Hacking Digimon Adventure [PSP]

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ok just checking. I heard a lot about hex editing and re pointing, so i was just wondering. I made my own tool i was going yo upload if it you were hex editing. guess you guys are good.

Hi Kazo, did you found the structure for ID03519 and go on (these too have texts and I tried to find the structure but couldn't).

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We ARE on-topic. Or would you prefer not to talk about the legality or ilegality of these things, so then everyone uploads their stuff and GBATemp gets in trouble, people gets sued or even go to jail?. Plus: if in previous pages the thread didn't get closed because of all the "fighting" between some users and the translation team, you wouldn't close it now for discusing something important, would you? (I am not challenging you, I just thought it would be important to discuss this stuff, that's all)
But we're straying from the original topic which is Digimon Adventure on the PSP, NOT arguing the legal ins and out of hacking/patching/dubbing games in general. You wanna talk about another subject start another thread.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well I am currently Re-Translating the Menu I found a way to deal with the pointers :) (Well It wasn't actually me)
The Item and Skill progress is still the same :)

Well about releasing a patch I won't give any release date as I am re translating some things :)

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Last legality thing: Did no one pay attention to the "You're buying a license to the software and aren't actually allowed to modify the code" part of what I said? Things as simple as a translation patch could be considered to be taking profits from the original company because X company could say that people are downloading your patch because it's easier than buying the game.
Also you'll probably get a C/D order before any sort of lawsuit/legal action is REALLY taken as many companies know it's not worth the effort nor money and it REALLY doesn't make them look that great to give people jail time over a patch for a single player game.

On Topic: Roxas, you should totally release your tool. Or at least fill me in on what it does. Does it just check the MagicNumber of each file and assign an extension? Does it dig through each for chains of JP text and extract them similar to the Madoka tools for .btx files? I gotta know man! I have other CPK's with the same formatting!

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also you'll probably get a C/D order before any sort of lawsuit/legal action is REALLY taken as many companies know it's not worth the effort nor money and it REALLY doesn't make them look that great to give people jail time over a patch for a single player game.

Can you name the last time anyone in the translation community got a legitimate cease and desist order?

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last legality thing: Did no one pay attention to the "You're buying a license to the software and aren't actually allowed to modify the code" part of what I said? Things as simple as a translation patch could be considered to be taking profits from the original company because X company could say that people are downloading your patch because it's easier than buying the game.

On Topic: Roxas, you should totally release your tool. Or at least fill me in on what it does. Does it just check the MagicNumber of each file and assign an extension? Does it dig through each for chains of JP text and extract them similar to the Madoka tools for .btx files? I gotta know man! I have other CPK's with the same formatting!
I'm not focusing on the CPK, i don't care if the files have no extension for now.. I already know what file i have to edit. And i have an editor for every type of file.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Can you name the last time anyone in the translation community got a legitimate cease and desist order?
No, I can not. I'm just saying before legal action is taken, like Romstar and StorMyu were suggesting, the person in question would PROBABLY get a C/D if said company did not approve of their actions. Be it Fandub, Fansub, Translation, Localiztion, Redub, whatever.

I'm not focusing on the CPK, i don't care if the files have no extension for now.. I already know what file i have to edit. And i have an editor for every type of file.
OK. So are you using the external TOC to open it up easily then and identify where things are? I gotta know man!

silverwolf689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a thing i'm interessed too, and, for now, i didn't find out anything.
As for the eboot, good luck guys, it's hard ;)

I started the story, but i cannot promise it will be finished. I was thinking to translate the special episodes and the movies with priority.

And i agree with StorMyu...
Nice. Good Call with the priority. I take it that you guys found a way to reduce the text width

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If someone discovers which ID file contains the audio files for the voices and songs (probably those will be in AT3 format), the extension of that ID file and how to unpack it and repack it (which software to use), it would be awesome if you can tell me here :). Before someone brings it back: yes, replacing songs or voices is as ilegal as redubing cutscenes, I just mention it right now so that there won't be any new discusions about legal stuff. ... but that doesn't stop anyone to tell How that modding could be done

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll just quote an earlier post:
ID03693
ID03703 to ID03742
ID03814
ID03826 to ID03840
An old version of the Dissidia modding suite can extract them but can't put them back.

Use this to convert them to wav so you can hear them:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6172

I found the opening theme in the first archive.

Am I right in guessing that the PMF videos have no sound, and these AT3s just play on top?

Going by that Youtube playlist posted above, in ID03693 we have:

1 - Butter-fly
2 - Aban

And the rest seem to be the original compositions.

ID03703 has 3 voices for Tai (I assume, since he says Agumon...)

You can convert them back to At3 using goldwave with the at3 codec, but they won't loop (no idea how to do that)

Again, you'd have to manually insert them into the packages.

Seems like a lot of work tbh, I don't think anyone cba to do anything with them :P

Reactions: SuperSZ

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'll just quote an earlier post:

You can convert them back to At3 using goldwave with the at3 codec, but they won't loop (no idea how to do that)

Again, you'd have to manually insert them into the packages.

Seems like a lot of work tbh, I don't think anyone cba to do anything with them :P

Thanks! yeah, I totally forgot about that previous post :P . I put the ID03693 file in the Music folder of my PSP so that the homebrew can convert it to mp3 but it doesn't work; the homebrew doesn't detect the file.
Also, if by inserting them into the packaging requires hex edition skills then I'm not the man for the job :P.

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will unfortunately :P They'd probably have to be either the same size or smaller (padded) otherwise you might have to change pointers/chunks, which is confusing enough sometimes.

It won't detect them in music, put them in video.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nope, still doesn't detect them. I put the file in music and video folders of the PSP memory stick but same result. Doesn't really matter anyways, as there is no chance that I could possibly do a songs/voices mod with my ultra limited skills.

I'm no pro, but I think that if someone decided to take the time to do this correctly, that person would create some kind of tool that would make the repackaging easier (instead of hex editing). I already know that's possible for text editing but not sure if in theory it's also possible with sound edition. Nobody from the translation team will even take a look at this for obvious (and already discussed) reasons, but maybe in the future someone else who knows about this stuff will do it.

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Weird, worked for me. Did you rename them to .at3? Put them in the video folder in the root of the memory stick?

Yeah it'll be painfully long and boring to do it all, that's partly why nobody will do it. As long as you can read the text it's not a problem tbh.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes I did that. Maybe it only works with some custom firmwares. I don't know, and now I don't care :P. I think I already did my part by providing instructions of something that shouldn't be done :P

ultima espio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we're done with that now, lets move on :P

The character talk sprites are really creepy out of game...

ExtractedTexture768_zpse0035056.png

They just add the eyes and mouth on later to save space. xD

Reactions: SuperSZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1