Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So aside from watching anime, I've been spending the last week or two making a program that would in theory make my life easier. Normally one would have to flick around between image editor, audio editor, video editor Umd Stream Composer, mps to pmf converter, and a terminal for ffmpeg and the at3tool. I decided that it would be convenient if everything were at least in one place so I wouldn't have to keep fumbling around my folders for stuff.

It's made with Python and PyQt, so supposedly it is cross-platform, though I have come across some caveats while testing on Windows and Linux. On Windows, for whatever derpy reason, the PyQt build seems to have an issue with qwebview which was used for the preview window. This doesn't pose a huge problem if you are used to just using PSX2PSP, but my program is fukin fancy and automagically (using ffmpeg/at3tool) converts the icon1.pmf and snd0.at3 into some web-friendly formats so that both animation and audio can be previewed within the previewer. On Linux, the only real issue is that under GTK, it kind of looks like shit. Could be mitigated with a decent theme or something, but stock isn't pretty...I suppose another issue is that Umd Stream Composer doesn't work under linux with wine as far as I can tell, which sucks.

Some things of note:
- Since the previewer is literally a window with a webpage, if you view the webpage with your common browser, you can preview the animations and everything.
- Since the previewer is still a webpage, you can drag&drop your images from the previewer into your image editor directly and it won't shit itself.
- Since the previewer is a webpage, all of the images are "hardcoded" image locations, and because I didn't want to require imagemagick, I just made it so .png files should be used.
- Since PSX2PSP has a spiffy overlay thing that rounds the corners of the icon0 and adds a "shine", I replicated the overlay image and you can toggle on/off the overlay to preview with and without the fancy stuff.
- There is a "Save" button. Pretty much a "move all dem working files to output folder, zip it up, and make a screenshot" button for all the easy distributing.
- Pmf/At3 conversions are still proprietary, and so you need to use their respective programs (the at3tool.exe is nice because it's command line, so I could add it to my script)
- There isn't a download link at the moment because I'm not done ._. ...Really all I need to do is add what command to run when trying to convert with the at3tool under linux since I need to put the command into wine first.

preview01.png

preview02.png

preview03.png

preview04.png

preview05.png

- Edit -
http://filetrip.net/psp-downloads/customization/latest-ebootck-f33256.html
So I've posted up my amazing new program on filetrip. It requires python and PyQt as I said before, and I thought I would mention that since it is a python script primarily, there will be a cmd prompt that gets opened along with it (the output of ffmpeg and stuff will appear there, so it is sort of like a progress bar, just really big). The filetrip download contains both the at3tool.exe and umd stream composer even though it totally shouldn't, but since nobody is really making eboots anyways, I guess it doesn't really matter.

I have two other things planned that I want to add, but for the most part it's done.

- Edit -
jdbye suggests autofill if other files are detected on loading a file. Not a bad idea.

Last edited by jurassicplayer,

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There is a tick at the end of your at3 loop. You should be cutting it when both channels zero out or worst case, manually fade both of them out. It should go without saying that the beginning should also be zeroed.
38Znqad.png

Reactions: Hargrun

Yuu Ho

Author of Fighting Fantasy VII
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
jurassicplayer, I am almost going to build the new PSP games. Can you still help me convert the pmf files? I want to know if it works in 58second length of video?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to know if it works in 58second length of video?
The minimum allowed bitrate for video in UMD Stream Composer is 100kb/s aka ~12.5Kb/s. Just follow a generic formula to come up with a ballpark number (usually the actual number tends to be a little lower).

(audio duration in seconds)*(audio bitrate in kB/s) + (video duration in seconds)(video bitrate in kB/s) < 500kB

Ex. If you use a 15 second audio loop at 48kb/s and a 20 second video loop at 100kb/s:
(15s)*(6kB/s) + (20s)(12.5kB/s) = 250kB
This example should in theory, always be possible regardless of what video or audio sources you use.

So if it is just a 58 second video without audio, supposedly it would come out to around 725kB, which is way above the 500kB limit. Under 40 seconds is the absolute maximum length a video can have without audio and I really doubt anyone would be sitting there watching a 144x80px video for almost a full minute.

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Bro, found it... testing now.

Attachments

• Epix File Converter.rar
    13.6 KB · Views: 298

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just found that thing today, I let you know if works well...

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Jurassicplayer, I really give up and that software won't work... I really need your help on this: length video is 39sec. I need this pmf for the next FF7 games that I creating now...

Attachments

• help..rar
    898.1 KB · Views: 240

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Somehow you always end up with the most screwed up encodes. Your video is at 15 fps. Just because I say under 40 seconds is an absolute max doesn't mean to go with 39 seconds of video. Under overly fantastic ideal situations, you could possibly get to around 40 seconds. Under normal situations, you might as well work under the assumption that your video just isn't going to be perfect, and use the max bitrate in the formula. Anything between 36-39 seconds and you are probably pushing your luck and almost bound to go over the filesize limit. I grabbed a new source, remade the clip, converted it, found it over the filesize limit, cut even more out of it, and converted that instead.

Attachments

• icon1.zip
    374.8 KB · Views: 261

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Somehow you always end up with the most screwed up encodes. Your video is at 15 fps. Just because I say under 40 seconds is an absolute max doesn't mean to go with 39 seconds of video. Under overly fantastic ideal situations, you could possibly get to around 40 seconds. Under normal situations, you might as well work under the assumption that your video just isn't going to be perfect, and use the max bitrate in the formula. Anything between 36-39 seconds and you are probably pushing your luck and almost bound to go over the filesize limit. I grabbed a new source, remade the clip, converted it, found it over the filesize limit, cut even more out of it, and converted that instead.
BRO, THAT WAS AWESOME!!! :wtf:
You are right, but why no music at all??? I am so want the music... but how long for the pmf size and at3 size that able to make it loop?

Image1.png

Bro, let me know the best and how long is the pmf video length that can make the music smooth in loop, once this project FF7 is done, I will release the game with the complete eboot screen and you will be credit too!

Last edited by FAST6191,

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...audio loop :/ ...iunno you don't exactly have much space left to fit the size limit unless you make your video shorter. 6-7 seconds might fit at 64kbps otherwise you could maybe push it to below 10 seconds at 48kbps but I've never checked the quality at 48kbps so it could sound like shit.

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
it doesn't matter about quality, the most important is it works. i'll do less than 20sec. hope it works.

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
...audio loop :/ ...iunno you don't exactly have much space left to fit the size limit unless you make your video shorter. 6-7 seconds might fit at 64kbps otherwise you could maybe push it to below 10 seconds at 48kbps but I've never checked the quality at 48kbps so it could sound like shit.
Jurassicplayer, here is the files in 19sec. I hope it works...

Attachments

• icon.rar
    533.2 KB · Views: 222

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Included are 3 files. Once again, because the file you provided had the same issues as the last one, I had to look for the source video again, and remade the cuts, which apparently made it slightly longer since I cut them at frame changes. I'm not going to remake it, so you will have to live with it or learn how to make pmf files correctly without using such shitty encodes. In any case, that is the icon1.pmf. If you use this file, I would rather not be in the credits.

There are two other files included: snd0.at3 and icon1_altver.pmf
Both are from the source video with cuts I personally picked because of how much I disliked your video editing. If you use either of these, you can give me credit specifically for what you used (if you just use the pmf or the at3 or both).

Attachments

• icon.zip
    688.3 KB · Views: 245

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks, yeah.. but you must be credit because this pmf files isn't easy to make one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Included are 3 files. Once again, because the file you provided had the same issues as the last one, I had to look for the source video again, and remade the cuts, which apparently made it slightly longer since I cut them at frame changes. I'm not going to remake it, so you will have to live with it or learn how to make pmf files correctly without using such shitty encodes. In any case, that is the icon1.pmf. If you use this file, I would rather not be in the credits.

Both are from the source video with cuts I personally picked because of how much I disliked your video editing. If you use either of these, you can give me credit specifically for what you used (if you just use the pmf or the at3 or both).

Bro, my mistakes is that Vincent... it's look like repeat clip... my big mistakes... but I will definitely use your. The problem is that there's no Yuffie and Zack battle clip... and that ship... my game game doesn't have that ship either...-_-

If you want to make it a better clip for me, yes I want... the only thing I need is cloud, zack, cid, red13, Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, Vincent, Barret, and Sephiroth.
The character I do not want in the clip is Rufus, the turks, and Cait Sith's White Cute Creature.. because they are not in the Fighting Fantasy VII game.

If you can make it nicer, you and everyone will definitely like it.

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Maybe this might easy for you to convert it, the video size is 480x272, just 19 second...
seriously this is the last request, because the one you convert the vince is moving repeatly...

and the game is almost done to be release, the last hope is your pmf convertion...

Attachments

• icon request.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 236

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Bro, I just done the mod, the last thing I need is the icon and still pending for you... can you make it asap? look in the "staffroll.rar" is the proof that you're in, now I just need the icon.pmf that I request... I'd been waiting till now and no news about it...
vlcsnap-2015-09-06-22h11m26s290.png

Attachments

• staffroll.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 271

Yuu Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Can you please make a short pmf icon of this anime? I was about to finish making this Darkstalkers hombrew version... but the clip arrangement is in your desire. I need this for the psp so much and you'll be credited in the game as well. The title of the game for PSP will be Vampire Slayer Darkstalkers' return...:ohnoes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill