Did I really get a M3 Perfect?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by stefh, Feb 12, 2008.

Feb 12, 2008

Did I really get a M3 Perfect? by stefh at 1:37 PM (2,006 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. stefh
    OP

Newcomer stefh Member

Netherlands
    I ordered a M3 Perfect Mini SD for my Gameboy Micro from www.usbextremeshop.com

The M3 Perfect Mini SD are silver colored everywhere, but I received a transparent one?

Isn't the transparant one a different type? Like a previous model that doesn't support everything?

Help on this will be very appreciated.

EDIT: The Box shows the silver one and says m3 perfect.

I got this one: [​IMG]
    Which is, I believe, a M3 Pro instead of a M3 Perfect. Which only supports games up to 32Mbit, which is worthless. (Which I can't try yet, because I have to get a mini SD card/adapter.)

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I don't know, but Some companys do, do that. Like my Elink, mine doesn't look a thing like the pictures I have seen of it, but It works fine and is a real product.

3. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've never seen an M3 Professional miniSD, but just because of the text ont he label that says "mainly for NDS & NDS Lite" I would say that that is indeed most likely an M3 Pro. Shouldn't be hard to test that theory out, though. The M3 Pro line doesn't have onboard RAM for running GBA games, so test it with some larger GBA ROMs and see if it works.

...word is bondage...

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Actually it does have RAM, but only 32 Mbits (4 Mbytes) of it. You're right though, testing a GBA game larger than 4 MB will determine if it's a Pro or not.

5. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    The price you paid for it could be a good hint too. If you paid 30-40$, it's most probably a pro.

6. philthy

Member philthy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does this sit flush in a GB Micro?

7. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Edit

Oopsy daisies!

8. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well...RHS has both the Perfect and Pro in a transparent casing. I guess you won't know until you try it. The Perfect on the RHS site is $72, and the Pro is $46.

If it's a Pro, just send it back. Tell them that's not what you wanted. Or email them now and ask them if they sent you a Pro.

EDIT: Also, I don't even see the Pro shown on usbextreme's site.