Hacking Custom MIOS rev02 and MenuPatcher v1.1 released!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Here is the compatibility info for menu patcher or for other programs that patch menu.

Here is/was the problems

1. You can't do ios reload from the program autobooted through preloader. The only working way I've experimented with making the thing a channel and booting this from the autoboot dol.

2. Preloader changes the system menu dol's place so existing programs should be modified to find the system menu dol in the replaced file. Existing programs find the system menu dol using title meta data which now points to the preloader's dol. No way to access it using ES_OpenContent, ES_ReadContent blah blah calls.. So they either should use raw nand filesystem access (ISFS calls) or load the menu from sd card.

3. Also there is a slight nuisance when using menu patcher this way, some of the patches doesn't seem to be active and sd card access of the system menu somewhat fails...

All this information is for preloader 0.25, I haven't tested anything further..

watch the below video from 01:26, in that video menu patching is in effect, system menu loaded from sd card, there is a big delay in booting of the system menu.

So, the way to go is, convert all the patches to preloader static memory address patches.. and in a way do the ios reloading...

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle crashes with this new CMios...I'll stick to the old one
tongue.gif

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
played beyond good and evil, then installed v 2, and well, now it gives green screen, and so does my fave gc game, starfox assault , grr! OH WELL!

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried Majora's Mask and it still crashed when using the ocarina.

Also tried the save and it crashed when you used the ocarina.

Only thing that seemed kinda weird is I installed the rev02 and couldn't get the save file for Wanin to work, but when I tried the Wiigator save it worked. Is there really a difference between them? Could also be named wrong, like the file names got switched?

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made two multigame discs today.

1st one,

Cubivore (NTSC, Shrunk) - Works great
Eternal Darkness (NTSC) - Didn't work, tried all loading options, froze on the quote
StarFox Assault (NTSC, Shrunk) - Works great
Super Smash Bros Melee (NTSC, Shrunk) - Works great

2nd one,

Donkey Konga 3 (NTSC-J, Shrunk)
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat (NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Kart Double Dash!!(NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Party 4(NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Party 5(NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Party 6(NTSC, Shrunk)
Pikmin(NTSC, Shrunk)

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
smurphyzeke said:
Made two multigame discs today.

1st one,

Cubivore (NTSC, Shrunk) - Works great
Eternal Darkness (NTSC) - Didn't work, tried all loading options, froze on the quote
StarFox Assault (NTSC, Shrunk) - Works great
Super Smash Bros Melee (NTSC, Shrunk) - Works great

2nd one,

Donkey Konga 3 (NTSC-J, Shrunk)
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat (NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Kart Double Dash!!(NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Party 4(NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Party 5(NTSC, Shrunk)
Mario Party 6(NTSC, Shrunk)
Pikmin(NTSC, Shrunk)
were any of these games not working before?

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Nice but no thanks. I will stick with Wiigator version until for the next Wiigator version.
smile.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself - this thing stinks. It has no improved compatibility, is more of a nuisance and green screens games that previously worked before...real nice job.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
JoeyGennaro said:
RockmanForte said:
Nice but no thanks. I will stick with Wiigator version until for the next Wiigator version.
smile.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself - this thing stinks. It has no improved compatibility, is more of a nuisance and green screens games that previously worked before...real nice job.

If I am not wrong, wiigator's is open source.
Why don't you make a better one?

And the saves are working fine now, much better than before.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jytach said:
If I am not wrong, wiigator's is open source.
Why don't you make a better one?

And the saves are working fine now, much better than before.

LOL... You get what you pay for...
Seriously, it's not like WiiGator and Waninkoko are getting paid to spend god knows how much time with this. And then give it away for everyone to use.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
mornin!
...I tried few things yesterday,and seems that previously unworkin saves still dont save,just on few games,ff,ssx and star wars, but figured out that if your memory card is empty (I backuped and deleted all via GCMM) you can save with no problems,...later deleted save,tryed another game,restored this one back,let him be the only save and worked so if anyone has some trouble with saving maybe this will help... now that was good news but I had to get up this mornin and hit the job,now that was bad news ...

byyy
blink.gif

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
JoeyGennaro said:

What the f**k?
Buy and use originals without any problems ok?

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll need a betatester for today to fix this green screen problem. None of my betatesters have experienced this problem so I'll to have to find what the hell is happening :S

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
waninkoko said:
I'll need a betatester for today to fix this green screen problem. None of my betatesters have experienced this problem so I'll to have to find what the hell is happening :S
I definitely get the greenscreen problem, but I don't really have much time on my hands. If you can send something this morning, then I can test, otherwise I'm working tonight...

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ekolimits said:
you mean the green screen that flashes before a game is played? i got that and can help
I think he means the green screen that stays on the screen before no game is played and you have to get up and press the power button to restart your wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even