cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
LWares.

That looks like the issue with having bad corrupted images or a possible bad game. Do you know what game it's loading first i couldn't see from the footage.

What I suggest is that you try deleting all your images for the games and having the following:

sd:/usb-loaderAB/covers/ and sd:/usb-loaderAB/covers/3d/ empty, so that you can turn on auto-downloading and it will fix the possible corrupted images.

If even after that you still have the same issue, you may want to check your actual ISO's, they may be corrupted on some of them which will also cause a crash.

If that still doesn't fix it get back to me and if you can take a better quality video so I can see what happens after these changes.

Thanks.

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LWares said:
I have a problem with coverflow

Please, could you help me with this!
Is it possible that the first game on your drive has a file name that is longer than 36 characters? The behaviour (immediate complete crash and flashing colours) looks similar to what happens when you scroll to an iso where this is the case.

If so, just rename it to something shorter (

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as i know the first game is "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess". I will try clearing my images and see what happens.

Edit: it's not the images, i'll avoid this for now as i don't wish to start from scratch!
frown.gif

Thanks anyway...

ewart475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent Work People Thanks!!!!

Works Perfect once you rename a few titles to make them shorter only bug i have found up to now.

just a idea but is it possible to change the automatic cover downloads to download the 3d covers instead of the 2d or am i asking a stupid question.

looks great but it looks even better with 3d covers maube something to look into for alpha 5 some kind of setting to download 2d or 3d covers

Keep up the great work guys
bow.gif
grog.gif
lecture.gif

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LWares said:
As far as i know the first game is "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess". I will try clearing my images and see what happens.

Edit: it's not the images, i'll avoid this for now as i don't wish to start from scratch!
frown.gif

Thanks anyway...
That's a file name issue. Happened to me too. Just change the name of the file to something shorter than 36 characters.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Thanks for the helpful advice and everyone helping each other, hopefully by the end of some tweaking with names or images you will all be able to use it fully.

@ewart475

We actually tested the 3D covers for the main screen, however I personally think it looks cleaner wit the 2D there. I know that taste is subjective so there are ways around it. You could always just replace all images with the 3D ones manually and hopefully it should work with the transparencies. Or maybe I can speak to Don and see if there is a way to add it as an option. That way both tastes are catered for.

So for now stick with the 2D for the main page and the 3D for the settings page. Or manually change them to the 3D versions and wait for a possible future revision that can switch between if it's possible.

@LWares

Yeah just stick to what was mentioned earlier. I know it's a pain but just alter the names to something less than 36 characters for now. We will hopefully fix that shortly.

Cheers and hope your all enjoying it.

calisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried this new version out & was crashing with the pink screen with PAL Trivial Pursuit on PAL machine, so shortened the name of the iso & all working now, good work lads, keep it up.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ouch... what a feedback. i checked the thread this morning at work (around 8 am) and everything was fine. However later one, it seems everyone was havig bugs ^^

So we can easily say that this issue is game's name size related. i guess from reading the previous posts that the max name lenght must be 33 characters. Need to confirm this out in the source.

I guess i was a little in a hurry to post it (and go to bed! was up since 6am and went to bed at 1am the next day) and can't get this bug to occur since all my game's name are almost 20 chars long.

So i send a big thank you to all the great members out there that were reporting and even a bigger shout out to those who mentionned that it might be name's related.
I'll try to fix this bug asap.

Cheers guys and don't forget to send some feedback/ideas (appreciation?)

CD:
hi mate, how was your day? fine i hope.
mine was horrible... however i'll try to add a fix when i get few minutes left.
You should also edit the 1st post this way:
QUOTE said:
ADDITIONAL NOTES
================

Few notes:
On the Main screen: use left/right to scroll one cover at a time, up/down to scroll one page at a time, A to run a game, Home to either reboot to SystemMenu/HBC, B to display the settings.

by the way, the tag that allows to expand/collapse some text is [_spoiler][/spoiler_], just remove the undescores.

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
Great been using this for a while, and like it alot.
Updated to alpha4 today and it no longer seems to work with preloader.
Also video modes don't seem to work as before all but one of my games used to be set 'patch' with one 'ntsc' now i've had to change all but the ntsc one to a mixture of 'game' 'system' and 'ntsc' to make them work and pal60 don't seem to work on games that required it with gamma. Anyone else getting these starge changes from alpha3 to alpha4?

Keep it up... minjeeta

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Don
Hey Don. I edited the first post and I think it's now how you meant so let me know if it isn't. Remember I'm pretty new to this all so will get the hang of it eventually
wink.gif

We have plenty of time for coding and working on projects and these are pretty minor bugs so take a rest and when your feeling refreshed we can get into fixing them and working on ........
wink.gif

I'm in no rush and nobody else needs to be either so lets get this right.

@minjeeta
I don't have a clue about preloader, never looked into it or know what it is exactly. Lets see if anyone else can shed some light on it, when Don's ready, if nothing has been worked out maybe he will know how to check and fix the issue if its something that needs to be done
wink.gif

Glad most people have been using the loader with either small bugs or none at all and enjoying it. Yeah the length of game names issue is a pain but bear with it for a while and we will get round to fixing it, I promise. Until then keep enjoying it and leaving feedback, good or bad, as long as it's constructive.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hi cd, nice work on the blog, really. nice footage too
wink.gif

just to tell that i've fixed the game's lenght bug (aka pink/green bug when name contains more than 34 chars) but i can't upload it right now : expect it soon as alpha5

regarding the fact to download the 3d cover if it's not found, i'll work on it later and hopefully release it in alpha5 too.

@minjeeta:
i'll see what i can do about preloader as i have it installed and also what i might have messed up with the force video.
can you please name some games that were working on rev9a3 and no longer with rev9a4?
and also which systemmenu are you running? thx for helping.

off to bed for now, see you all later and keep on bringing the feedback stating your systemmenu (3.2e for example) and some of the games that are not working.

ewart475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Don & Cd Great Work wish i could help in some way but not really that good with coding and things

Ref 3D covers i added them manually just thought id throw another spanner in the works for the next alpha lol
No just thought it would be a good idea for a option but a nice wad for this app would be a nice little feature just so you can run it direct from the main menu (reason my son don't want him going into homebrew channel and bricking wii) just i could see a nice channel if you make it with your logo and images but never know maybe one day

Anyway thanks lads keep up with the bug fixing and i hear don has fixed the name length bug that was fast
bow.gif

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Morning Don
biggrin.gif

Nice work, that will hopefully stop a lot of the issues if not all of them and people can enjoy the loader without worrying about renaming games.

No rush for Rev9 - Alpha5 so yeah we can tweak some bits and get it right
wink.gif

With regards to getting a WAD made. I will speak to the guys and see if one of them would be interested in taking a bit of time out from .......
wink.gif
So keep your eyes peeled over today or tomorrow for an update on whether that will happen or not.

If anyone has tried out the widescreen versions please give some feedback as it would be nice to know if they are running properly.

Don, I will catch up with you today at some stage I am sure, same with the other guys. I had to leave some updates last night due to my internet crapping out on me and an early start today. So will catch up with some news for the blog then.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Oh and if anyone feels like taking a good quality video of the Rev9 - Alpha4 in action, feel free to do so and let me know and I will post it on the 1st post.

I can take footage but my camera isn't the clearest and so it's a little blurry. I have to fiddle with the shutter speed to stop the footage flickering and when I do that I lose focus for some reason. Until I figure it out, it would help if someone else can take some good footage and let me know.

Preferably in Dark
wink.gif
However the Light versions will do. Just show it booting up, scrolling through games and show the options screen. Needs to be someone who has the 3D covers working as that was an important update
tongue.gif
Maybe even show the auto download if you have a cover missing or something.

Anyhoo, cheers everyone.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if you know about it, but if you press left from the first game (in my case Animal Crossing) to go to the end of the list (in my case Zack and Wiki), everything breaks. (Though maybe that's the name too long bug instead).

I'm on cIOS rev10, 480p, widescreen, and didn't touch any of the settings in the config.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: they could have added 75,000 bc like assassins creed. zeal was already establish in 12, 000 bc...