How did this happen? Burn in from ~5 min of freeze time

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what I did to deserve this but today, I left my DSi XL open and frozen on a genesis game through picodrive just to make sure it wouldn't play, and I left it there for maybe five or so minutes, but I noticed when I picked it back up it already has burn in? I've left my DSi open plenty of times before and never ever had this happen... Why now?? There is no reversing burn in, right? I've attached a pic of the twilight top screen where you can easily see it...

I'm honestly kind of stunned. I feel so stupid, but at the same time, how could I have known, that this one time, it would happen? It was a nice screen w/o any yellowing too..

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 12

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know if it's burn-in or just sleeping pixels.
There are some great video's on YouTube to fix the latter one. But be aware, don't look at them if you're sensitive to flashing lights.
Here you are, but I don't know how to play video on dsi, some other temper can probably help you with that.

Reactions: Blythe93 and ichig0

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after I let rest for a while, things look normal, so, after all that, it was a false alarm. Knowing this, I feel a bit more sane.

Reactions: Blythe93

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It happened to me when I had my first PSP which after sitting in a store and checking almost all the psp's they had in store to look for one without dead pixels. After a long emulator session I had a lot sleeping pixels and the video helped my screen going back to normal ;).

So no problem, have fun gaming 😄

Reactions: Blythe93

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's just pixel retention/stuck pixels which aren't to be confused with dead pixels as those are usually a defect and aren't usually fixable. I suppose what happened with your console could happen in some circumstances but it's usually reversible unlike burn in which is only a thing on OLED and older CRT based displays. ;)

Reactions: ichig0

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You get bonus points for using ramza as a username. I really hope final fantasy tactics gets a remake soon. In the meantime just get a steamdeck. very good ds emulation.

• Love
Reactions: ichig0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto