• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those waiting for peer-reviewed study.. the data is in for Ivermectin and might just prove to be one of the biggest scandals in history.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/821...3128-subjects-using-propensity-score-matching

Read the whole thing if you have time (it's very readable compared to most studes), but the gist of it is..

Remember, this is basically the same conclusion that was being made by some from the start yet the mainstream was strangely dismissive of (to the point of calling it horse de-wormer).

With a 70% reduction in mortality rate, imagine how many people's lives could've been saved if they had been given this dirt cheap drug as a preventative measure along with vaccinations once available.
This was addressed months ago:
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...brazil-ivermectin-covid-19-prevention-flawed/

over here they remove all restrictions and even the be vaccinated to go places so i guess they no longer care about that
In the United States, restrictions are still recommended in areas with high rates of transmission. In addition, the current recommendation is still for people to get vaccinated regardless of the transmission rate in one's area.

Reactions: KingVamp

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
European countries lifting any and all restrictions for electoral reasons does not mean they're right or that the thing is any less present or dangerous. You'd be well to all remember that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
European countries lifting any and all restrictions for electoral reasons does not mean they're right or that the thing is any less present or dangerous. You'd be well to all remember that.
Omicron simply does not warrant keeping the restrictions in place. Studies show that the risk of hospitalisation is 50% lower and the risk of death 91% lower compared to Delta. The new variant accounts for the overwhelming majority of cases and some argue that it’s actually one of the many pathways out of the pandemic since the majority of patients infected with Omicron suffer from symptoms no worse than the average cold while the natural immunity gained in the process of recovering from the infection protects them from other, more deadly variants.

https://time.com/6141679/omicron-end-covid-19/

England has effectively removed all restrictions, including the self-isolation requirement, opting instead to urge the public to practice safe behaviours and stress the importance of hygiene. After an initial spike in cases, which was to be expected, the number of deaths is steadily decreasing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ay-safe-as-covid-19-england-restrictions-lift

488EEC0F-7737-4E96-A91B-903A0270FC7F.jpeg

That’s not an endorsement of complacency, but ultimately we need to return to normalcy at some point - you have to weigh the risks and benefits. The UK is reaching a point where the drawbacks of a strictly controlled lockdown simply outweigh its benefits. This has absolutely nothing to do with elections and everything to do with data.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm sorry if the facts are inconvenient for you.

The vaccine is still highly recommended, regardless of whether or not you're affected by a mandate.
You are free to believe in the CDC, but "facts" are neither here nor there. America has among the worst propaganda. Covid "related" deaths.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes because I'm not an absolute baffoon that believes what their stupid politicians and whatever their uncle on WhatsApp says.

They've all been tested and have been made fast because medicine is now better and this is a worldwide pandemic. If only it had come sooner, I might not have lost my uncle.

I got both doses of Pfizer and will get the booster next month. Absolutely no side-effects besides a sore-arm for 2 days.
The mRNA vaccine stuff is actually pretty damn cool when you look into it more. Its been something they have been tinkering with for awhile now but utilized a version for it to use as a C19 vaccine. I really want to see what they can do with it on more dangerous stuff like HIV which they have been tossing the concept around for awhile now.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow the fallacious comparisons get thrown faster than thunder here. Though last time it was with nazis, so I guess it's "less worse"? Still not making any proper point though :/

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well at least you are finally realizing that the anti-vax movement is a joke
First, that's not what is being communicated, and second, people have reason to distrust American productions. Anti-anti-vax is the joke. Trying to tell people what medical choices they should make is literally outside of the scope of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol