• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why you expect me get even more off topic by providing evidence for a claim I didn't make nor bring up. That would distract from your task at hand.

Please see my claims of racism analogy. I'm exactly as clever as I think.

See my previous reply. We both know the real reason you can't/won't type out a SINGLE.... ONE. SINGLE. example of conservative hypocrisy right here in this thread. You know exactly how the conversation will flow and you know you're completely beat.

Check. Mate.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
See my previous reply. We both know the real reason you can't/won't type out a SINGLE.... ONE. SINGLE. example of conservative hypocrisy right here in this thread. You know exactly how the conversation will flow and you know you're completely beat.

Check. Mate.
What a fuckin' d-bag, lmao. It's not like you'd accept any example of conservative hypocrisy as valid, this thread and so many others on the politics forum are already littered with them. Just off the top of my head: Trump added more than eight trillion to the national debt in a single term, which is completely hypocritical for any would-be "conservative." The party has become the antithesis of the term in practically every sense.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Check. Mate.
  • You: "There are so many examples of liberal hypocrisy."
  • Me: "Okay, provide one, but let's please do it over PM because it's off-topic."
  • You: "No, I won't. Instead, you provide me with an example of conservative hypocrisy, despite you not bringing it up, and I don't care if we are derailing the thread."
I don't think the above characterization of our conversation is unfair, and I don't think anybody would say, by any objective measure, that you've done anything to checkmate anyone.

Reactions: Xzi

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You: "There are so many examples of liberal hypocrisy."
Me: "Okay, provide one, but let's please do it over PM because it's off-topic."
You: "No, I won't. Instead, you provide me with an example of conservative hypocrisy, despite you not bringing it up, and I don't care if we are derailing the thread."

I don't think the above characterization of our conversation is unfair, and I don't think anybody would say, by any objective measure, that you've done anything to checkmate anyone.

Hahahaha. Come on.... one.....just ONE example. Still waiting.

Xzi, no kibitzing please.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahaha. Come on.... one.....just ONE example. Still waiting.

Xzi, no kibitzing please.
I'm not going to be baited into defending a statement I never made because you can't defend a statement you did make. Since I'm repeating myself, that likely means we are bordering on what the moderators would call bickering territory. Unless you want our off-topic posts to continue only to be deleted soon after, I'll catch you in our private message thread. :)

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to be baited into defending a statement I never made because you can't defend a statement you did make. Since I'm repeating myself, that likely means we are bordering on what the moderators would call bickering territory. Unless you want our off-topic posts to continue only to be deleted soon after, I'll catch you in our private message thread. :)

I'll sweeten the pot. If you can provide ONE instance of conservative hypocrisy, I'll leave this site and never return.

Even with that offer, I GUARANTEE you won't provide a single example. :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll sweeten the pot. If you can provide ONE instance of conservative hypocrisy, I'll leave this site and never return.

Even with that offer, I GUARANTEE you won't provide a single example. :)
And I guarantee that you won't provide a single example for why Star Trek Voyager is the best Star Trek series. That doesn't mean it's at all pertinent to the conversation.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I guarantee that you won't provide a single example for why Star Trek Voyager is the best Star Trek series. That doesn't mean it's at all pertinent to the conversation.

Still waiting for just ONE example. By providing none, you concede the point that conservatives, from your point of view, have never done a single thing that could be seen as hypocritical. Cool. Glad we could agree on something! :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By providing none, you concede the point that conservatives, from your point of view, have never done a single thing that could be seen as hypocritical. Cool. Glad we could agree on something! :)
Your assertion on how point-concessions work is stunningly incorrect. My refusal to provide evidence for claims you made for me, for numerous reasons, doesn't mean I've conceded anything anymore than it means you've conceded anything about Star Trek.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vaccine has been demonstrated to be safe

Complete lie. Can you site ONE, just ONE accredited scientist/doctor (with credentials to back it up) stating that any of these COVID vaccines are safe?

Anxiously awaiting your reply. :) :) :)

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete lie. Can you site ONE, just ONE accredited scientist/doctor (with credentials to back it up) stating that any of these COVID vaccines are safe?

Anxiously awaiting your reply. :) :) :)
here is an example of conservative hypocracy:
https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...vid-19-vaccine-before-many-frontline-workers/

https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/12...m-receives-covid-19-vaccine-over-the-weekend/

answer me this, if it wasn't safe, why are conservative reps and senators hopping the line to get it?

also both Gabor David Kelen, M.D. and Lisa Lockerd Maragakis, M.D., M.P.H. say the vaccine is safe.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...eases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe

I'm sorry you don't understand the science.

Last edited by omgcat,
Reactions: Lacius and Xzi

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is an example of conservative hypocracy:
https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...vid-19-vaccine-before-many-frontline-workers/

https://www.abccolumbia.com/2020/12...m-receives-covid-19-vaccine-over-the-weekend/

answer me this, if it wasn't safe, why are conservative reps and senators hopping the line to get it?

also both Gabor David Kelen, M.D. and Lisa Lockerd Maragakis, M.D., M.P.H. say the vaccine is safe.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...eases/coronavirus/is-the-covid19-vaccine-safe

I'm sorry you don't understand the science.
Well done, sir. While it is not too difficult to point out acts of hypocrisy from either "side", you have provided specific references. The thread seems much quieter now....

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"By Tyler Durden."

Yeah seems totally legit. :rolleyes:

LULZ!!!! If you knew anything about that site, which you obviously don’t, you’d know that “Tyler Durden” is just a pseudonym that multiple authors use to write articles on there. Fun fact, some of the “Tylers” get paid around $150,000/year for their contributions.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LULZ!!!! If you knew anything about that site, which you obviously don’t, you’d know that “Tyler Durden” is just a pseudonym that multiple authors use to write articles on there. Fun fact, some of the “Tylers” get paid around $150,000/year for their contributions.
Riiight...and I've got some oceanfront property in Colorado to sell you. That site has worse formatting than even a wordpress blog, I can't believe anybody would buy into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...