Hacking Please help with USB Loader GX and hdd detection

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I ran the entire ModMii but it never asked me for my MAC. I got my mac right here in a window though because I had to add it to my MAC filter list on my router.
Did you select discless exploit? It can't not ask you for your MAC address... That's the way the exploit work :blink:

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't ask for that either lol seriously, how hard is it to run a dos window. It might be something you need for 4.3 and not 4.1 *shrugs*

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
exactly !
4.3 need MAC address, 4.1 use another exploit.
it uses bannerbomb instead of letterbomb.

to trigger the exploit on 4.1, you go to Data Management > Channels > SD Card.

like I said, 4.3 only adds fixes for old exploits.
it's easier to softmod 4.1

follow the guide that modmii is generating for you. It will match the option you selected.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Didn't ask for that either lol seriously, how hard is it to run a dos window. It might be something you need for 4.3 and not 4.1 *shrugs*
It could be, but then again, when you select discless exploit you haven't even selected your desired system menu. SO the app wouldn't "know" if you want or need the discless exploit.
Are you sure you ran the latest version I gave you?

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok in 6.3.1

1) Modwizard and guide
2) Softmodding first time?
3) Current system
4) Region
5) New System
6) Install crappy wii channels?
7) Custom Theme
8) USB Loader?
etc.

No discless etc.

Edit: And sure but it's hard for Cyan to fall in if it's just the 2 of us unless we post new updates here or whatever.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It means even HBC didn't detect your HDD.
don't you have any other hard drive to test?

I'm wondering why the full channel is working.
it has the same HDD init code than the HBC version.
the only difference is that the channel is reloading IOS58 first, while HBC already has IOS58 loaded.
But the forwarder is also reloading to IOS58 first, and it still doesn't work so it doesn't make sense.

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I think my HBC is a bit screwed up as well, it's having trouble with keeping an internet connection as well.
I have several HDD's but all of them are in use and/or full hehe.

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well you can move them to another thread if you want to prevent polution of this thread, just check in on it every now and then :P

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I missed the thread moving, my bad.

Ok so how do I get this thing region free because it doesn't start a thing. My TV supports every region because I used to play NTSC all the time so that shouldn't be a problem.

Next to that, what could cause the HDD to fail to load so often, it's fairly annoying, didn't have that in the channel.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have re-read the whole thread but doesn't find a proper syscheck log and don't know what ios you are running on HBC. Don't know if HBC 1.1.2 will insist on ios58 - earlier versions don't.
post an up to date syscheck log (link in Cyan's signature) would clarify a lot of things.
If HBC is running on ios 58 but can't detect your hdd, then it must be something peculiar to your loader channel and it would be great to find out why and how.

If you have other HDDs, all you need is a FAT32/NTFS partition and a few G of empty space enough to hold just one Wii game and test it.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think to ask, but OP, do you have a network cable plugged in to the drive's Ethernet port? My enclosure is an old Ximeta NDAS one and it works fine on my Wii, but it has very unexpected behavior when you connect it to a network as well. (It was not intended to use both USB and NDAS connections at the same time.)

TheMadHatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No ofcourse not, that will most likely cause firmware to switch the ethernet port to become primary and would either screw up or totaly ignore the USB bus connection hehe.
This HDD is just collecting dust in a box of old stuff. It has thus far been too small (500GB) for me to find any use for it but it's a great size for WII/GC backups etc. :)

Ok, so far things only got worse since the rehack (4.1 but new ios wads from modmii).
Ok, it SOMETIMES detects the HDD in the latest version of the forwarder/GX but IF it does (after 50 resets where it does not, and/or hangs) but then 90% of the NTSC-U/J games give me a black screen on start even when forcing PAL60 but whats even worse is that my 3.0c channel which DID work without any problems stopped working as well! So there goes my fallback for wii games...
I even tried to go from v8 to beta 10 on nase 56/57 slot 249/250 but that didn't improve things either.
I tried rolling back to v6 to make the 3.0c channel work again but that didn't work either so another IOS must be messing with that because it did work before.

I fixed the GC load error though, the HDD was set to logical instead of primary. Not that I actually got one to boot, it just hung and restarted GX but thats a problem for later concern.

I tried CFG loader as well, same issue, can't detect HDD.

What I did find out is that if HBC doesnt detect the HDD (greyed out HDD option) it does detect it when I turn it off and back on again (black and selectable HDD option)... This rarely works for the forwarder.

Thats the story so far.... It CAN detect the HDD so it's not like its incompatible because then it doesnt work AT ALL... *shrugs* really need help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended