs/Redubs/Fandubs happen all the damn time. No one is making a profit off of this nor will we ever see it stateside (See, THE PSP IS DEAD EVERYWHERE BUT JAPAN). I don't know why you're so up in arms about it.

Also the Romhacking community stands for exactly that sort of thing. Undubs, redubs, translations, menu patches, etc. We're not a community dedicated to ONLY "glorious Nippon" or anything like that. We do what we want because we can and we've learned how to.

Also KazoWAR, you're the same KazoWAR from the Pokemon English patches a while back right?
I totally agree with you :)
I think a mod should come and check this thread I don't want any fights.
Umm and yes he is KazoWar he has done several pokemon hacks :D

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Undubs != Redub.

An undub uses material that is already there and thus such patches are legal.

A redub on the other hand uses licensed material and as such is illegal. It has nothing to do with Nippon.

Is is about staying on legal grounds.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Undubs != Redub.
An undub uses material that is already there and thus such patches are legal.
A redub on the other hand uses licensed material and as such is illegal. It has nothing to do with Nippon.
Is is about staying on legal grounds.

Bro... what you're doing RIGHT NOW (the translation patch) is a HUGE legal gray area and can easily be stricken down by a court of law in my country.
Should a company catch wind of what you're doing and find reason to say that your patch is causing them a loss of sales (Because they can just download a patched ISO that someone else uploaded with YOUR patch on it) then you're fucked because you made the patch and are responsible for it's content. Fan translations as a whole are legal gray areas of loop holes and what-if's. You REALLY can't be using that argument given our situation.

Now if this was something a little more set in stone like porting content from game X to game Y, then you'd have an argument. However given our community and what it does, will do, and has been doing, this is nothing new nor should you bother getting into a huff over it. Now IF he gets found out and someone comes after him, whatever. That's his problem. No skin off your bones.
He ain't hurting anyone, he ain't stealing anyone's sales, he don't want no trouble.

Also, not all Redubs are licensed material. Fandubs are technically redubs too.
Lastly, we're not technically the "Rom Hacking" community. Since we don't mess with ROMs. We mess with Game Images, so we should be the PSP Translation Community.

Reactions: SuperSZ and Liberta

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bro... what you're doing RIGHT NOW (the translation patch) is a HUGE legal gray area and can easily be stricken down by a court of law in my country.
Should a company catch wind of what you're doing and find reason to say that your patch is causing them a loss of sales (Because they can just download a patched ISO that someone else uploaded with YOUR patch on it) then you're fucked because you made the patch and are responsible for it's content. Fan translations as a whole are legal gray areas of loop holes and what-if's. You REALLY can't be using that argument given our situation.

Now if this was something a little more set in stone like porting content from game X to game Y, then you'd have an argument. However given our community and what it does, will do, and has been doing, this is nothing new nor should you bother getting into a huff over it. Now IF he gets found out and someone comes after him, whatever. That's his problem. No skin off your bones.
He ain't hurting anyone, he ain't stealing anyone's sales, he don't want no trouble.

Also, not all Redubs are licensed material. Fandubs are technically redubs too.
Lastly, we're not technically the "Rom Hacking" community. Since we don't mess with ROMs. We mess with Game Images, so we should be the PSP Translation Community.

No, actually even according to US laws, if someone uses my material (which is deravative work and as such I hold the rights on the work I uploaded)
I can file a lawsuit against the person that uploaded the patched ISO. I'm responsible for the content of the patch, that is right, but as long as I don't used licensed material, there is
no content in there I can be sued for.

In any case, your country. In my country it is different. There are different laws applying for Translations here.
If I was in the US I wouldn't be doing any patch at all...

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
No, actually even according to US laws, if someone uses my material (which is deravative work and as such I hold the rights on the work I uploaded)
I can file a lawsuit against the person that uploaded the patched ISO. I'm responsible for the content of the patch, that is right, but as long as I don't used licensed material, there is
no content in there I can be sued for.

In any case, your country. In my country it is different. There are different laws applying for Translations here.
If I was in the US I wouldn't be doing any patch at all...

Actually dude, when you buy the games there's usually an agreement in the handbook which states that you are not allowed to modify the software in anyway. You own a license to said software and not the actual code. So yes, you can still get fucked over because of the modified code.

Also, you want to get someone sued in the US because of their fun work. That takes a lot of cynicism and hatred.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse