XP
Country
Portugal
Dr. Clipper said:
pepxl said:
harmor said:
pepxl said:
harmor said:
Oggzee, can you write in the FAQs how to return the CFG instead of the the System Menu?
It'll be easier to link to the FAQ than typing out the steps to accomplish what the guy I'm quoting wants done.Install Priiloader and use the "Install File" option to install a CFG forwarder .dol, then set Priiloader to boot installed fileI think he's referring "return_to_channel" feature.
oh yes i see what you mean now lol, Priiloader would be the best way unless Oggzee can come up with some sort of stub placed in memory that is loaded on exit like HBC
That's exactly what the return_to_channel feature does. From README_CFG.txt:

# return_to_channel = [0], JODI, FDCL, ...
# Games will return to the selected channel ID
# e.g., JODI for HBC or a forwarder channel like FDCL or DCFG
# to reload Cfg.
# 0 is the default Wii Menu operation

And yeah, it is one of our most frequently asked questions, so I guess it makes sense to add it to the first post.

Edit: I just changed my tutorial page for the forwarder channel with some info about the option. We can just post this link from now on, I guess.
Thanks for all the help guys!
wink.gif

But the return_to_channel = JODI option doesn't seem to be working...
frown.gif

When I exit a game by pressing the Home button and selecting "Wii menu", it doesn't take me back to the Homebrew Channel but instead to the "Warning-Health and Safety" screen and then to the Wii Menu (like a Reset)...
blink.gif

Here's my config.txt from CFG USB Loader v59:
rolleyes.gif

CODE
theme = cfg_3D
device = usb
partition = FAT1
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = coverflow3d
gui_rows = 2
covers_path_2d = sd:/usb-loader/covers/2d
return_to_channel = JODI
background = background.png
wbackground = background_wide.png
background_base = bg_base.png
wbackground_base = bg_base.png
layout = large3
cover_style = 3d
Is this feature broken?
closedeyes.gif

Or did the HBC channel ID change?
wacko.gif

Or does this option only work when using a forwarder channel?
huh.gif

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, first thanks for this wonderful app. I just got my Wii and enjoy using a backup hard disk instead of starting my career as disc jockey!

But I have an annoying problem:
If I startup my Wii the cfg-Loader AND my external hard drive attached the loader freezes in the loading screen most of the time. Sometimes it just starts as it should (estimated 1 out of 10 tries).

Anyway: If I detach the usb drive at startup, wait for the loader counting up to 30 seconds while waiting for a mass storage device, and plug it in then, anything works fine.

Same if I exit a game:
I configured Priiloader to return to cfg-USB-Loader. It will again hang most of the times when the hard drive is attached, and will work if plugging the hard disk later.

My environment:
Wii: 4,2E, using Priiloader starting directly into cfg-USB-Loader (also tried it thru Homebrew & Wii-Menu)
many cfg-USB-Loader Versions tried from 57x to 60x
using a cIOS 222, also tried 249
harddisk is 120GB FAT32 with WBFS-Folder

Hope I gave you enough details, as I am new to the topic I apologize beforehand for (eventually) dumb questions.

Question is:
* is this a known problem and how can I solve it?
* is there a way to get some debug output of cfg-USB-Loader to see what is happening?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Florian.

--- edit ---
missed information for harddisk: 120GB FAT32

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
celeb23 said:
The HOME button only takes me to the SYSTEM MENU when I am in the UNLOCKED mode and viewing a menu. I would like the HOME button to take me to the SYSTEM MENU throughout Configurable USB Loader. Is this possible?

I run Priiloader 0.4 with Autoboot Narolez Forwarder DOL to Cfg 59 with the following Config file:

Thanks in advance!
It only works while in unlocked mode? That's strange. Do you perhaps have a button_H option hiding in the theme.txt for your chosen theme? Or maybe you have an additional config.txt which is also being used? You can check if you have an additional config.txt in the info on the global options page (push 1 twice).

What does Cfg do when you push Home outside of the menus?

When I push Home outside of the menus it reboots the Wii and Priiloader sends me back to Cfg via the forwarder. Its like it doesn't get the magic word.

I checked the theme.txt and for a second config.txt, no luck. Are my settings in Priiloader okay with Autoboot: Installed File and Return To: Autoboot? Also, could it be the actual Forwarder I am using? I tried BadUncles and Narolez with the same result.

Thanks again!

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
gizmomelb said:
the HBC channel ID changed
I managed to find the new HBC v1.0.8 Channel ID's hex code!
rolleyes.gif

But I'm not sure an option likeconfig.txtreturn_to_channel = 0x????????
would work...
unsure.gif

Any solution for this?
huh.gif

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laggflor said:
Hi, first thanks for this wonderful app. I just got my Wii and enjoy using a backup hard disk instead of starting my career as disc jockey!

But I have an annoying problem:
If I startup my Wii the cfg-Loader AND my external hard drive attached the loader freezes in the loading screen most of the time. Sometimes it just starts as it should (estimated 1 out of 10 tries).

Anyway: If I detach the usb drive at startup, wait for the loader counting up to 30 seconds while waiting for a mass storage device, and plug it in then, anything works fine.

Same if I exit a game:
I configured Priiloader to return to cfg-USB-Loader. It will again hang most of the times when the hard drive is attached, and will work if plugging the hard disk later.

My environment:
Wii: 4,2E, using Priiloader starting directly into cfg-USB-Loader (also tried it thru Homebrew & Wii-Menu)
many cfg-USB-Loader Versions tried from 57x to 60x
using a cIOS 222, also tried 249
harddisk is 120GB FAT32 with WBFS-Folder

Hope I gave you enough details, as I am new to the topic I apologize beforehand for (eventually) dumb questions.

Question is:
* is this a known problem and how can I solve it?
* is there a way to get some debug output of cfg-USB-Loader to see what is happening?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Florian.

--- edit ---
missed information for harddisk: 120GB FAT32
What hard drive do you have? Have you tried other USB Loaders to see if you get the same problem?

QUOTEI configured Priiloader to return to cfg-USB-Loader. It will again hang most of the times when the hard drive is attached, and will work if plugging the hard disk later.
You do not need to do this now. Go to SDroot:\usb-loader\config.txt. Add return_to_channel = . I think the only way to find the Channel ID for the CFG forwarder is to use AnyTitle Deleter Mod.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to show the Forwarder ID on the splash screen when launching CFG?
This would make it easier to help those wanting to use "return_to_channel".

We can tell them to launch CFG via their forwarder and look for four letter at the top-right of the screen.
Go to SDRoot:\usb-loader\config.txt. Add "return_to_channel = ".

Edit:
I was just thinking you can pass it as an argument. ex(forwarderid = FDCL). You can go to Global Options to see the forwarder ID (or wherever the devs choose to display the ID.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v60b4 (beta)
cfg60b4.dol
cfg60b4-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v60b4 (beta)
* Fixed SSBB+ SD card
* New option value: partition = auto
Will select first valid from: WBFS1, FAT1, NTFS1
FAT or NTFS partition will only be valid if the /wbfs folder exists

SSBB fix untested, please test.

the partition = auto will most likely become the default in the next release.

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hallo, I'm sure this must be somewhere inside the +600 pages here and a quick search hasn't turned out anything enlightening.
I'm running wbfs_file in mac os, so the output is just the wbfs file (2 in this case, since it's an 8gb game, metroid other m) into my wbfs folder inside the fat drive i'm using with cfg loader. So,i get the two files, and then proceed to make a folder for them, with the name and the code id, and put the files inside, the thing is, it doesn't show up in cfg loader, so that must mean the folder name must be incorrect, what's the right way to create that folder:

Code:
 Metroid_other m  ??
Metroid_ other m [code]  ??

I ask because in my wbfs folder there's a mixture of these combinations, but they all work and show up in my game list

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
cfg v60b4 (beta)
cfg60b4.dol
cfg60b4-222.dol
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v60b4 (beta)
* Fixed SSBB+ SD card

Dear Oggzee.... I have no words to thank you and all the other developers...

Cambo

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
simonarturo said:
Hallo, I'm sure this must be somewhere inside the +600 pages here and a quick search hasn't turned out anything enlightening.
I'm running wbfs_file in mac os, so the output is just the wbfs file (2 in this case, since it's an 8gb game, metroid other m) into my wbfs folder inside the fat drive i'm using with cfg loader. So,i get the two files, and then proceed to make a folder for them, with the name and the code id, and put the files inside, the thing is, it doesn't show up in cfg loader, so that must mean the folder name must be incorrect, what's the right way to create that folder:

Code:
 Metroid_other m  ??

I ask because in my wbfs folder there's a mixture of these combinations, but they all work and show up in my game list[/quote]

The answer is in the first post of this thread under the FAT FAQ:
Q: I have copied the .iso/.wbfs files to my usb drive but the loader doesn't see them?

Or in the README, line 108.

btw, what is the exact full path name that you have used?

Also, wbfs_file can create the appropriate dir name too, which is i think also the default if you use wbfs_file 2.9
(look at wbfs_file eradme or -h help -l X option)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cambric said:
oggzee said:
cfg v60b4 (beta)

Dear Oggzee.... I have no words to thank you and all the other developers...
Cambo
Let me know if it works
wink.gif

Note that if the global settings have been saved the partition selection is already in settings.cfg and that will be used.
So partition=auto is mostly useful for first time users, who haven't selected and saved global settings yet.

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
oggzee said:
simonarturo said:

Code:
 Metroid_other m  ??

I ask because in my wbfs folder there's a mixture of these combinations, but they all work and show up in my game list[/quote]

The answer is in the first post of this thread under the FAT FAQ:
Q: I have copied the .iso/.wbfs files to my usb drive but the loader doesn't see them?

Or in the README, line 108.

btw, what is the exact full path name that you have used?

Also, wbfs_file can create the appropriate dir name too, which is i think also the default if you use wbfs_file 2.9
(look at wbfs_file eradme or -h help -l X option)
[/quote]

Right! thanks for that, I'm still very very new to using wbfs_file and in mac os it just got more complicated (at least for me) so setting things up is complicated. The problem seemed to be that the output wbfs file had the full name of the iso, instead of just the id, so it wasn't recognized, the actual folder name was ok.

Thnaks for the quick answer oggzee!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
simonarturo said:
Right! thanks for that, I'm still very very new to using wbfs_file and in mac os it just got more complicated (at least for me) so setting things up is complicated. The problem seemed to be that the output wbfs file had the full name of the iso, instead of just the id, so it wasn't recognized, the actual folder name was ok.
Thnaks for the quick answer oggzee!
Hmm, did you rename the .wbfs file afterwards, or did you also specify the destination name?
Because using just:
wbfs_file filename.iso
will create the correct destination .wbfs file name automatically.
Or this:
wbfs_file filename.iso convert /destination/directory/
will also create a proper .wbfs name.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm testing the partition = auto, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I've tried changing the partition value to auto in settings.cfg, removing the value there and adding it into config.txt, but each time I get a stack dump after the intro screen.

80aa8ef4 80aad9bc 80ea4c60 80ea8504
80af5624 80a803a4 80b72158 80b720f4

tnothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey oggzee, I'm still using the .49 version and while my USB port 0 doesn't work, I'm stuck to this sollution:
http://gbatemp.net/t196997-usb-port-1-options?&st=0

I was worried that the older version might not work with some games. I tried updating it directly, but I guess the .59 doesn't read the ehcmodule4.elf as the old one used to, because it can't recognize my HD anymore. Is there any to make new versions work again for port 1? Thx in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!