OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The Homebrew Bounty is scheduled to end on May 31st at 12 midnight GMT. However, all projects which have been submitted by that deadline will be allowed 1 full week to make additional updates. This should provide enough time to put that extra bit of shine on your project, catch that last bug, or make that big coding change.

Please keep your first post updated with change logs and files.

Here is the front page news about this decision: http://gbatemp.net/t294624-homebrew-bounty...d-till-may-31st

Please discuss here if you have any comments,

-Another World

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think we'de better lock the forum instead of having to disqualify entries that edit past the date
tongue.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow like the idea of letting people be able to cheat and get disqualified better. But I have a feeling people will dispute with "I didn't know what time it was GMT.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
"

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frankly I'm a bit annoyed at this. I put in the extra effort to get my additions done before the original deadline, only to find my competitors have been given a whole extra week for free. Seems a bit silly to set a "deadline" and then say that it's only for submitting new entries, not project updates.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
locking this entire section on the 6th is probably a good idea.

tueidj: your competitors AND YOU have an extra week, honestly i thought this news would thrill you not upset you. i think you would agree that most of the projects are near complete and if you read the threads a few of them have bugs which are inhibiting performance. all projects must be submitted by the 31st, so this isn't like the bounty has had a week added onto it. that extra week is just for fixing bugs and touching up projects. we are offering all developers a grace period before judging starts to put their best foot forward.

-another world

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I realize it's only an extension for bug fixing. But I'm still peeved that the original deadline (set way back in March) was declared final and you even made a stickied post reminding people that it was approaching, so I put in the hard work to get my project updated and finished. I don't need another week, I planned ahead to hit the original deadline as it was set out in the rules. Now you've decided to change those rules and give everyone an extra week to finish up - how is that fair to those of us who were already properly prepared?

QUOTE said:
all projects which have been submitted by that deadline will be allowed 1 full week to make additional updates.
Where I come from a full week is 7 days, not 6. This looks really odd guys, was the contest extended for some reason you're not telling us?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
it was posted early enough.
if you're finished now (before the deadline) then you're early
smile.gif

this is a competition from your point of view but the overall purpose is to trigger interest in homebrew development and see the birth of interesting projects.
our decision completely respects that logic and goes toward our general goal.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
we have talked about this and we will probably lock the forum from new entries but not lock the current threads. that way developers can still post updates for 1 week but no new files will sneak in.

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
I realize it's only an extension for bug fixing. But I'm still peeved that the original deadline (set way back in March) was declared final and you even made a stickied post reminding people that it was approaching, so I put in the hard work to get my project updated and finished. I don't need another week, I planned ahead to hit the original deadline as it was set out in the rules. Now you've decided to change those rules and give everyone an extra week to finish up - how is that fair to those of us who were already properly prepared?
Don't write these kind of stuff dude. Your showing a bad image of yourself to these guys, and they might get a little biased when they grade you. Instead what you have to do is suck up to them
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.