Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, I won't.
I explained that I don't like the idea to auto-install random wad files.
Random, because you can rename any wads and place them in that folder, it will be installed automatically.

I don't want to be responsible for banner brick because of user's stupidity.
I don't want to add a check for the found Wads either, because it would require a list of working wads, and prevent you from updating DM/DML/QF if I don't release a new version of the loader with new checksums.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I can't blame u I completely understand that. Ultimately though, the responsibility falls in the users hands, if they don't know where to get WADS from a trusted source and still decide to install, well that's called a dumbass move lol.

Reactions: Margen67

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I can't blame u I completely understand that. Ultimately though, the responsibility falls in the users hands, if they don't know where to get WADS from a trusted source and still decide to install, well that's called a dumbass move lol.

I agree. I mean if I knew how to program such a thing, I'd release it with a huge ass warning, explaining you better fucking know what you're doing, cuz if you're an idiot you can brick your Wii.

Thing is, no one wants to brick their wii. So if it was made fool proof with step by step instructions that you make very clear to the user that they must follow, then no one is going to blame the programmer when the few idiots out there do brick their wiis. I mean as it is, there exists the wad installers which could potentially brick your wii if you don't know what you're doing, yet I've seen very few reports of this, because for the most part, people using this stuff aren't idiots and read through each readme diligently.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True but either way, I see what he means, you also don't want to be the dev who's program caused a lot of bricks due to DAEU's (DumbAss End User)

For sure, I mean I get it. But I feel like he isn't giving us all enough credit. As I said no one wants to brick their Wii, and I haven't heard of any issue using the postloader mod yet. Granted it is new, but if you're downloading a mod that automatically installs a wad, you know what you are getting yourself into, or you should I would think.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha same. I truly appreciate the work people do. And I really have no right to complain as I don't know what the hell I'm doing in terms of coding. It would just be nice I guess.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say, the postloader mod works beautifully. While postloader isn't my goto for launching usb games (really wish you could view gamecube and wii games at the same time in it). Its great that it works. I would love to see it implemented in CFG, USB loader GX, or WiiFlow, but hey, beggers can't be choosers, I just need to make sure I use postloader for now when playing gamecube or quadforce games.

Reactions: gburgue

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick follow up, does anyone know how to configure NMM and ocarina in postloader? It seems to by default do the no disc mode which is good. But I can't figure out how to do either of these things within it, and if its going to be my (As of now) primary means of loading GC and QF games, I'd like to know what can be done to configure both of these options.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
no, I won't.
Random, because you can rename any wads and place them in that folder, it will be installed automatically.

I don't want to add a check for the found Wads either, because it would require a list of working wads, and prevent you from updating DM/DML/QF if I don't release a new version of the loader with new checksums.
I understand your fears, however like the others said only an idiot would brick his Wii and he's got himself to blame, that said I know the feeling as I too was an idiot once who bricked an old Wii due to installing a bad wad, anyway I totally understand your fears and I don't blame you for worrying.

hunter26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone! I have problem with quadforce 4.1 for USB only. The 4 games (Mario Kart GP 1 and 2, F-zero AX and virtua striker 4)works great on my SD FAT32 32k with quadforce 4.0 for SD. I tried to do the samething on my hard drive and only Mario Kart GP 2 work. I got a black screen for the 3 others. This result happens with my usb loader gx 1215 and wiiflow too. I really don't know what is wrong.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to defrag the iso, or maybe even make a new copy. it should be fine as long as they work on sd. could be the usb drive though, try a different one and see.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
no, I won't.

The crc could be read from an external file, so easily replaced/updated.

Yeah, I know you do enough already. Just saying :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone! I have problem with quadforce 4.1 for USB only. The 4 games (Mario Kart GP 1 and 2, F-zero AX and virtua striker 4)works great on my SD FAT32 32k with quadforce 4.0 for SD. I tried to do the samething on my hard drive and only Mario Kart GP 2 work. I got a black screen for the 3 others. This result happens with my usb loader gx 1215 and wiiflow too. I really don't know what is wrong.
Try DML Booter, if it works then it must be the settings.

emir1998

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
GVS46E
Virtua Striker 4 ver.2006 [TRIFORCE]

Time Set (COM) [crediar]
004768E0 000000XX

Time Set (VS) [crediar]
004768E1 000000XX

* Replace XX in the 2 codes above by the desired value
00    1'15"
01    1'20"
02    1'25"
03    1'30"
04    1'45"
05    2'00"
06    2'15"
07    2'30"
08    3'00"
09    4'00"
0A    5'00"

Game difficulty [crediar]
004768DC 000000XX

* Replace XX in the code above by the desired value
00    very easy
01    easy
02    normal
03    hard
04    hardest

Virtual time [crediar]
004768DD 000000XX

00    2 hour
01    4 hour
02    real

Event mode [crediar]
004768DE 000000XX

00    Off
01    On

If you want to set the time limit to whatever you want you can do this.
Set 804768E0 or 804768E1 to 0 and then write the time to 80247B5C as a 4-byte.
ie. 5mins ( 5 * 60 * 60 ) is 18000 in hex 0x00004650.
so the code is:
Time Set (COM) [crediar]
004768E0 00000000
04247B5C 00004650

hope this can help you

Can someone make a turtorial how to do this exactly? Also how would we change so that there are penalties at the end of a draw ?

Kimboslice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
necro but glad I didn't donate... fell short for final outcome imo, made it seem as if AX will save and let us unlock all the crap Nintendo locked into it. but nope, that clearly never happened.

Guess ill have to consider a real AX machine

any enthusiasts out there? wanna bring your 800lb arcade machine over and link play? lmfao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night