Content unlock thread (Amiibo, Street pass, Skylanders, ect.)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TheTrueDream42, May 11, 2016.

1. TheTrueDream42
    OP

TheTrueDream42 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    The purpose of this thread is basically a project page, or at least a discussion page, on unlocking all of the special content of a game (if possible) via save editors, cheat codes, HANS, custom made save, ect., though by default I will presume that only save editing or very basic level of other methods is possible. If there is any page on a game then I will list it here. So I just get started now:

Guide:

Green: Can/Has a permanent unlock for content
    Blue: Can/Has only have temporary unlockable, only some unlocked, has issues, is random or is just unknown
    Red: Can't be done or be practicable to do

Amiibo:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Street Pass:
    Spot Pass/WiFi:
    Other Region Exclusive Stuff/DLC:
    "Old Save Bonus" Games
    Hidden Stuff, Or Stuff-I-Would-Have-Never-Known-About Games
    Others (Skylanders, Themes, ect.)
    Useful Pages:

P.S. If your game has password or QR code feature, then just Google the game and the feature you want to find.

It is easy to list games with amiibo content, but listing games with worthwhile stuff is longer to list and harder to find. If you know of any, you see a mistake, or want to help please leave a commit below.

The worthwhile content that this thread is for do not include one-time bonuses of items/money that can be obtained in mas amount in-game, profile cards, restoring Japanese voice acting or anything similar. Rather it's for things that one would look at and whish they could have but can't get access to, something that may permanently give bonuses, or things that has been censored or region exclusive. (For local multiplayer game modes I can't help you there).

I am not responsible for anything that is done with this info or any damage that may come from it. All I do is provide info for people to then let them decide what to do with it.

A big Thank You to everyone who has helped with anything on this thread and threads linked.

Note: This page is a work in progress.

Edit: Added some amiibo, added useful pages, added other stuff.
    Edit2: Stuff from below, a small thanksthanks, animal crossing nl and a few minor fixes.
    Edit3: Pokémon ORAS and some changes.
    Edit4: Removed a lot of Streetpass stuff and added homepass (To myself: duh), added stuff to the others and useful pages section, and some minor and not so minor stuff.
    Edit5: Added info for upcoming games, Pokémon Dream Radar, another useful link and general cleaning.
    Edit5.1 Added a section for save game bonuses and hidden stuff for the things people who didn't look up their game would otherwise missed (Thread is all about getting the most out of your game after all)(And no, codes to unlock something early won't be included in this thread).
    Edit6: Added a link for MoldyClay64's page of amiibo games.

Last edited by TheTrueDream42, Jun 10, 2016

2. Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2014
    Villa Raíz (Hoenn)
    I like this threat, maybe in the future we can use a phone with NFC to use all amiibos.

TheTrueDream42 likes this.
  3. TheTrueDream42
    OP

TheTrueDream42 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    But I haven't gotten to the threats yet.

BerserkLeon likes this.
  4. windwakr

windwakr GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Picross 3D 2 has unlockable puzzles with Amiibo. It's easy to modify the save file to unlock them:

5. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    Out of curiosity, would it not be possible to write a NTR plugin that emulates scanning an Amiibo?

6. Spewpa

Spewpa Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Venezuela
    May I ask where is said editor for Animal Crossing: Happy Home designer? I'd love to unlock a couple characters.

7. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    I think it means save editing as in using a hex editor or that thing built into NTR.

8. Spewpa

Spewpa Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    Venezuela
    Well, a guide for doing thay also would be great!

9. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2014
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
    hmm... sounds great!

10. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    Kirby: Planet Robobot all amiibo abilities can be use with cheat codes (gw or ntr cheat plg)

11. justinbug2

justinbug2 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    link my dude? i really want to try ufo

12. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    speedfly.cn

13. justinbug2

justinbug2 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    can u send me the .plg i can not get these baidu sites working 0_0 please i dont want to add a phone number just for this

14. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    You don't need to.
    If you're having too much trouble, use Jdownloader and just copy the URL

15. justinbug2

justinbug2 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    but thats malware cant someone just pm me it

16. DarkCrudus

DarkCrudus The Ghost

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
  17. justinbug2

justinbug2 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
  18. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    Super Mario 3D Land has a temporary StreetPass feature.
    Is you pass by someone, the game may give you a Mystery Box or a Toad House. Of you pass by the same person multiple times, the prizes inside get better.

19. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
  20. TheTrueDream42
    OP

TheTrueDream42 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    Games like this is not quite the type for this thread, as the Street pass for that game just gives a one time gift of coins, power-ups and lives, which can all be obtained in-game (pretty easily in fact), and any games that only gives a profile card doesn't count either. The type of games that I want for the Street pass/Spot pass parts is for things that can't be obtained in-game or has a permanent effect like what I have listed above.

On another note, can the Street pass/Spot pass content be extracted from something like the extra data, if so that would just then be a matter of extracting and uploading them to cover most games (Games like SMT:IV has a one-time-use bit will except multiple hits with the same game and could just be reactivated before each game load).