Hacking CycloDsi Pics !! fresh from china!

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Pliskron said:
I don't hate the DSTWO but it's fallen far short of expectations. I'd keep it if they could at least get the GBA emu working without annoying frame skip. It looks like shit.

You're right about that and everybody here knows that.

Most people bought DSTwo because of the AP Bypass. Now Akaio can do that as well. Oh well..

There's nothing really left to explain the price difference. Emulation, OK. But I don't think that any Temper finished a single GBA game with his DSTwo. It's simply annoying.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
People, we don't know if this cart will have a CPU like the DSTwo. While it will open up DSi mode, we don't know if that even comes close to the processing power of the DSTwo (let alone surpassing it), and we know it's not as much RAM, so emulation might not be like it is.

Pliskron said:
I don't hate the DSTWO
I've never seen you speak positively of it.

If you speak nothing but negative about a product generally that's seen as a sign of you hating it.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tell you what I'd frigging love the thing if they'd take the time to get one feature working right but no they'd rather put out another half working emu than fix what they already have. There's a lot of unrealized potential in the DSTWO and I fear it's going to stay that way. So I's rather sell it and buy something tight, that has features that perform up to snuff. I seriously doubt TC would release an emu that runs at 10 or 15fps.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the guys a joke, he's spamming all over the forum about how much he hates the dstwo

now he says he don't..lol..get a life dude, no one cares

"the loudest person is also the dumbest"

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Way to go Cyclo team. Never thought the DSi would get cracked XD. I mean I knew it could but I didn't think anyone would bother due to the 3DS coming out soon.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've never used another flash card outside of CycloDS. For the past three years, I've bought quite a few of those cards, and for the most part, I've been satisfied. That being said, the past couple of months have seen a complete flake-out by Team Cyclops. There's that, and then there's the fact that 3DS will be out so soon. Match those two considerations alongside the fact that this new card will probably, once again, be priced well above the competition, and I just don't see it as being all that relevant. Honestly, all the effort and glitches in the system to get this thing to surface seem like a really bad trade-off to simply supporting the card that put them on the map. They've got roughly three months to do something with this, and I don't see it yielding returns for them or the community. To me, the DSi is about the equivalent of the Gameboy Micro, and that system signaled the death of the platform. Time to move on, not to tinker with yesterday's tech.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GeekyGuy said:
Well, I've never used another flash card outside of CycloDS. For the past three years, I've bought quite a few of those cards, and for the most part, I've been satisfied. That being said, the past couple of months have seen a complete flake-out by Team Cyclops. There's that, and then there's the fact that 3DS will be out so soon. Match those two considerations alongside the fact that this new card will probably, once again, be priced well above the competition, and I just don't see it as being all that relevant. Honestly, all the effort and glitches in the system to get this thing to surface seem like a really bad trade-off to simply supporting the card that put them on the map. They've got roughly three months to do something with this, and I don't see it yielding returns for them or the community. To me, the DSi is about the equivalent of the Gameboy Micro, and that system signaled the death of the platform. Time to move on, not to tinker with yesterday's tech.

What's wrong with "tinker"ing with "yesterday's tech" ?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Way to go Cyclo team. Never thought the DSi would get cracked XD. I mean I knew it could but I didn't think anyone would bother due to the 3DS coming out soon.
Well keep in mind that they probably worked on this for a very long time (maybe even when the DSi was first released). All I can say is that if it took this long to crack the DSi, I fear for the possibility of 3DS hacking.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If DSI mode is truly cracked then that puts them one foot closer to being a first with a 3DS card.

It seems that the 3DS is a build on the DSI more so than the DSLite with DSIware (DSI shop channel), SD memory and more
processing power.

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to the benefits emulators and other homebrew can enjoy using DSi mode. In particular, I'm looking forward to an mp3 playing homebrew that accesses a 32gb full-size SDHC card (much cheaper than the microSD equivalents). And I'm sure they will get DSiWare cracked eventually, but in the meantime, who cares? Shantae is the only DSiWare game that looks like it's worth it, and I don't play platformers anyway, so it's not a problem for me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Jan1tor said:
If DSI mode is truly cracked then that puts them one foot closer to being a first with a 3DS card.

It seems that the 3DS is a build on the DSI more so than the DSLite with DSIware (DSI shop channel), SD memory and more
processing power.
What matters is the security, and it's not going to be built off the DSi.

retiredjerk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cyclo4.jpg

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
I think the DSTWO is kind of sucking. The eReader sucks, the movie player isn't that great, the emulators really suck. All SC has been able to do is throw a ton of half working carp at us. I fell kind of ripped off. I'll most likely sell my DSTWO for something that works. Oh yeah and I'll buy a 3DS too.

DSTWO has a Slot-1 GBA emulator that can play a large number of games from the GBA library. That alone, with my DSi, would make it worth getting. As for an eBook Reader and movie player, LOL. Seriously, who wants to watch a movie or read a book on a DS? As for other emulators, GB and NES are perfect as far as I know. For SNES emulation, we just have to wait and see if some more progress is made.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Exaltys said:
As for an eBook Reader and movie player, LOL. Seriously, who wants to watch a movie or read a book on a DS?
xD You are mocking the reason I use my DS -_-" (I also listen to music though).

Using it for watching movies just seems silly because of the screen. Ebooks seem silly because the screen is again really small. Music playing seems silly because a DS is pretty big.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i have time for that