stefh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ordered a M3 Perfect Mini SD for my Gameboy Micro from www.usbextremeshop.com

The M3 Perfect Mini SD are silver colored everywhere, but I received a transparent one?

Isn't the transparant one a different type? Like a previous model that doesn't support everything?

Help on this will be very appreciated.

EDIT: The Box shows the silver one and says m3 perfect.

I got this one:
M3MiniPro.JPG

Which is, I believe, a M3 Pro instead of a M3 Perfect. Which only supports games up to 32Mbit, which is worthless. (Which I can't try yet, because I have to get a mini SD card/adapter.)

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen an M3 Professional miniSD, but just because of the text ont he label that says "mainly for NDS & NDS Lite" I would say that that is indeed most likely an M3 Pro. Shouldn't be hard to test that theory out, though. The M3 Pro line doesn't have onboard RAM for running GBA games, so test it with some larger GBA ROMs and see if it works.

...word is bondage...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen an M3 Professional miniSD, but just because of the text ont he label that says "mainly for NDS & NDS Lite" I would say that that is indeed most likely an M3 Pro. Shouldn't be hard to test that theory out, though. The M3 Pro line doesn't have onboard RAM for running GBA games, so test it with some larger GBA ROMs and see if it works.

...word is bondage...
Actually it does have RAM, but only 32 Mbits (4 Mbytes) of it. You're right though, testing a GBA game larger than 4 MB will determine if it's a Pro or not.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The price you paid for it could be a good hint too. If you paid 30-40$, it's most probably a pro.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...RHS has both the Perfect and Pro in a transparent casing. I guess you won't know until you try it. The Perfect on the RHS site is $72, and the Pro is $46.

If it's a Pro, just send it back. Tell them that's not what you wanted. Or email them now and ask them if they sent you a Pro.

EDIT: Also, I don't even see the Pro shown on usbextreme's site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-