• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I supposed to disagree with the things on your list, or am I supposed to agree with the things on the list? It's kind of a mess. That was a rhetorical question though. Please get back on topic, make another thread, or send me a PM.

I see you lack basic reading skills. I want to align my way of thinking with yours. Do you agree with my statements? Can I be a liberal hypocrite like you?

Looks like the UK is throwing the dice with their sheep: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/01/health/coronavirus-vaccines-britain.html

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Xzi

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I agree with a single one of your statements as worded.

Looks like somebody (you) is going to get kicked out of the liberal clubhouse for not towing the line!!!!

You know, I'm not sure why anyone is even talking about Trump. After Obama left the White House, we rolled right to the Biden administration. Trump never sat in the oval office! He was too busy hanging out with known pedophile Jeffery Epstein. I mean, Bill Clinton was NEVER photographed with that pedophile like the orange clown was and even if a picture of Bill Clinton surfaces, showing him on a plane with Epstein, it's just Russian propaganda, right?

Looks like these parents are just being silly for refusing to sign the COVID testing form: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...students-from-in-person-class-over-test-forms

....I mean, not like ANY COVID testing kit was EVER infected with the virus. That's never happened, if it did, snopes and our even truthful press, would tell us!

Do you know JP by chance?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like somebody (you) is going to get kicked out of the liberal clubhouse for not towing the line!!!!

You know, I'm not sure why anyone is even talking about Trump. After Obama left the White House, we rolled right to the Biden administration. Trump never sat in the oval office! He was too busy hanging out with known pedophile Jeffery Epstein. I mean, Bill Clinton was NEVER photographed with that pedophile like the orange clown was and even if a picture of Bill Clinton surfaces, showing him on a plane with Epstein, it's just Russian propaganda, right?

Looks like these parents are just being silly for refusing to sign the COVID testing form: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...students-from-in-person-class-over-test-forms

....I mean, not like ANY COVID testing kit was EVER infected with the virus. That's never happened, if it did, snopes and our even truthful press, would tell us!

Do you know JP by chance?

I think most liberals would disagree with your strawman arguments, and that's what makes them strawman arguments. I'm also unsure what you intend to contribute to the discussion by spewing hyperbolic strawman arguments that nobody believes.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most liberals would disagree with your strawman arguments, and that's what makes them strawman arguments. I'm also unsure what you intend to contribute to the discussion by spewing hyperbolic strawman arguments that nobody believes.

More fake news: https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/h...-after-receiving-pfizer-vaccine-amid-frenzied

They didn't receive the 2nd dose, that would have 100% prevented them from getting COVID!

I wish places would stop publishing these BS COVID articles!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More fake news: https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/h...-after-receiving-pfizer-vaccine-amid-frenzied

They didn't receive the 2nd dose, that would have 100% prevented them from getting COVID!

I wish places would stop publishing these BS COVID articles!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
Both of the major vaccines require two doses, and the second dose comes approximately three weeks after the first dose. While there is some protection 12 days after the first dose, getting both doses is the only proven way to get the 95% protection shown in Phase 3 trials.

Forgive me if I didn't respond directly to whatever your point was. Your points are becoming less clear as time goes on as you attempt to, I think, parody strawman arguments.

Last edited by Lacius,

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of the major vaccines require two doses, and the second dose comes approximately three weeks after the first dose. While there is some protection 12 days after the first dose, getting both doses is the only proven way to get the 95% protection shown in Phase 3 trials.

Forgive me if I didn't respond directly to whatever your point was. Your points are becoming less clear as time goes on as you attempt to, I think, parody strawman arguments.

I hope Fauci makes this vaccine mandatory for everyone! Us logic ignoring, hypocritical liberals need to stick together and push these anti-vax lunatics off a cliff!!!!!11111111111

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...d-vaccines-are-table-especially-travel-school

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've had mandatory vaccinations in schools for decades, and you don't have an unrestricted right to air travel. You can ask the TSA about that last one.

In my state, when my children started school, I was told that we needed to provide their vaccination cards. I never produced them because my children were never vaccinated and none were ever barred entry soooooo.... (I even objected to the vitamin K shot at birth)

As for the TSA, pass on that as well. There is nowhere I want to fly to so badly that it's worth watching my family getting groped by low paid, power tripping flunkies.

upload_2021-1-2_19-21-15.png

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my state, when my children started school, I was told that we needed to provide their vaccination cards. I never produced them because my children were never vaccinated and none were ever barred entry soooooo.... (I even objected to the vitamin K shot at birth)

As for the TSA, pass on that as well. There is nowhere I want to fly to so badly that it's worth watching my family getting groped by low paid, power tripping flunkies.

View attachment 240239
Your anecdote does nothing but demonstrate your petulance. It doesn't address my point.

I would respond to examples of "liberal hypocrisy" if any were provided, except I've given you long enough to do that since I first started I don't want to go off topic. Make a new thread or send me a PM if you want to talk about anything unrelated to the vaccine.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your anecdote does nothing but demonstrate your petulance. It doesn't address my point.

I would respond to examples of "liberal hypocrisy" if any were provided, except I've given you long enough to do that since I first started I don't want to go off topic. Make a new thread or send me a PM if you want to talk about anything unrelated to the vaccine.

I got a new avatar picture for you and your liberal friends:

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

I've provided you with PLENTY of examples of liberal hypocrisy but you chose to you know..... (see picture)

Like liberals, conservatives have never committed any acts of hypocrisy either, right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new avatar picture for you and your liberal friends:

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

I've provided you with PLENTY of examples of liberal hypocrisy but you chose to you know..... (see picture)

Like liberals, conservatives have never committed any acts of hypocrisy either, right?
First, this isn't an image board. Second, check your PM if you want to continue this off-topic conversation. You haven't actually provided any examples of "liberal hypocrisy."

Last edited by Lacius,

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, this isn't an image board. Second, check your PM if you want to continue this off-topic conversation. You haven't actually provided any examples of "liberal hypocrisy."

upload_2021-1-2_21-35-35.png

Tell you what, lets go a different route. For every ONE example of conservatives being hypocrites that you can provide, I'll counter with 25 examples of liberals being hypocrites. But you have to go first. This will help me understand what you consider hypocrisy.

On the COVID front: https://www.zerohedge.com/political...ust-illegal-gathering-family-during-new-years Cops should have shot everyone in that house in the head to protect them from COVID!!!!!!!111111

Last edited by gene0915,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 240251

Tell you what, lets go a different route. For every ONE example of conservatives being hypocrites that you can provide, I'll counter with 25 examples of liberals being hypocrites. But you have to go first. This will help me understand what you consider hypocrisy.

On the COVID front: https://www.zerohedge.com/political...ust-illegal-gathering-family-during-new-years Cops should have shot everyone in that house in the head to protect them from COVID!!!!!!!111111
Respond over PM.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's do at least ONE round in public, then I'll gladly switch over to PM. So come on, give me ONE, just ONE example of conservative hypocrisy. JUST ONE!
The public can already see clearly that, instead of keeping this thread on topic per my wishes or even providing an example of alleged liberal hypocrisy that you brought up, you are instead deflecting and engaging in baiting tactics, and you refuse to engage over PM. You've also been shown numerous times to be mistaken about basic issues of fact, such as what a double blind study entails.

You brought up liberal hypocrisy, so you can provide your best example over PM, and we can talk about it there. Anything else is unlikely to garner a response from me.

I don't want to derail this thread more than it has already been derailed, and this is the last time I'm going to say so. You are the one who made claims about liberal hypocrisy, so you can put up or shut up. I didn't make baseless claims about "conservative hypocrisy," so your response that I should be the one providing examples of anything right now is absurd. It would be like me hypothetically calling you a racist, and then when you ask me for evidence of you being a racist, I instead challenge you to come up with evidence that I am a racist (even though you never made the claim). It's irrelevant to the matter you brought up, and I don't tend to let people get away with blatant deflections.

I await your PM (or a new thread).

Last edited by Lacius,

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The public can already see clearly that, instead of keeping this thread on topic per my wishes or even providing an example of alleged liberal hypocrisy that you brought up, you are instead deflecting and engaging in baiting tactics, and you refuse to engage over PM. You've also been shown numerous times to be mistaken about basic issues of fact, such as what a double blind study entails.

You brought up liberal hypocrisy, so you can provide your best example over PM, and we can talk about it there. Anything else is unlikely to garner a response from me.

I don't want to derail this thread more than it has already been derailed, and this is the last time I'm going to say so. You are the one who made claims about liberal hypocrisy, so you can put up or shut up. I didn't make baseless claims about "conservative hypocrisy," so your response that I should be the one providing examples of anything right now is absurd. It would be like me hypothetically calling you a racist, and then when you ask me for evidence of you being a racist, I instead challenge you to come up with evidence that I am a racist (even though you never made the claim). It's irrelevant to the matter you brought up, and I don't tend to let people get away with blatant deflections.

I await your PM (or a new thread).

Exactly what I thought. You and I both know you were never ever going to bother providing a single example of a conservative being a hypocrite. We both know the real reason you won't even dare try it. I can almost guarantee you won't.

You're not as clever as you think.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I thought. You and I both know you were never ever going to bother providing a single example of a conservative being a hypocrite. We both know the real reason you won't even dare try it. I can almost guarantee you won't.

You're not as clever as you think.
I'm not sure why you expect me get even more off topic by providing evidence for a claim I didn't make nor bring up. That would distract from your task at hand.

Please see my claims of racism analogy. I'm exactly as clever as I think.

Last edited by Lacius,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm shocked a usb A port
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 don't seem much different from last year'
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    3gb ram Mali-G31 MP2 could be decent for ps1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that gave me a MMI error
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm just tired of all the useless windows updates that keeps bogging my pc down whenever i wanna use it, useless AI crap
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    MS advertising win10 as the last OS we'll ever need ,such horseshit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Windows 11 is just horseshit in general.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    CoPilot is the new Bonzi Buddy, 20 years later after it was shutdown by several lawsuits.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're gonna love it when they stop supporting win10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I saw the announcement.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's all just junk to me, i just wanna use my pc in peace, not to be told shit by some AI
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They said that they will also discontinue support for Windows 7, of which I thought they'd already done so.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get use to Linux then
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that