Hacking Custom MIOS rev02 and MenuPatcher v1.1 released!

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it to load through the disc channel using wiigator's cmios and softmii
no need for menu patcher (that is for me and others crazy enough to install softmii)

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything Worked Prefect for me, Now it Loads all my Original Saves and all my Multi Disc through the Disc Channel works Great, Everything is Good Here.

NSTC HERE

DehShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joesalad21 said:
nikeymikey said:
I'll b sticking with rev1 for now, tried rev2 and games that worked with rev1 no longer working!!
Everything just green screens for me with rev2. NTSC and PAL games on PAL console.

Yeah the same thing happens to me so I will also be sticking to rev1 for now.

Same thing here on an NTSC console

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the sounds of it, it sounds like this application needed MUCH more testing before being released...sorry, but 1% of users that it actually works for is HORRIBLE....what a complete waste.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
micahkanchan said:
Hmm, this didn't really help the games that didnt work for me. The games that didnt work with the original cMIOS (Starfox Adventures, Wave Race Blue Storm, 007 Everything Or Nothing, Pokemon Colosseum xD) still don't work. Wonder which ones they fixed. Meh, its still good, and I guess since it fixes the save issues I'll keep it. Good work Waninkoko.
while booting from the menu hold B on GC controller, then press Z to use patched mios this will get pokemon working, maybe more

shuggie69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a link for menu patcher 1.1 cant seem to get it off the spanish site
mad.gif
Thanks!!!

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
blitzer320 said:
no need for menu patcher (that is for me and others crazy enough to install softmii)

I have softmii installed!! Rev2 green screens everything except PAL games. I have a PAL console. I have tried all different video modes throught the rebooter (B Button).

Im wanting that Menupatcher 1.1 link too Damn wish i could read spanish LOL

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Sunshine loads my original save file now, which is cool, but almost every other game I've tried gives me a green screen when loading it up.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kilgoretraut said:
kedest said:
Getting MenuPatcher to work with preloader would be cool. That would mean running both Wii and GC backups from disc channel directly.

This already works. Softmii + Mios patcher

but that's so overcomplicated. it patches all IOS files
Running menupatcher through preloader is a nice and clean solution.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
blitzer320 said:

I have softmii installed!! Rev2 green screens everything except PAL games. I have a PAL console. I have tried all different video modes throught the rebooter (B Button).

Im wanting that Menupatcher 1.1 link too Damn wish i could read spanish LOL
Likewise everything just greenscreened for me too. I had to go back to Wiigator's mios.

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Waninkoko's cmios rev2 and tried booting up my store bought copy of Metroid Prime 2 through Wiigators loader. The weird thing was that it gave me a DVD read error 345 and then proceeded to load the game anyway. Also it recognized and loaded my save game just fine.

I tried a couple of confirmed non working backups and haven't found any that became playable.

The handful of previously working multi-game discs loaded fine. So i haven't noticed any changes besides the "official save support".

Forgot to add that I'm using a NTSC-US Wii 3.2u firmware with Starfall. I don't have any other software installed on my Wii other than cios rev7 or whatever the last cios that came with gamma was.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have nothing but green screens here. I load all of my games through the disk channel since I have this with cIOSCORP. I guess I'm either going back to rev01 or going with Wiigator's cMIOS.

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
I'll b sticking with rev1 for now, tried rev2 and games that worked with rev1 no longer working!!
Everything just green screens for me with rev2. NTSC and PAL games on PAL console.

You are correct with rev2 i get green screens on some games but the only problem with v1 is it wont load multiiso games..

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello i have installed mios rev2 because Resident Evil Zero was freezing and now the game cannot detect my save files.
What the problem ? Do i have to play again from the beginning or install back the mios8 from wiigator ?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
adr990 said:
Good job,
And so fast GC via Disc Channel via Menu patcher...
ohmy.gif

If the source is out, we just need to install preloader and find the hack line code for it to do it without restarting via the menu patcher all the time...
biggrin.gif

(Though I have a mod chip
tongue.gif
)
kedest said:
kilgoretraut said:
kedest said:
Getting MenuPatcher to work with preloader would be cool. That would mean running both Wii and GC backups from disc channel directly.

This already works. Softmii + Mios patcher

but that's so overcomplicated. it patches all IOS files
Running menupatcher through preloader is a nice and clean solution.
QUOTE(shuggie69 @ Feb 12 2009, 09:36 AM)
Anyone have a link for menu patcher 1.1 cant seem to get it off the spanish site
mad.gif
Thanks!!!

I have mirrored the .dol and source here.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4829

Indeed i hope we can use the patches in the source with preloader hacks.ini
They should be found in sysmenu_patches.c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc