Custom PSX Eboots

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jurassicplayer, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jurassicplayer
    OP

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Welcome to the amazing revival of dead and useless frills that nobody ever gives a shit about. Since it is such a pain in the ass trying to have some beautiful eboots, I've decided to dump ones that I make into this thread. I'm also going to upload them onto filetrip...not the actual eboots, but the files.

- As of June, this thread is "dead-ish" -
    While I have no problem making custom eboots whenever I feel like it, apparently other people just don't feel like it. Thus the only times the thread is actually "alive" is after I make a couple of eboots or I update something myself.
    tl;dr Thread isn't dead, just really fucking slow.

- August -
    I've released a PyQt/Python tool for everyone to use. It's up on my github or on filetrip and it is pretty much a glorified Eboot creator hub that allows you to set where your executables are and preview stuff without really needing to go on your PSP.

Feel free to request if you are like me and just can't fucking stand having fugly shit on that PSP you never use.
    -Disclaimer-
    If you make a request, expect the speed of a rock, because I'm not just going to be making icons and backgrounds. That is lame. This is a thread for fucking beautiful eboots, and that means icon0, icon1, pic0, pic1, and looping snd0. I would include boot...but I don't even know how to get to that image on a psp.
    FAQs
    Requests
    Work in Progress
    Complete
    Curated by Arecaidian Fox

Last edited by jurassicplayer, Dec 2, 2015
  2. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Duuude, such a cool initiative! And I see your works are faaaaar better than mine.

I would like to make some requests... (I hope I'm not exceeding any limit.)

Azure Dreams / SLUS-00614
    Cuz this game never leaves my PSP.

Culdcept Expansion Plus / SLPM-86658
    It's quite playable with the translated cards info as the DOCUMENT.DAT, also 4 players in one PSP!

Digimon World / SLUS-01032
    With [USER]Romsstar[/USER] hacks coming (hopefully) somewhere in the future, I and many others will continue playing it forever.

Vandal Hearts II / SLUS-00940
    Dat battle system!

3. ceifadorx

ceifadorx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Brazil
  4. jurassicplayer
    OP

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    I also forgot to mention, but if a request ends up being not as great as you would hope, feel free to suggest an alternative to what you don't like. For example, if you hate my choice of song for Digimon World because I totally didn't pick the song that only plays when you play the curling minigame, you can suggest a different song and I'll try to make a loop for that instead and add it into the download.

Hargrun likes this.
  5. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    These seem pretty great, the digimon one could probably get a better background though, the game was great, but the CG's in the game were really crappy imho. x'D

Well then, I have requests for a few games which I love:

- Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (it has an english translation patch)
    - Beyond the Beyond
    - Thousand Arms

I'd be grateful if you made even just one of them. =O

6. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Thankz, [user]jurassicplayer[/user]! When you said "speed of a rock" I really thought I would only see an update months later. :lol:

Well, tbh in the Digimon World I just would change the music to the CG or battle theme. The rest is neat.

About Azure Dreams, I would like to recommend this artwork to use as BG or wathever: http://36.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m53vonLNFh1qd4q8ao1_1280.jpg

(It was basically what I did in the past. This as the BG and an crappy icon with sepia effect, since it's often seen in the game...)

7. Digital.One.Entity

Digital.One.Entity Banned

Banned
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Right Here
    Can I request :

Project Raiden
    Cyberbots
    Tomba 1 & 2
    G Darius

I'm in the Process of getting a new PC so when that comes in I'd be more than willing to help out with requests also :grog:

Hargrun likes this.
  8. darksweet

darksweet 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE

Mar 15, 2009
    dude a request this is hard to find:

Brave Fencer Musashi
    Alundra
    Legend Of Legaia

Thanks for the time men

9. dmace81

dmace81 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2008
    United States
    I made a few but they aren't that great. Chrono trigger, techno mage, dukes of hazard, Mr. Driller, ace combat 3, parrspa the rapper, Pepsi man, stahlfeder, ray tracers. Don't know if we can share them but I would if were allowed

10. jurassicplayer
    OP

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    If you believe they look good enough, I don't mind. If there are images or something I like, I'll take them and use them (saves me work).

I still might take forever. More or less it's just whatever game strikes my fancy at the time.
    Updated the Digimon World package to have TWO versions now. I realized I didn't like having the title screen and the CG background on the same screen. I also made a loop of a battle song (I picked the Machinedramon one because I thought it sounded k).

Using image.

Hargrun likes this.
  11. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Nice work, god i miss popsdb, dem was good times.

12. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Request:

Final Fantasy VII

13. darksweet

darksweet 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE

Mar 15, 2009
    thanks for the Musashi men :yaypsp:

14. jurassicplayer
    OP

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    So, I remade the loop for Legend of Dragoon (and I'm now satisfied with it) and since my last post, the new eboots are:
    - Azure Dreams
    - Brave Fencer Musashi
    - Legend of Legaia
    - Policenauts
    - Tales of Phantasia

Somehow it's actually surprisingly satisfying to browse through my PSX games now...only like a bazillion more to go.

15. Yuu Ho

Yuu Ho Author of Fighting Fantasy VII

Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
    Awesome, wish I can convert the PMF files...

16. ceifadorx

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Brazil
    thanks for those custom eboot i requested. it looks very professional.
    ok more games to requesting: metal gear solid, parasite eve 1 and 2 and Tear Ring Saga

17. jurassicplayer
    OP

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Unsurprisingly, there is actually a limit to the number of videos I can have per post (10 videos if anyone was wondering), and since I didn't actually make any reserved posts in the beginning (I would have had to make quite a few anyways), we can't have all the nice things. So instead, I just put a link to each video.

Added:
    - Legend of Legaia
    - Tomba!
    - Tomba! 2

I'm not sure what you mean by that line. Surely not convert pmf files back to actual videos because that would be terrible. I spend the time to cut down the videos and then resize them to 144x80, so trying to get them back would be a mess of ugly.

As for converting to pmf, you really should just need "UMD Stream Composer" which is part of a pack of leaked Sony UMD tools, but because of finicky bullshit the general consensus is to shove your video through virtualdubmod to get an .avi that almost definitely works with UMD stream composer. Other than that is that one MPS to PMF converter.
    This guide does a well enough job of explaining: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-make-a-icon1-pmf-for-savefiles.340440/

If you are separating the sound from the pmf, then just make sure to remember to set the audio tracks to 0 when you make your project. Probably the most important bit is to remember to change the encoding settings and reduce the bitrate and max bitrate. 100Kbps is the lowest you can go and honestly I think it gets the job done for these small resolution videos. Your bitrate and max bitrate can't be the same either (otherwise it complains), so you can go with 100/110 like me.

18. Yuu Ho

Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
    Thanks!!!

19. ceifadorx

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2013
    Brazil
    man you are fast. i requested tear ring saga and you already made it, by the way, it is very beautiful.
    requesting: koudelka

20. Yuu Ho

Apr 15, 2015
    Malaysia
    I hope you can make one of the pmf files for my Castlevania LCD Chronicles..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.