Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

kenshen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys how i am supposed to install it? I never used quadforce 0.1 so i have no clue :)
I installed the WAD but where needs the quadforce.bin needs to be placed?
Do i need to uninstall Dios Mios first?
I use NAND, no sneek or anything.
I also use Dios Mios Booter v30 but it could not find anything.
Thanks for help.

You already installed quadforce simple as installing wad to install games use discex put extracted game into the games folder on either an sd card or usb =you can use other loaders such as usbloader gx

Reactions: Fire-WSP

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Guys, I got it running but in AX after titlescreen the menu is running in absolute slow motion and then it crashes.
Do i need to format the SD in a special way or is this a faulty iso?

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Okay Guys, I got it running but in AX after titlescreen the menu is running in absolute slow motion and then it crashes.
Do i need to format the SD in a special way or is this a faulty iso?

same problem here.
i solved the problem of the lags by formatting the sd card to FAT with 64 kilobytes clusters.
but i have no solution for the crashes.. :(

funnyguy77

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@ sonictopfan and Ericss, as far as the announcer issue goes in MKGP2, if the next benchmark is reached it will enable arcade save card support. The save card support in MKGP2 actually lets you enable and disable the announcer every time you start the game. It has an option.... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gNeUNwuV1A0#t=14s

I believe crediars logic was to just disable it all together in the meantime, because plenty of people have complained about it in the past.

@Fire-WSP, CosmoCortney, and AndehX, you all seem to be having the same crash issue. My only piece of advice is to try the same copy of the game that waluigi and myself are using. It comes up as "virtuastriker2002" in the selection menu. Also I'm using fix94's "diosmiosbooter" if that helps anyone. good luck!

http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-booter/downloads/list

cheers

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's not much... but I'll be making (or have made) a small donation of 5.00EUR towards the next milestone to get 'card support' for both Mario Kart GP1 & 2 and F-Zero AX.

Also... it's my way of saying that i'm sorry for ever doubting him and showing some sort of respect for his work over the years with DIOS MIOS (Lite), SNEEK and other projects that he's done over the years with regards to the scene.

Edit: i need some sort of notification from crediar, once he's either received my donation or if there's any problems at all (I do have Twitter, if he wants to get in touch with me on there).

StarkNebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those who's game crashes, is it correct to say you are all using "SD" cards of about 1-2 GB? That's what I think. Do you have any "SDHC" cards? Anything 4GB+ should be okay. I get by with a SanDisk Class-4 8GB SDHC (15MB/S). I could be wrong, but I think that's the issue. Not to mention I formatted it with the tool they give you when you softmod your Wii. Formatting can never hurt.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4.3E emuNAND on a USB which has quadforce v2.0 installed and I'm curently having sound issues using FIX94's DM(L) Booter.

To be honest... I haven't really tested anything else at the moment, as i'm just testing it until I get a GameCube controller.

Edit: By the way... I'm happy to make another donation, once we've reached the next milestone.

StarkNebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried to set up cheats for Quadforce yet? Regular Ocarina through USB Loader GX doesn't work (thought that is what is to be expected). Crediar's readme said we need /sneek/kenobigc.bin, so I presume that means we need SNEEK. Anyone have SNEEK set up that can test things out?

AndehX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Fire-WSP, CosmoCortney, and AndehX, you all seem to be having the same crash issue. My only piece of advice is to try the same copy of the game that waluigi and myself are using. It comes up as "virtuastriker2002" in the selection menu. Also I'm using fix94's "diosmiosbooter" if that helps anyone. good luck!
Yeah I have the same iso as you.

I tried launching with diosmiosbooter, and I could actually select Time Attack mode this time, but after the screen fades to black, it freezes again :(

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
@8BitWalugi: I'm just curious to ask, what is the current total at the moment?
209.07EUR. I was hoping front page would get this more attention and more donations, but everyone's just complaining about issues that will be fixed in the next release. There's only one way to get them fixed, and that's with your wallets (As unfortunate as it may sound, this probably wouldn't be the case if that incident last year didn't happen.)

I'm using a 4GB SDHC, I think it's Sandisk? I'm currently not at home, will check+video it when I get home.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone who is interested... i've just updated my DM(L) Booter Channels to SVN r30 (which supports quadforce).

Credit to FIX94 for the original loader. :) If you have any issues... leave those with him, please don't bombard his Inbox full of PMs. -_-

Edit: By the way... you can find the link to them in my signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu