• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
t's pretty much that natural immunity is strong, and 2nd shot efficacy is suffering. Also, people given passports for being vaccinated is more risky than giving those with natural immunity passports. He seems to think the CDC/WHO should amend the information. I think they are rackets.
Natural immunity seems to be failing the countless unvaccinated people in the ER and dying from Covid. There’s a reason why we are using vaccines as a means helping the immune system instead of pretending it’s perfect on its own. If I am wrong, provide a source that isn’t a YouTube comedian. I am not replying to the rest of your post because I literally don’t care. He’s not an expert and I don’t care.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you really don't like Russell Brand. Ok. I can't say that I've been a big fan of his either, but this current series he is doing is as a comedian/commentator/reporter. As for what I've seen, he hasn't "spread conspiracies" in any of the videos I posted. I mean, you could talk shit about anyone and use it as a reason to not pay attention to what they are talking about. I just find it a little ironic because it is so much easier to dismiss someone like you over someone like him.

Also, when you say "spread conspiracies", what do you mean, exactly? I know of the idea that encouraging conspiracy theories is frustrating for those who want immediate facts, and I know that conspiracies are illegal and possibly threatening. The verbage you use seems to conflate the two and suggests that you don't even know why "spreading conspiracies" is potentially a bad thing or even understand your own language.

Anyway, if you aren't going to "waste your time" watching a short video, and instead use time to talk about Russell Brand being a bad person and pretend that by doing so refutes the information he brings to the table--go ahead.

It's pretty much that natural immunity is strong, and 2nd shot efficacy is suffering. Also, people given passports for being vaccinated is more risky than giving those with natural immunity passports. He seems to think the CDC/WHO should amend the information. I think they are rackets.

He's not "the source" in any of these videos. The studies and the reports he presents are the sources. The format he does it is nice too, because it is clear which part of his presentation is his own thoughts about the subject and which parts are the actual sources and information (aka facts).

You can hate Russell Brand with a burning passion but it's your loss when you are responding to me posting a video and can only pretend to know what you are disagreeing with. You might like being dumb, but what are you doing for me here?
Natural immunity seems to be failing the countless unvaccinated people in the ER and dying from Covid. There’s a reason why we are using vaccines as a means helping the immune system instead of pretending it’s perfect on its own. If I am wrong, provide a source that isn’t a YouTube comedian. I am not replying to the rest of your post because I literally don’t care. He’s not an expert and I don’t care.
Natural immunity is pretty effective, but the problem with natural immunity is you have to actually suffer/survive COVID-19 without natural immunity in order to get natural immunity.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not only are you not an expert but you continue to demonstrate willful misunderstanding of what has been said. 1 for Russell Brand - 0 for "TheCatBoy"

Natural immunity is pretty effective

It's very effective. Apparently, a lot more effective than the vaccines (by itself). Granted, it is likely that the vaccine may provide an added boost on top of natural immunity, but the concern is that people need vaccination status to be qualified for these vaccine passports while those with natural immunity are cut off. If the science was being respected, people who survived covid-19 should have more rights/privileges than those with only vaccinations. I am against the mandates, in general, but it's not hard to see inconsistency between the science and the corporate/political "sales (by) force".

Last edited by tabzer,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Natural immunity is pretty effective, but the problem with natural immunity is you have to actually suffer/survive COVID-19 without natural immunity in order to get natural immunity.
I am aware but the argument about natural immunity is of course the issue of getting Covid. I don’t mean to preach to the choir but at some point repeating the same talking points with the same person just gets old. I’ve honestly stopped trying with them and don’t care anymore.
I think I am going to stop replying to this thread and hope the staff finally lock it. It’s just same conspiracy nut jobs and the same people arguing with them.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Lacius

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am aware but the argument about natural immunity is of course the issue of getting Covid. I don’t mean to preach to the choir but at some point repeating the same talking points with the same person just gets old. I’ve honestly stopped trying with them and at this point.
I think I am going to stop replying to this thread and hope the staff finally lock it. It’s just same conspiracy nut jobs and the same people arguing with them.

You should try checking out the articles/videos people post instead of pretending to know what they are about when you respond to them. It's hard for you to come up with something "new" to talk about if you are only all output and no input.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Honest question: How many people really care about this argument anymore?
Well the remaining diehard (no pun intended) anti-vaxxers definitely spew nothing but stupidity, so it is impossible to care about what they have to say. We also now have microbial filters that can catch COVID-19 from the air in indoor spaces, but y'know how capitalism be, so we'll see how many buildings are actually upgraded with them.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You should try checking out the articles/videos people post instead of pretending to know what they are about when you respond to them. It's hard for you to come up with something "new" to talk about if you are only all output and no input.
This isn’t a “gotcha,” I just stopped caring to even give you a decent reply.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Honest question: How many people really care about this argument anymore?
What's the argument?

This isn’t a “gotcha,” I just stopped caring to even give you a decent reply.

Lol, gotcha!

In order to stop something, you have to first start something. B-)

The dictionary is as good as toilet paper to some people.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Stupidity is in the eye of the beholder. And it seems that the base instinct of mankind is to regard anyone who does not share one's worldview as stupid. "You don't agree with me, you don't see eye-to-eye with me, therefore, you are an idiot."

But ad hominem attacks typically fail miserably at winning an argument, if such a thing is even possible to win.
Anti-vaxxors are stupid. Until they actually back anything up with legitimate sources, they aren’t worth respecting. This threads been going on for 2 years and not a single anti-vax post has provided anything beyond no sources, misquotes, fake science, or YouTubers.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Stupidity is in the eye of the beholder.
Nah it's good ol' fashioned objective stupidity. Like a Youtube video that's nothing but 12 hours of various fart noises. Matter of fact, I'd still rate that above vaccine conspiracy theory videos from people who don't understand biology on even a 6th grade level.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Weeks of agony? I'm pretty sure that unless you're very high risk, you'd be looking at a few days of intermittent discomfort. I got sick last year and tested positive for the coronavirus. I had three days that were pretty unpleasant at parts (the malaise ebbed and flowed, it wasn't constant) and then I was pretty much fine. And I'm not a health nut or anything, I have a sedentary lifestyle. I didn't take any vitamins or anything during the illness. Hardly weeks of agony. Others I know who had symptomatic illness from the virus had similar experiences.

Oh. I guess you're right! Now that I've been told multiple times that we're stupid, I'm convinced. How did I not see it before?

Your post served to highlight my point excellently. Of course you think we're stupid, because we don't agree with you! If a person disagrees with you, it's obviously because of their lower intelligence, the poor things.

And "legitimate sources" here seems to roughly align with "anything that backs up my worldview." Unless you went out and did studies yourself, you have no other alternative but to put blind faith in what the government and other "experts" deem to be "legitimate" or "trustworthy"; faith that, in my view, can be misplaced. This is the same government and pharmaceutical industry that allowed the whole business with Oxycontin to be a thing.
If you are an anti-vaxxor, then you are stupid. I am tired of pretending I care. This has been going on for 2 years now and thus far anti-vaxxors have brought their hurt feelings to the thread. There is no basis in reality for the anti-vax movement and there's been no evidence provided by anyone in the movement.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, "objective" stupidity. Right. Who gets to decide when stupidity is objective or not? Who is the arbiter of stupid?
I literally gave you examples. Imagine an idea so stupid that a sixth grader would be embarrassed to pitch it as anything but a joke. Like, "the entire electrical grid should be powered by hamsters." That's objectively stupid.

What is foolishness to some is wisdom to others.
No, you're thinking of "one man's trash is another man's treasure." That's because objects and tools can be repurposed or restored with the proper techniques. If an idea, thought, or theory is stupid when it's first pitched, it's stupid forever. I sure as shit hope that nobody has ever perceived anything Steven Seagal has said as wise. Otherwise they need a psych evaluation ASAP.

Reactions: The Catboy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If an idea, thought, or theory is stupid when it's first pitched, it's stupid forever.

You are missing the point of relativity. We only have your expert opinion on stupidity as reference. That might be good enough for you but not for others. Right there is something you consider wise but others consider foolish, and vice-versa. Thoughts, ideas, and theories are also repurposed. Until you figure that out, it will be stupid forever, but it looks like you might be dedicated.

To ascertain objectivity, you need a universally immutable metric, if such a thing exists.

If the power grid could be powered by hamsters, then it could be a viable idea to power the grid with hamsters. So, if it was our collective goal to make the power grid capable of being powered by hamsters, it would be a helpful tool in making the power grid less taxing and more efficient.

You are highly imaginative with your fart jokes, but you couldn't think about this... which is impressive, in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol