Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's great to see all the revisions in the Google Code page! Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what gitkua is brewing up!

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all, it seems that the new version of the wbfs manager 3.0 makes automatically channels with the bnr from the iso´s.

Why not to use the info of the bnr to animate the coverflow without the covers ? It would be much faster than loading covers from the SD and it would take less space on screen.

We can also imagine many things that combine bnr information and covers ...

Hibern

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nullkill said:
My project is Open source and always hiring
wink.gif
I won't start developping in this project because mine is more advanced so far (not for long, i guess!), and it has clean code (to my eyes, at least) which is easier to maintain.
Anyway, maybe i can help for the animation, doesn't look right to me.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ulysse57 said:
Hi all, it seems that the new version of the wbfs manager 3.0 makes automatically channels with the bnr from the iso´s.

Why not to use the info of the bnr to animate the coverflow without the covers ? It would be much faster than loading covers from the SD and it would take less space on screen.

We can also imagine many things that combine bnr information and covers ...
i posted this in an other thread you suggested this already but i'll post it again.

there is no way right now to display banners in homebrew applications right now. extraction is not the problem but displaying is. as soon as benzin gets ported to the wii you might see backuploaders with banner support but not at the moment.

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Screemer said:
I posted this in an other thread you suggested this already but i'll post it again.
Yes, there are so many loaders ...
wink.gif

QUOTE(Screemer @ May 1 2009, 12:12 AM) there is no way right now to display banners in homebrew applications right now. extraction is not the problem but displaying is. as soon as benzin gets ported to the wii you might see backuploaders with banner support but not at the moment.
I hope it will be soon possible.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Hibern said:
Nullkill said:
wink.gif
I won't start developping in this project because mine is more advanced so far (not for long, i guess!), and it has clean code (to my eyes, at least) which is easier to maintain.

when u slapping out a beta?

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't see Hibern's project until it's done and working 100%. That's why he said quick and dirty isn't the way to go....

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
Nullkill said:
wink.gif

Wow if thats the case; can't wait to see it. My animation looks great to me. Do you need some help getting rid of the bouncing in your youtube app?
wink.gif

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one appreciate Nullkill putting his project out for all to see while under development. It's a great way for a new Wii programmer like me to learn. I've been following allowing with the changes in the Google code project. Keep up the good work.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone brave enough to try a new release; some major changes went into svn today...

V3.X
+Added Auto Download of missing covers/disc images (Scognito)
+Added Install Game GUI (Click the PLUS button on the main screen to add a game)
+Added Working Scroll Bar
+Fixed Stretching of Covers

I'll cut an 'official' release tommorow, but figured anyone who wants to give it a good test can do so by building out of svn here: http://wiicoverflow.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
did they fix the 20 game thing yet about the covers .. just asking ,, keep up the good work guys .. best one out there

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lavamasta said:
put ocarina and everything else into it and it'll be the best gui out in my opinion
wink.gif

Fishears is working on ocarina; so hopefully that'll be in soon. Thanks for the love
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(djbubba2002 @ May 1 2009, 06:37 AM) did they fix the 20 game thing yet about the covers .. just asking ,, keep up the good work guys .. best one out there

Not yet; but that is next on my list of TODOs...

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wii froze on my first test of the install function.
although i rebooted wii and tried again, works ok.
install finished got a successfully completed screen that was garbled.
screen went all funky, then clicked ok. went back to loader screen was ok

great loader btw
smile.gif

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretender13 said:
wii froze on my first test of the install function.
although i rebooted wii and tried again, works ok.

great loader btw
smile.gif

Interesting; any more details on the freeze? Did it freeze at "Please wait..." ?

Just curious if its something I should look into... haven't had any problems here yet.

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
froze as i clicked on the + sign to install a game

and also after installed completed, the screen went all garbled, green bars, with static bars inbetween
but if you cancel and go back to loader screen is fixed, but if you click on install again, the screen is all
garbled again.

you can still see the ok and cancel images thou to get out of it.

the freezing only happened first time i clicked on install hasn't happened again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald