Hacking Crap, easy to use channel creator

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm just so I understand this right.

The configurable forwarder in crap looks for the Configurable app on the SD-card and uses that for launching the game?
Can I put the CFG-app on USB also and the forwarder will find it there? And the forwarder itself is CFG-version independent?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
kenh said:

The configurable forwarder in crap looks for the Configurable app on the SD-card and uses that for launching the game?
Can I put the CFG-app on USB also and the forwarder will find it there? And the forwarder itself is CFG-version independent?

Yes, it works quite like Narolez forwarder, with one difference of course... it can autoboot a game and you can supply advanced parameters to the configurable usb loader.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
okay, here is the the test.txt file
http://www.mediafire.com/?yonymetw3wz

Here is the error I am getting
jzb31x.jpg

I noticed something that I think will help you figure out the problem...

Despite the error message I am getting, an opening banner ("opening.bnr") is being saved to my CRAP folder. I extracted the same banner (for guitar hero metallica) using wbfs_file and the sizes of the files were the same (511KB), however the CRAP output has a weird title ID ("Ueni") and disc ID ("pening"). The one I know works for sure has a title ID of "UXBE" and a disc ID of "SXBE52"

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Thanks @xflak40, possibly found the bug... there is a space in the banner path I use, that could be the problem.... I'll try to reproduce the case now...

Getting created banner from : I:\wbfs\SXBE52_Guitar Hero_ Metallica\opening.bnr

ps: it seems not the space but disc id parsing is problematic...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
S

SuLeGNa

Hello,

thanks a lot for crap it's a really good app..
I use it for some time and never had problems with it

Unfortunately, I recently tried to 'batch create' some channels from HDD stored banners and had a strange result.

I select 'Configurable Forwarder with no intro' as a loader and 'FAT1' as partition and Launch the batch create task.

Channels are created without problems but they check for wbfs1 instead of FAT1 on my HDD!

Am I doign something wrong?
I started the task 2/3 times and the result is always the same

Kinds regards

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@Sulegna : Unfortunately It's been a lot of time since I worked on the batch create function... newly added loader options are not used in batch create function... I know this fact but since nearly no one uses that function I was a bit lazy to add the necessary code to make it function as expected...

Still, I'll fix it in the next release

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ Wiicrazy, debug 3 is working for me

is case u need it, here is the test.txt output

Host domain: Crap.exe
child domain: MyDomain

Application Base Directory is: I:\~My Documents~\X-Flak Pack PC Apps\tools\Crap
Invoking I:\~My Documents~\X-Flak Pack PC Apps\tools\Crap\3rdParty\wbfs_file.exe with arguments "I:\wbfs\SXBE52_Guitar Hero_ Metallica\SXBE52.wbfs" ls_file SXBE52
Invoking I:\~My Documents~\X-Flak Pack PC Apps\tools\Crap\3rdParty\wbfs_file.exe with arguments "I:\wbfs\SXBE52_Guitar Hero_ Metallica\SXBE52.wbfs" extract_file SXBE52 opening.bnr "I:\~My Documents~\X-Flak Pack PC Apps\tools\Crap\banners\SXBE52.bnr"
Output from wbfs_file.exe (for extraction) : Read Split: 1 I:\wbfs\SXBE52_Guitar Hero_ Metallica\SXBE52.wbf1
Read Split: 2 I:\wbfs\SXBE52_Guitar Hero_ Metallica\SXBE52.wbf2
extracted: (SXBE52) 'opening.bnr' -> 'I:\~My Documents~\X-Flak Pack PC Apps\tools\Crap\banners\SXBE52.bnr'

Yet Another Loader
Yet Another Loader with Fixes
Usb Loader 1.1
Usb Loader 1.1s mod by Sorg
Usb Loader 1.5 mod by WiiCrazy
Usb Loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy
Usb Loader 1.6 by WiiCrazy
Configurable forwarder
Configurable forwarder (no intro)
USB Loader GX forwarder
Triiforce mod by WiiCrazy
Triiforce mod v2.2 + Ocarina by wichoxp
Yet Another Loader
Yet Another Loader with Fixes
Usb Loader 1.1
Usb Loader 1.1s mod by Sorg
Usb Loader 1.5 mod by WiiCrazy
Usb Loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy
Usb Loader 1.6 by WiiCrazy
Configurable forwarder
Configurable forwarder (no intro)
USB Loader GX forwarder

One suggestion, after selecting a .wbfs, there are 3 popus before everything loads... kind of annoying but not a huge deal!

thx for the awesome app

Oh yea, oggzee mentioned that his loader could easily be made into a standalone loader (so we wont need cfg loader boot.dol saved onto our sd card or fat32 drive)... is this possible yet?

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
kenh said:

Yes, it works quite like Narolez forwarder, with one difference of course... it can autoboot a game and you can supply advanced parameters to the configurable usb loader.

Thanks for the answer :)
Does the triiforce work the same way?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
@ Wiicrazy, debug 3 is working for me

is case u need it, here is the test.txt output

One suggestion, after selecting a .wbfs, there are 3 popus before everything loads... kind of annoying but not a huge deal!

thx for the awesome app

Oh yea, oggzee mentioned that his loader could easily be made into a standalone loader (so we wont need cfg loader boot.dol saved onto our sd card or fat32 drive)... is this possible yet?

Posted the hotfix for this problem, message boxes were only for debugging.
http://crapwii.googlecode.com/files/Crap2.5bHotfix-1.rar

For the standalone loader you can already use it, just copy the conf. loader dol into Loaders folder in Crap and create an appropriate loader section in crap.cfg file under Crap folder...

You only need to know disc id placeholder & config placeholder. But as oggzee mentioned, it's not possible to configure the loader directly

quoting oggzee,
QUOTE said:
Theoretically, you could use the cfg loader in a non-forwarding way too - it works both ways.
Besides the command line argument it also checks if the static string:
char direct_start_id_buf[] = "#GAMEIDCFGUSB0000000000";
Has been modified and uses the GAMEID to start the game.
The GAMEID-X partition is accepted there too, the CFGUSB part is ignored
This has been in already for a long while now.

So disc id placeholder will be : GAMEID

So you can add below loader section into Crap
CODE
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂtitleÂÂ= "Configurable USB Loader";
ÂÂÂÂfilename = "";
ÂÂÂÂauthor = "oggzee";
ÂÂÂÂmodder = "";
ÂÂÂÂdiscIdPlaceHolder = "GAMEID";
ÂÂÂÂconfigPlaceHolder = "";
ÂÂÂÂregionOverrideÂÂ= 0;
ÂÂÂÂverboseLogSupportÂÂ= 0;ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂforcedVideoModeSelection = 0;
ÂÂÂÂocarinaConfiguration = 0;
ÂÂÂÂlanguageSelection = 0;
ÂÂÂÂsupportsSdSdhcCard = 0;
ÂÂÂÂsupportFixes = 0;
ÂÂÂÂsupportsAltDols = 0;
ÂÂÂÂisForwarder = 0;
ÂÂÂÂsupportsPartitionSelection = 0;
ÂÂÂÂ}

As oggzee says, partition selection is possible so you can hexedit the dol and replace #GAMEIDCFGUSB0000000000 with your partition setup like #GAMEID-0GUSB0000000000 or changing the bold value to suit your needs.

Me adding the loader into Crap, that won't happen since it requires a lot of work to update these loaders.

@kenh : triiforce is not supported in batch create mode. but I can add support for that too...

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
@kenh : triiforce is not supported in batch create mode. but I can add support for that too...

Batch create mode is not what I ment.
I'm trying to understand how the triiiforce module works.
In normal case, I run the Triiforce from SD-card trough HBC.
Does Crap make it possible to make a wii-channel that run the game from directly from Nand-Emulation? And is the Triiforce-code included or is it a forwarder pointing to a SD/USB \Apps\Triiforce folder? Thats the thing i'm unsure about.
unsure.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
kenh said:
QUOTE said:

Does Crap make it possible to make a wii-channel that run the game from directly from Nand-Emulation? And is the Triiforce-code included or is it a forwarder pointing to a SD/USB \Apps\Triiforce folder? Thats the thing i'm unsure about.
unsure.gif

Ah, ok... Crap can create shortcut channels for your backed up channels in your nand dump... Included loader in Crap is a standalone one, you don't need triiforce installed. You just select a vc/wiiware wad that's already installed in your usb device or sd card then select the triiforce loader... finally you should select if you are using USB or SD/SDHC then you can create a shortcut channel...

Triiforce loader included in Crap doesn't support advanced options like video mode selection and so on in regular Triiforce installation by the way.

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
kenh said:
QUOTE said:

unsure.gif

Ah, ok... Crap can create shortcut channels for your backed up channels in your nand dump... Included loader in Crap is a standalone one, you don't need triiforce installed. You just select a vc/wiiware wad that's already installed in your usb device or sd card then select the triiforce loader... finally you should select if you are using USB or SD/SDHC then you can create a shortcut channel...

Triiforce loader included in Crap doesn't support advanced options like video mode selection and so on in regular Triiforce installation by the way.

Thanks for explaning
rolleyes.gif

You are the only one that could update the internal Triiforce code then?

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
kenh said:
Thanks for explaning
rolleyes.gif

You are the only one that could update the internal Triiforce code then?

Well it's open source, anyone can update... My changes to the original triiforce code are really cosmetic btw..
http://code.google.com/p/crapwii/source/br...k/Craptriiforce

Ok, What I ment was that i can't use a .dol directly from ie Wiipower or mrc before you have adjusted it to crap. But I think i'll get it now.

Thanks for the help and continue with this great app
yay.gif

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded

http://crapwii.googlecode.com/files/Crap2.5bHotfix-1.rar

and replaced the .exe in my programs folder.

Its working like a charme now. No more error messages, channel was created successfully. Im gonna test the channel tomorrow.

Only thing to mention now:

wbfs_file.exe 1.2 is no longer working now! I did not test V1.3, but 1.7 is working fine. Maybe You should mention this anywhere
wink.gif

fuxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuxxi said:
Im gonna test the channel tomorrow.
Ok, just tested the channel :D

Its working perfect! Thank You!!

Finally I can use fat32 partition with game channels in combination with GX loader :)

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi WiiCrazy
smile.gif
!

Is there a way to add forwarding features to current CrapTriiforce loader?... I mean:

1. Install a forwarder VC or WiiWare channel.
2. The installed forwarder channel looks for craptriiforce's boot.dol file in a specific folder (sd:\folder\boot.dol).
3. The boot.dol file in that folder gets the GAMEID from the installed forwarder channel.
4. VC/WiiWare Game starts.

That would be great for a quick craptriiforce's boot.dol file updating (useful when a new version arrives) and, the most important, you will not need to make a new forwarder channel (because of Triiforce's updates) again
cool.gif
!

See ya!

megamaan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Problem.

Crap 2.5b + configurable usb loader v49(a,b) + game with no intro = black screen.
Crap 2.5b + configurable usb loader v49(a,b) + game with intro = working. CFG logo + text box with loading information
Crap 2.4b + configurable usb loader v49(a,b) + game with intro = working. CFG logo + NO text box with loading information

So the 2.4b is working best. CFG logo is ok, but I don't want those text messages with all the information of loading game...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@wichoxp : Yep that's possible, WiiPower already added a bunch arguments to set different options. I may add in a future version..

@megamaan : If you haven't updated conf. usb loader recently, you should update it. No intro is a feature added recently, so check changes for conf. usb loader and update accordingly... that's why you get the black screen probably...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...