Hacking Configurable USB Loader

rolandde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a mildly annoying problem that recently started happening. When the loader starts, contact is lost with the Wiimote and after pressing A it takes about 20 sec for a connection to be made. Any easy explanation and fix for this?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
rolandde said:
I have a mildly annoying problem that recently started happening. When the loader starts, contact is lost with the Wiimote and after pressing A it takes about 20 sec for a connection to be made. Any easy explanation and fix for this?
no idea
frown.gif

maybe try different cios 249/222 ...

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have the devs of CFG Loader considered compatibility of games stored in the same format that is needed to play them with SNEEK/UNEEK + DI? Those games are basically all the individual files in their folders on a USB drive in FAT format. The advantage to such compatibility goes beyond the obvious in that it allows you to replace game files with custom ones, thus having a Riivolution-like function (users will have to backup the originals somewhere). The downside to this is that the program that "installs" the game takes a fairly long time to finish. You can use ModMii to install the game, which will get the program and run it automatically.

YuriCPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do I need to do anything special to get SSBB working? Besides Metroid Trilogy, that's the only game that isn't working for me.
SSBB just freezes in the beggining and Metroid freezes during the Loading screen (I need to use the alt. dol method)
I'm using CFG 60b CIOXrev20 and 222v4 with 1TB FAT32.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
YuriCPS said:
Do I need to do anything special to get SSBB working? Besides Metroid Trilogy, that's the only game that isn't working for me.
SSBB just freezes in the beggining and Metroid freezes during the Loading screen (I need to use the alt. dol method)
Try deleting SSBB and ripping it from the disc again.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some strange reason i cant get brawl plus working via config loader.. it is black screening me when i try to load it, it worked no problem before and nothing at all changed.. still using r59 as i have been, but now brawl plus wont load .. brawl with no codes will load up, other games with codes will load up, i cant figure out why the sudden death for no reason.. the gameconfig file is still on the sd card, all the files are there ( i can run brawl plus in riivolution still ), so why the sudden death in config loader? what could have gone wrong?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
GolfDude said:
for some strange reason i cant get brawl plus working via config loader.. it is black screening me when i try to load it, it worked no problem before and nothing at all changed.. still using r59 as i have been, but now brawl plus wont load .. brawl with no codes will load up, other games with codes will load up, i cant figure out why the sudden death for no reason.. the gameconfig file is still on the sd card, all the files are there ( i can run brawl plus in riivolution still ), so why the sudden death in config loader? what could have gone wrong?
Are you sure you haven't updated anything in between? Maybe cios or the loader?
Maybe try running a disk check in windows for both the usb hdd and the sd card.
Or maybe try downgrading cfg to some older version.
I have no other ideas what could be wrong.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr. Clipper said:
YuriCPS said:
Try deleting SSBB and ripping it from the disc again.

I try to run metroid OM with rev20 in slot250 with CFG58 (57 as base) in wbfs partition and then freeze in the video after de 1st boss. With rev17 and CFG59 no problems in 4 hours of gameplay with the same rip.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Something went wrong today, after i updated to CFG 60b and played a game.

After this i started getting this error.

*Error: could not open play_rec.dat (-106)

Error storing playlog file.
Start from the Wii Menu to fix.

I tried go back to previous versions and it still remains.

EDIT
Could fix it by turning off playlog, start a game, and then turn it back on. Will test 60b again later.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi to you people.

I have a doubt about covers url.

After reading the readme I came with three questions:

1. If I change the ID6 from this address:

http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID6}.png

to ID3

http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID3}.png

what will happen? It means that instead of looking for a six digit code the loader will seek for the first three digits or it isn't that way?

2. What does {PUB} means? and how does it works exactly P{PUB} vs E{PUB}

3. How do I prevent the loader from downloading disc covers or another type of cover that I don't want?

thank you.

Cybero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

can someone explain me how to launch the configurable usb loader with priiloader ?
I searched but not found
The forwarder on the the first post of the tpic doesn't work

please help
mellow.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
Something went wrong today, after i updated to CFG 60b and played a game.

After this i started getting this error.

*Error: could not open play_rec.dat (-106)

Error storing playlog file.
Start from the Wii Menu to fix.

I tried go back to previous versions and it still remains.

EDIT
Could fix it by turning off playlog, start a game, and then turn it back on. Will test 60b again later.
Yes, that option relates to the playlogging feature. How are you starting Cfg? You have to go to the Wii Menu between games for the play log to work.

QUOTE(lex luthor @ Sep 10 2010, 02:51 AM) Hi to you people.

I have a doubt about covers url.

After reading the readme I came with three questions:

1. If I change the ID6 from this address:

http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID6}.png

to ID3

http://wiitdb.com/wiitdb/artwork/coverfull/{CC}/{ID3}.png

what will happen? It means that instead of looking for a six digit code the loader will seek for the first three digits or it isn't that way?

2. What does {PUB} means? and how does it works exactly P{PUB} vs E{PUB}

3. How do I prevent the loader from downloading disc covers or another type of cover that I don't want?

thank you.
{PUB} translates to the last 2 characters of {ID6} just like how {ID3} translates to the first 3. It's probably best explained by an example:

Let's say you had the US version of Super Mario Galaxy which has the ID RMGE01.

Now {ID6} will become RMGE01, {ID3} will become RMG, {PUB} will become 01 and hence {ID3}P{PUB} would be RMGP01. This last one is the PAL ID for the game, as most games from different regions only differ in the fourth character.

Note that if you are using this to access WiiTDB, you also need to change the {CC} code to something else. US region games use "US" for that section, but PAL games use "EN" for English, or other codes for other languages.

There are two ways to stop the loader downloading unwanted images. The first is to set download_all_styles=0, which will make Cfg only download those styles in use by your current gui_style and theme's cover_style. The second is to remove all download urls for those cover types you don't want. Just having cover_url_disc= will do that (or use an empty box when using the Configurator).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v60b2 (beta)
cfg60b2.dol
cfg60b2-222.dol
lang60b2.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v60b2 (beta)
* New option value: install_partitions = iso
On NTFS it creates an exact dump to an iso file
On WBFS/FAT it will behave same as 1:1

UNTESTED - again, sorry but didn't have time to test this, so let me know if it works or not...

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Yes, that option relates to the playlogging feature. How are you starting Cfg? You have to go to the Wii Menu between games for the play log to work.

BootMii (boot2) to HBC and start CFG Loader from there is my startup sequence.

However since you cant go back from a game to HBC or CFG Loader its almost reboot or to Wii Menu.

Anyways its fixed now, and if it happens again i can easily fix it again.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
cfg v60b2 (beta)
* New option value: install_partitions = iso
On NTFS it creates an exact dump to an iso file
On WBFS/FAT it will behave same as 1:1

UNTESTED - again, sorry but didn't have time to test this, so let me know if it works or not...

Oggzee,

Tried a few games and getting stack dumps on NTFS install. I get up to pressing A to install/continue, starts installing, then dumps. It does create the directory name, and the iso, however it's 0B...

Stack Dump:

80af839c > 80af8320 > 80af7280 > 80ae4158
80ae83f4 > 80ae8654 > 80af55bc >80a803a4
80b71ea8

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
Dr. Clipper said:

BootMii (boot2) to HBC and start CFG Loader from there is my startup sequence.

However since you cant go back from a game to HBC or CFG Loader its almost reboot or to Wii Menu.

Anyways its fixed now, and if it happens again i can easily fix it again.
Right. If you want to continue using the boot2->HBC path, you will need to make sure you always quit back to the Wii Menu when finishing a game (don't just turn off the Wii). Otherwise, each new game that you play will overwrite the previous game with nothing going to the log. The error you discuss comes up sometimes when you don't have the play log file already (which is created by the Wii Menu when it launches things), so you might need to launch something (any channel) before turning off the Wii too.

It's probably a lot easier just to let boot2 autoboot to the Wii Menu and use a forwarder channel to start Cfg.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey oggzee i may have found some more info on my brawl plus issue that you might want to know..

i updated to 60b2 today, and everything seemed fine, sd card is read by the wii and all is good, i go into smash bros, but smash bros doesnt see my sd card at all nor does it load my codes..

i reverted back to rev59, and smash was able to read my sd card and the codeset worked again..

it looks like something in your latest test builds for 60 is breaking sd reading somehow in the game.. how else can you explain it working in rev59, but not 60 or 60b or b2

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
GolfDude said:
hey oggzee i may have found some more info on my brawl plus issue that you might want to know..

i updated to 60b2 today, and everything seemed fine, sd card is read by the wii and all is good, i go into smash bros, but smash bros doesnt see my sd card at all nor does it load my codes..

i reverted back to rev59, and smash was able to read my sd card and the codeset worked again..

it looks like something in your latest test builds for 60 is breaking sd reading somehow in the game.. how else can you explain it working in rev59, but not 60 or 60b or b2
Yep, that's why oggzee asked you to test previous versions of Cfg. Now we know where the problem occurred and can fix it.

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The HOME button only takes me to the SYSTEM MENU when I am in the UNLOCKED mode and viewing a menu. I would like the HOME button to take me to the SYSTEM MENU throughout Configurable USB Loader. Is this possible?

I run Priiloader 0.4 with Autoboot Narolez Forwarder DOL to Cfg 59 with the following Config file:

gui = start
gui_lock = 1
clock_style = 12am
simple = 1
confirm_start = 1
unlock_password = BUDAH12
disable_remove = 1
disable_install = 1
disable_format = 1
admin_unlock = 1
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/covers/full
music = usb:/usb-loader/music
home = wii_menu

Priiloader Setup:
Autoboot: Installed File
Return To: Autoboot

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
celeb23 said:
The HOME button only takes me to the SYSTEM MENU when I am in the UNLOCKED mode and viewing a menu. I would like the HOME button to take me to the SYSTEM MENU throughout Configurable USB Loader. Is this possible?

I run Priiloader 0.4 with Autoboot Narolez Forwarder DOL to Cfg 59 with the following Config file:

Thanks in advance!
It only works while in unlocked mode? That's strange. Do you perhaps have a button_H option hiding in the theme.txt for your chosen theme? Or maybe you have an additional config.txt which is also being used? You can check if you have an additional config.txt in the info on the global options page (push 1 twice).

What does Cfg do when you push Home outside of the menus?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!