7th Dragon III Code: VFD Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ukee, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    System requirements: .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
    Download link: Here or the attached file at the bottom of this post
    Updated: 29/07/2016, Version 0.1

The editor was only tested on the full US version, I do not know if it'll work with other regions or the demo. Currently should be able to edit general stuffs, edit characters and your inventory.
    Make a backup of your save file if you do not want to risk breaking your game. This editor is still an experimental editor, not a fully tested editor.
    If you guys find any bugs with the editor, please report them to me.

Changelog

FAQs, probably.

Note: Probably frowned upon by the community, but I managed to crash the game through editing the save file, not sure if it's a viable exploit or anything though. PM me if anyone's interested in it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by ukee, Jul 29, 2016
    Ricken, oiie, Sinon and 3 others like this.
  2. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Can't wait to try this out later today. Thank you.

3. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    Thanks

Going to add class and character change next?

4. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    I did add both of those previously but the problem with those is, once you change classes, the skills stays the same as the first class you picked (when you made the character). And for character change, the game crashes on start for some reason.

5. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    Strange, alright thanks

6. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    Good to note: I used cheats before this program to give my team arbitrarily high XP and SP so they would go straight to level 99, but that results in an unhandled error "value must be between minimum and maximum" any time I try to load the character editor. Not a normal usage, so I don't know if you need to bother fixing it, but still worth knowing.

7. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    Is .bak is back up file ?

8. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    Ahh I see, I wasn't sure what the actual maximum EXP/SP was but they seem to be cap up to a certain point.
    I tried changing the maximum value, try the new editor.
    Here
    Yes the .bak file is the backup of your save file in case anything bad happens after editing.

9. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    I have wierd glitch.After I editing item,equip I got from treasure cheast random disappear and reappear in my bag when I change equip.Then medica I x0 appear in my bag even I don't edit it

10. kitsune7x

kitsune7x Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2016
    United States
    I have a random bug where in the character editor slot 8 is missing and slot 9 is a blank character. Is there a way for me to fix it? And ty for making this.

Last edited by kitsune7x, Jul 19, 2016
  11. Lakra

Lakra Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    Any chance of this working with Gateway saves in the future? I just tried it and it tells me it's an invalid save.

12. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    I might actually have to re-do the editor because of this to be honest, but I'm not sure when I can be done with it.
    I'm not sure how Gateway saves work since I've never had one, if you send me a copy of the save maybe I can look into it.

13. Princess Emily

Princess Emily Smiles innocently...

Aug 19, 2015
    Does this also work for the demo, yes? I have to try the demo first to see if this game is worth having.
    Kinda similar to Etrian Odyssey though, which I'm a fan of.

14. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    Just don't use it now,wait until he remake it.There are lot of random bug that messed up with your save

15. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    Not entirely sure how the save structure is for the demo but I doubt this save editor will work for it.

Also I'm not sure when I can finish the save editor since it's rather busy at work for me, I might be free to do it by the end of this week though, sorry.

16. Princess Emily

Aug 19, 2015
    It's ok even if you haven't finished the save editor yet, just let me know the offsets for those features/attributes such as skill points, weapon slots, money, etc.
    I even tried hacking my Etrian Odyssey Untold games weeks before even without any save editors available for those yet, I just used the good 'ole HxD hex editor to edit things like skill points & money hehe :P

UPDATE: Never mind, I've found it ^_^ ... https://gbatemp.net/threads/7th-dragon-iii-code-vfd-cheats.425961/

Last edited by Princess Emily, Jul 27, 2016
  17. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    I gonna try it too.But I really a noob about hex

18. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    Here's the offsets I used to make this editor, except these offsets only point to the first character but all the character's structure are essentially the same so you can use them regardless.

But then again this is for the full game, not sure how it is for the demo. Pretty sure the AZ and DZ are easy to find though, if they are in the demo that is..

Also, I updated the save editor and revamped the item editor, need people to test it though cause I didn't really have the time to test it in-game.

Attached Files:

19. Princess Emily

Aug 19, 2015
    Thanks again guys, the save editor also works for the demo files :)

20. ngtunganh

ngtunganh GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2015
    ok I'll test it to see if that glitch back or not