Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DragTom70 said:
@cdreams: But then the title CoverFLOW is very irritating and there are already many other configurable loaders. Just showing three instead of one picture (one -1 one +1) is even in my coding capabilities.
Why is that? Just because it doesn't have the reflections, angled views and only shows two sizes (large for selected and small for others) doesn't mean the style doesn't draw inspiration from Coverflow...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Well right now the style is to look like Coverflow. As I said maybe when the main things are done, the loader can be added to and maybe reflections and movement can be added.

If anyone can do this feel free to help out, I'm sure Don wouldn't mind if someone has the coding skill to make it do it properly.

Give it a little time DragTom70 and maybe it will meet your expectations. You will probably see most loaders are designed for people with larger libraries. This was designed for people like me with much smaller ones. However I am hoping myself that maybe Don can integrate my scroll bar idea, if that is possible then it will cater to both groups, then it's just a case of other tweaks.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mb, I think that BGM is in Don's todo list, so expect news on it soon.

Just a quick update on what I am doing.

I am making icons for the settings page instead of the B button, and I'm hoping that Don at some stage will be able to include IR support for scrolling with the scrollbar and also to click the settings icon, which will slightly glow when highlighted.

I am about to make a dark and light version of the loader backgrounds for widescreen, again ready for when Don implements the option.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I second you CDreams! let's let Don Killah making his todo list, and then we'll see how the gui lib's fuctions could be implemented in a way to create a real FLOW of our Covers^^

@DragTom70: I'm as so impatient as you, can't wait lol! But, while waiting for a new release, i'm searching ideas or libs to reach THE ULTIMATE iTOUCH LOADER
wink.gif

AppleBelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DragTom70, The issue is the loader was progressing well, and when DK was starting to pick it up, between me and him it would had progressed so much further. However it might seem i have a real bone to pick with him, but cdreams basically ruined the other thread and he has managed to control this one and just get everyone to do what he wants, not what other people do. Sorry but this loader wont progress much whilst cdreams is here, and i wont work on it either.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@AB: I know you are part of this Coverflow loader project, and i understand (from a certain point of view...) your arguments. I think CDreams just want to give the best of him to upgrade this loader. So even if he was a little impatient (as most of us...^^), managing to control this thread is a important in orer to that everyone could easily follow the improvements!

And AppleBelly, i'm sure if you just give us a help-hand (coz you've got good ideas too...), when this loader will finally get a real FLOW effect,you'll just appreciate your efforts!

So pls let's all dig the Axe and look forewards
biggrin.gif

tommyv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C'mon guys, Apple belly, we need you man, you have talent and you with DK can really make something good out of this, this is my first post but I have been following this thread since the beginning, I know you and Cdreams had some trouble but, hey this is not about cdreams this is about creating what someday could be the best USB loader interface, is already looking great but Apple belly you have skill, you can take this to the next level and you know it, is not fair for people that you don't continue working on this because you had trouble with one person, there are many persons that that would be happy if you continue working on this (more than one).

Cdreams you know AB has talent and that he can take this to another level, you know we need him, so I don't know man I think it would be cool if you could talk to him or something

I think this is about working together and making something amazing, that should be our goal.

All i'm saying is that we appreciate your work apple belly and believe me cdreams does too, he is a little impatient and all but I know he was trying his best as you were too. SO right know I say AB is back on the team, ok?

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm.... couldnt you just simulate the transparent reflection? if you are planning on using a solid bg anyway... incorporate the main cover, reflection, and simm'd transparency in the same image... 1 big image, 1 small image, thats it.... i'm sure some of us photoshoppers can put our heads together and build an action/macro setup to automate this process
check my pic

test.png

btw... i dont feel like readin 27 pages to see what the drama is about... can someone get me up to speed? seems like either code guy or grafix guy is bein a little bitch... if so why???

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah but that would require everyone who uses this loader to make his or her own images, not really user friendly... it could be implemented, look at the coverflow demo in the other thread, but at it's current state, this loader isn't going to be able to things like this automagically, which doesn't make it really user friendly...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@tommyv

I agree with your 100%, I have tried to let it settle but AB keeps bringing it up on here and trying to make me out to be some kind of asshole.

The only thing I ever wanted was to make sure the loader looked correct and AB wasn't interested and there was a miscommunication. Fair enough. So after all that I left his thread and set up this one to get someone to work with me and together to get it looking and functioning properly. That was where DK came in.

Just so everyone knows, AB didn't want the Settings page, he wasn't interested and ignored the idea saying nobody wanted it. It was me who wanted a loader that was easy and intuitive to use and by having separate pages would allow that. Regarding the backgrounds, all I ever wanted was to have it lined up correctly. There are about 10 different loaders out there in the forum that have all the bels and whistles but none like this, that is why the visual side was so important.

When AB made the 7 version loader, which was based on my image, the original only had 3, he kept working on an older image that was out of proportion and the small placeholders were about 30% too small so when the images loaded it looked not like an actual case but just a flat image. I told him and he continually ignored me and everything else I tried to draw to his attention, then he started making out like I was impatient and arrogant.

I will agree I got impatient after he ignored about 10 pms and messages on the boards and kept saying it wasn't important. However he was incredibly ignorant and would not listen.

I tried to let this drop and he has on several occasions come on this thread that I started, and made me out to be a dick.

Yes I think him working with DK would benefit the loader, but you know what, DK has done great so far and on top of that he actually listens and works together. So I ask everyone on here is it me that is being difficult, I seem to work with DK perfectly fine, or was it AB who was acting like a spoilt little brat?

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm again.... how about an optional options screen.... agree to disagree... and suck it up... when this stuff happens everyone comes off lookin like a dick.... props to whoever came up with the loader idea... double props to whoever is makin it work.... everyone else can prettymuch suck it...

as far as the grafik with the reflection... i wasnt really assuming everyone would make their own... there is like 6 or so libs of covers going around now (big, small, tilted, disc art, etc) we just put together a library of covers that have the reflect built in...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
DJJayTee that is pretty much what I thought. By having the options page you don't have to deal with it if you know what is what. Once you have saved your config.txt you only ever really need to deal with the front page.

However I knew people still wanted all the bells and whistles and so DK has been adding to the list and functionality of the loader and so those who want all that only need to Press B.

I think that was a pretty reasonable ask, but like I say AB wasn't interested.

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty reasonable, i agree... if ya dont like it... dont look at it...

on a similar note...
i've been using ultimate usb loader (for no other reason than i have about 130 games and its faster to get thru the alphabet)
for about a week and i am sooo sick of the damn buttons shown on the screen... it makes sense for a day or 2 and then it just becomes annoying.... made my own bg... anyway...

might u guys consider making it easy on those of us with alot of games?
so i am guessing left/right advances game alphabetically... possible for up/down to advance by first letter???

ie. push down 5 times, now i see titles that start with "e"

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@DJJayTee

I have an idea that I am hoping DK can implement. See the 5 dots below the main image? Well hopefully if he can get IR support added, then when you hover over them the scroll bar would show, so it is invisible normally but would show when you hover over. Then when you press and hold A on it you can drag it to the left and right, the further you go towards either direction the faster the scroll becomes. Then when you get to where you want you just let go and the 5 dots re-center themselves under the main image and the scroll bar goes invisible again only leaving the 5 dots.

Hope that makes sense.

Now if Dk could also add it so where the game name shows above the main game, that when your scrolling it shows the alphabet letters so you know where you are letter wise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY