Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

Peniskoker

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Two questions:
A) i have EUR Wii u but some USA games on Loadiine. Will this cause trouble?

B) which ds game is free now for able to work ?

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing worked, not even the icons. I have a rednand, but i used a sysnand fw.img :\
Then it must be your IP is wrong or you didn't start fw.img on the wii u.
Could you please explain to me what you mean by this in detail? I've read several pages of this thread, but I don't really get it. So my fw.img has been created using the sources from github.com/dimok789. Is this wrong? All I want to do is instead of booting my (currently perfectly fine working) rednand image via visiting the website, I'd like to have it appear as a channel / link after the Wii U booted up. It doesn't matter if this link opens Homebrew Launcher or starts rednand directly.
So do I have to replace my existing fw.img with something else before I can execute your installation script?
Thanks!
To install haxchi on sysnand (not rednand) you will need a sysnand cfw, you can put your current rednand fw.img to SD:/rednand/fw.img.
Download a sysnand fw.img and put it on the root of SD card, now launch CFW booter and make sure your game is working on sysnand.
Check if your game is on USB or NAND. Then run the script.
Default configuration of haxchi is :
A : fw.img (direct boot, it will not use CFWbooter)
B : rednand/fw.img
Default : HBL
You can edit this configuration during the script so you can set rednand/fw.img by default :)
Two questions:
A) i have EUR Wii u but some USA games on Loadiine. Will this cause trouble?
B) which ds game is free now for able to work ?
A) This has nothing to do with Loadiine, everything will be the same.
B) For me Kawashima : brain age was free, I guess its the only one.

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using Rednand on a us console and Brain age as the ds game, confirmed that my wii u ip address is correctly set and all other stuff too, but the conection to wii u is failing. This is what is shown:

Sem título.png

Some advise?

Last edited by Rodrigo Mafra,

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Rednand on a us console and Brain age as the ds game, confirmed that my wii u ip address is correctly set and all other stuff too, but the conection to wii u is failing. This is what is shown:

Some advise?
Can you double-check your IP ?
Also if you want to install shortcut on sysnand, remember to use sysnand fw.img (not rednand) and your game has to be playable from sysnand.

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you double-check your IP ?
Also if you want to install shortcut on sysnand, remember to use sysnand fw.img (not rednand) and your game has to be playable from sysnand.
I have the game on both nands, I'v tried both fw to red and sys, it failed the same way in any case, and I'v checked my ip 12345609876 times...kkk

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Which version of python are you using ?
Python 3.5, I'v recompiled iosu and now I can conect to wii u but the isntaller close imediately after I press enter to begin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which version of python are you using ?

This is the error I'm getting

Sem título.png

bob808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So right now I have a working rednand. I also have a number of titles installed on USB that work in sysnand.

If I install haxchi am I right in thinking this will let me boot from off and launch a title from system menu with working dlc as right now the dlc won't work unless I use rednand or boot with a custom fw image?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Finally did some haxchi work again today, now its using devkitppc r28 which makes for smaller files and I've added support for 6 new games, adding up to 16 games by now!
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/tag/v1.8
One thing I would like to mention, it is entirely possible that zelda spirit tracks is already compatible with this, somebody has to test that though by uploading the super mario 64 ds zip file into their game and tell me if it works, if it actually does then that brings us up to 17 games total.
edit: spirit tracks now is also part of the v1.8 release, so now it actually does support 17 games.
Just in time for the Kirby Mass Attack sale on eShop =p

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So right now I have a working rednand. I also have a number of titles installed on USB that work in sysnand.

If I install haxchi am I right in thinking this will let me boot from off and launch a title from system menu with working dlc as right now the dlc won't work unless I use rednand or boot with a custom fw image?
Haxchi will allow you to access the homebrew channel (and any homebrew + fw.img) right as the console booted up by injecting a modified nds.rom into a legitly purchased VCNDS game, meaning once you install this you no longer need to use the browser exploit. Ever again.

Last edited by Spearel18,

stompysan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed this for Kirby Mass Attack, but each time I do, it is prompting that "There is an error in the software's data". The icon shows up properly, as well as display the name properly. Any ideas?

EDIT: Tried reinstalling three times in total. Just constantly get the "There is an error in the software's data". Tried on sysnand and USB, and I am just not able to get it working.

EDIT2: Long story short, I am an idiot. I made my own screen image, and I guess I screwed something up. After using the stock image, it booted fine. Does anyone have the requirements of the image?

Last edited by stompysan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.