Hacking Custom MIOS rev02 and MenuPatcher v1.1 released!

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
JoeyGennaro said:
RockmanForte said:
Nice but no thanks. I will stick with Wiigator version until for the next Wiigator version.
smile.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself - this thing stinks. It has no improved compatibility, is more of a nuisance and green screens games that previously worked before...real nice job.
Have you got a link to the JoeyGennaro GC Backup Launcher? No? GTFOH!

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
waninkoko said:
I'll need a betatester for today to fix this green screen problem. None of my betatesters have experienced this problem so I'll to have to find what the hell is happening :S
i also have it with 1 game so if you need someone with plenty of time and can code a litle pm me
tongue.gif

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
I'll need a betatester for today to fix this green screen problem. None of my betatesters have experienced this problem so I'll to have to find what the hell is happening :S
I'm getting that problem with all my games, so I can help you no prob.
I have lot's of free time too

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
waninkoko said:

another thing...
can you update menupatcher so it is compatible with preloader installed (and also being able to be started as preloader's autoboot) ?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm game! Wii info in sig. I have both cMIOS_Installer w RVL-mios-v8. Tried on a multi disc of One Piece [NTSC] wiigators work. cMIOS_v0.1-Installer gives me a GCOS screen. Can't get a game to show or launch. v0.2 gives me a green screen.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kedest said:
waninkoko said:

another thing...
can you update menupatcher so it is compatible with preloader installed (and also being able to be started as preloader's autoboot) ?
man it works with preloader 0.28 here i use it myself :/ only autobooting from preloader doesnt work
tongue.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nicksasa said:
man it works with preloader 0.28 here i use it myself :/ only autobooting from preloader doesnt work
tongue.gif

And Autobooting is exactly what we need
smile.gif
! Or a Preloader comaptible hacks.ini
biggrin.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
nicksasa said:
kedest said:
waninkoko said:

another thing...
tongue.gif

I can't get it to run. The menupatcher screen appears, with that banner on top, and after that it crashes

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One Piece NO MORE GREEN SCREEN!

Edit: Still can not get Pal games to show up. Can hear them but can't see them LOL.

Edit Again: O.K. Call of Duty Finest Hour [PAL] works, but DBZB 1and 2 still all talk and no show.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
AsosaYoung said:
If I were to install MenuPatcher v1.1 and want to uninstall. Can't I just use my systemmenu wad to remove the patch.
Mhm? The Menupatcher isn't permanent. When you launch it, it patches the Menu. If you turn off the Wii, it's gone. You have to restart it, if you want it to use again.
blink.gif
!!! That's why I want it to work with Preloader...(Yeah, I can't say that enough
tongue.gif
).

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why I ask is because this morning I installed MenuPatcher v1.1 and cMIOS v0.3. Ran the patcher to patch the SM. Start checking GC games O.K, then inserted a Wii backup and my systemmenu would freeze with a disc in the Wii.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AsosaYoung said:
The reason why I ask is because this morning I installed MenuPatcher v1.1 and cMIOS v0.3. Ran the patcher to patch the SM. Start checking GC games O.K, then inserted a Wii backup and my systemmenu would freeze with a disc in the Wii.

You don't install menupatcher, you just run it. It only patches on the fly, in memory. After powering off, it's gone.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again great job Waninkoko and thank you !!!
As i said (because i'm a Resident Evil great fan) the first save of Wiigator are not compatible with the system and Resident Evil Zero was hanging in the telescop room.
After use of Waninkoko rev3, saving and hex comparing the saves, i've managed to change my save file (the one with WiiGator first GCloader) and make it good for Waninkoko and Gamecube system (regular cgi). It was in the first bytes and in the name of the file: copy saves with the 2 systems and comparing then editing the bad one. Now my save before crash worked in Waninkoko.

But .... when i try passing the telescop room, a screen (the same as resident evil remake) says: "Open the tray and and change disc" (sorry it'a a translation because i'm french). The Wii feels that i put the disc out (if press quickly, the disc is going out but the Wii doesn't "feel" it but when pressing 2 or 3 seconds , the Wii "feel" it and says: "Now insert the Disc 2 and close the tray" (translation"). The Wii doesn't "feel" the insertion of the new Disc.

Then i try booting on Disc 2 (like Resident Evil remake, to pass through the change disc message) with my save (now fine with hex edit) just before the telescop room, a screen comes and says: "Open the tray and put the Disc 1", and all i can do is make the Wii "feel" that the disc is out but nothing happens when inserting: no blue light in tray and nothing else.

Voilà !

If anyone knows something to do : saves in another room (my save was in the hall of the mansion), wait for another rev, ..., please tell me.

I'm frustrated !!!!

Hope this post can help developpers because i'm a noob !!!

Sorry this is a double post because i don't know in what thread i have to post this.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New try with Resident Evil Zero : i was loading by the Backup loader gamma, then i have tried to load directly by the disc channel, same issue.
When i was loading by Backup gamma, keeping B on the GC pad and press Z to patch Mios, the result was i can ear sound but the screen stays black. Now, when trying to boot by the disc channel, keeping B on the GC pad and press Z on the loader 1.1 screen, the boot is OK and the Wii now 'feels" that i eject the disc and change it but it says "Disc reading error Please refer to Gamecube Manual Instructions" (translation of french).
A step is done.
Maybe waiting the next rev is the most serious attempt to continue playing this great game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY