Hacking Crap, easy to use channel creator

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
would it be easier/possible to change the splash screen to a plain black screen... I imagine that this could be done quite easily, and the end result will look the same as if there was no gui at all.
theres any number of things you could take out of the source for the forwarder that would keep the splash screen from coming up. it will have to be up to wiicrazy how he wants to do it. because it is the forwarder that is being changed, not the program itself.

also, like oggzee said, it doesnt need to be a forwarder. crap can use the GX dol if you feel like it. you will just end up with a copy of GX for every game you make a channel for and waste space and not be able to update at all.

it really doesnt even need to be our forwarder. you can use whatever one is booting cfg loader and just point it to where gx is installed and give it the args.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
giantpune said:
it really doesnt even need to be our forwarder. you can use whatever one is booting cfg loader and just point it to where gx is installed and give it the args.
Except for the fact that gx will accept the id in form of GAMEID while cfg will want it in form of #GAMEID... (or am i wrong?) But i can change that to accept either way, i used #GAMEID because that's how hermes forwarder for loadstructor passed it...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Ok, new version is out...

download from : http://www.tepetaklak.com/wii
or from googlecode page : http://code.google.com/p/crapwii/downloads/list

Code:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Crap v2.5b =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
04/12/2009 WiiCrazy (I.R.on)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
* Usb loader GX forwarder added. 

* Now there are two Configurable USB Loader forwarders, one launches
the loader with splash screen, the other one without.

* Added support for argument passing into the forwarders.
With Conf. Forwarder for example : 
ios=223-mload (you can choose ios)
video=ntsc (choose the video mode)
ocarina=1 (activate ocarina)

For full listing of arguments and their options please refer to your loader's
documentation.

* Contains hotfixes released for 2.4b

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
You can rule out the game settings in Configurable USB Loader, look above in this thread, oggzee gave an example...

say you want to launch the game using Italian language, use below parameters
language=italian

Or say if you want to use ocarina, then use this,
ocarina=1

Or say you want to use ios 223 with mload,
ios=223-mload

Or say you want all of them
ios=223-mload ocarina=1 language=italian

oggzee may make it more clear, I can't say I am too familiar with the arguments supported here...

By the way same functionality also exists for the usb loader gx forwarder but I don't know of any supported arguments.

Since these are forwarders any new arguments added by the author of the actual loaders will be available to you in Crap... you just need to install the loader's new version and create the channel with the new arguments... Don't know will there be any but basically this is the idea behind the extra parameters. If you don't need it you may just leave blank, splash screen stuff and partition selection is already selectable in Crap btw.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
You can rule out the game settings in Configurable USB Loader, look above in this thread, oggzee gave an example...

say you want to launch the game using Italian language, use below parameters
language=italian

Or say if you want to use ocarina, then use this,
ocarina=1

Or say you want to use ios 223 with mload,
ios=223-mload

Or say you want all of them
ios=223-mload ocarina=1 language=italian

oggzee may make it more clear, I can't say I am too familiar with the arguments supported here...

By the way same functionality also exists for the usb loader gx forwarder but I don't know of any supported arguments.

Since these are forwarders any new arguments added by the author of the actual loaders will be available to you in Crap... you just need to install the loader's new version and create the channel with the new arguments... Don't know will there be any but basically this is the idea behind the extra parameters. If you don't need it you may just leave blank, splash screen stuff and partition selection is already selectable in Crap btw.

wow that is VERY COOL, thanks for the GREAT WORK that you do here for Crap
bow.gif
bow.gif

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanx for updated loader!

Could anybody give an example about the GX loader forwarder?

I added wbfs_file.exe to 3rdparty tools. When i select a *.wbfs file on my external hdd I always get an error message:

QUOTE said:
Error ocurred during banner extraction from Wbfs file, check file access restrictions!
Actual error is: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei "I:\wbfs\opening.bnr" konnte nicht gefunden werden.

When i convert the WBFS-File back to an ISO-File i get no errors during opening the ISO-File with Crap.

Anybody got the extra parameters for USB Loader GX forwarder? And where must be the location on the SD Card of USB-Loader?

For testing I formatted my hdd as WBFS again and added New Super Mario. I created a channel with Crap 2.5b, selected USB Loader GX Forwarder as Loader and clicked "Create Channel".
I installed the channel on my Wii System Menu. After starting the channel the Wii is loading and then just restart and Iam back in Wii Main Menu.

Please, a lil more documentation please!

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I updated GX to latest revision 843.

Now when I start the New Super Mario Channel, created by Crap the Wii is not restarting i just get into USB Loader GX and have to start the game myself.

Whats that?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@fuxxi : use r846, I believe autoboot support is in that release. Though giantpune can give the exact release number for autoboot support. Btw, is tool creating the opening.bnr there? Maybe the worst excuse for a programmer but it does work for me :) You can try another revision of wbfs_file.exe, for example 1.2

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
@fuxxi : use r846, I believe autoboot support is in that release. Though giantpune can give the exact release number for autoboot support. Btw, is tool creating the opening.bnr there? Maybe the worst excuse for a programmer but it does work for me :) You can try another revision of wbfs_file.exe, for example 1.2
Thanks for Your answer! I updated manually GX to 850 and autoboot is working perfect now! Thought 843 is latest version, because integrated updater in GX said it is and I was too lazy to check website, sorry.

Can You add a lil marker in Crap, that revision 846 of GX is required for autobooting? Maybe on the right side with the informations about author, modder etc.? Could You add either, the locations of the loaders for Your forwarders? Maybe also on the right side? For example:

USB Loader GX Forwarder:

QUOTEFilename: GXForwarder.dol
Author: Narolez
Modder: WiiCrazy
Forwards to: sd://apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Required version: r846 or higher
Default Disc Id: CRAPPY
Something like that? :)

About the error message:

Im trying open the file "SMNP01.wbfs" (New Super Mario as I said) with Crap 2.5b and wbfs_file.exe 1.7 and I get the error message, which I posted in an earlier posting.

I switched wbfs_file.exe to 1.2 and still get the error message. Maybe its a fault in the SMNP01.wbfs? As I said, if I convert it back to an ISO-File Crap 2.5b can open it without any errors.

Im going to try it with another game, if I find one.
wacko.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
The problem is even I don't know exactly which releases support the autoboot.. Still it's a good idea to add the information in the right pane.. I was already thinking to remove most of the stuff there in case of forwarder selection.

About the wbfs stuff, it's better for me to display the output of wbfs_file.exe's output in case of error I guess... Your problem is possibly specific to your operating system the path that wbfs file is in or something like that...

Could you test with the same wbfs but this time wbfs being in the C drive?

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Copied Crap to C:\Crap so wbfs_file.exe is in C:\Crap\3rdParty\ folder

Still the same error. I dont think this error is wbfs_file.exe related.. i think its faulty wbfs-file (SMNP01.wbfs) or problem in Crap.

As I said Im going to try with another wbfs-file.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
fuxxi said:
WiiCrazy said:
Copied Crap to C:\Crap so wbfs_file.exe is in C:\Crap\3rdParty\ folder

Still the same error. I dont think this error is wbfs_file.exe related.. i think its faulty wbfs-file (SMNP01.wbfs) or problem in Crap.

As I said Im going to try with another wbfs-file.

Actually I meant the case where game being in C drive. Anyway, I'll test the I: drive when I get back home.

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Actually I meant the case where game being in C drive. Anyway, I'll test the I: drive when I get back home.
tested with same results

Game was in C:\Mario\SMNP01.wbfs

Maybe You want a screenshot of the full error message?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
if you are in the correct folder in dos prompt and if you write
crap > test.txt

Crap will open and then try selecting a wbfs file... get the error you mentioned... close Crap... head on to the Crap folder, test.txt file should be there and filled with information hopefully I can fix this problem.

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...