simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
oggzee said:
simonarturo said:
Right! thanks for that, I'm still very very new to using wbfs_file and in mac os it just got more complicated (at least for me) so setting things up is complicated. The problem seemed to be that the output wbfs file had the full name of the iso, instead of just the id, so it wasn't recognized, the actual folder name was ok.
Thnaks for the quick answer oggzee!
Hmm, did you rename the .wbfs file afterwards, or did you also specify the destination name?
Because using just:
wbfs_file filename.iso
will create the correct destination .wbfs file name automatically.
Or this:
wbfs_file filename.iso convert /destination/directory/
will also create a proper .wbfs name.

In the end I had to rename the file manually, but it worked perfectly
The way point out is just how it works when I use wbfs_file in windows, but with Mac Os, both Leopard and Snow Leopard, simply using wbfs_file ends up with a Terminal window opening and then finishing the process by itself. So I can't use it just like that. I had to make a script file, so that it will convert all iso files from a folder into the destination folder in the external hdd, but i must have fucked up somewhere and specified that the wbfs file ended up with the full name instead of just the ID

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
tnothing said:
Hey oggzee, I'm still using the .49 version and while my USB port 0 doesn't work, I'm stuck to this sollution:
http://gbatemp.net/t196997-usb-port-1-options?&st=0

I was worried that the older version might not work with some games. I tried updating it directly, but I guess the .59 doesn't read the ehcmodule4.elf as the old one used to, because it can't recognize my HD anymore. Is there any to make new versions work again for port 1? Thx in advance
Sorry but cfg 59+ doesn't support the external ehcmodule anymore.
However a proper usb port 1 support is planned in the future, hopefully soon.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
buddy said:
I'm testing the partition = auto, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I've tried changing the partition value to auto in settings.cfg, removing the value there and adding it into config.txt, but each time I get a stack dump after the intro screen.
80aa8ef4 80aad9bc 80ea4c60 80ea8504
80af5624 80a803a4 80b72158 80b720f4
Thanks for the report i will look into it!

QUOTE(GolfDude @ Sep 10 2010, 10:33 PM) 60b4 has indeed fixed the sd card issue in brawl.. all is working again!
Thanks for the confirmation!
smile.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
XICO2KX said:
Is this feature broken?
closedeyes.gif

Or did the HBC channel ID change?
wacko.gif

Or does this option only work when using a forwarder channel?
huh.gif

The channel ID changed, as mentioned by the others. When this happened, I added support for hex codes in Cfg. The new method to access the HBC is:
return_to_channel=AF1BF516

celeb23 said:
When I push Home outside of the menus it reboots the Wii and Priiloader sends me back to Cfg via the forwarder. Its like it doesn't get the magic word.

I checked the theme.txt and for a second config.txt, no luck. Are my settings in Priiloader okay with Autoboot: Installed File and Return To: Autoboot? Also, could it be the actual Forwarder I am using? I tried BadUncles and Narolez with the same result.

Thanks again!
There's no difference to how the magic word is handled, so I don't know what's going on. I'll keep looking, though. Can anybody else please confirm if the Priiloader magic words are working for them still (I don't have Priiloader myself)?

QUOTE(harmor @ Sep 11 2010, 12:17 AM)
Is it possible to show the Forwarder ID on the splash screen when launching CFG?
This would make it easier to help those wanting to use "return_to_channel".

We can tell them to launch CFG via their forwarder and look for four letter at the top-right of the screen.
Go to SDRoot:\usb-loader\config.txt. Add "return_to_channel = ".

Edit:
I was just thinking you can pass it as an argument. ex(forwarderid = FDCL). You can go to Global Options to see the forwarder ID (or wherever the devs choose to display the ID.
No, it's not possible as the forwarder doesn't tell us what its ID was. You need to contact the author of the forwarder or find the original file. Almost all forwarders have their ID indicated in the download file you used to install it (perhaps in a README).

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v60b5 (beta)
cfg60b5.dol
cfg60b5-222.dol
lang60b5.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v60b5 (beta)
* Fixed: partition = auto
partition = auto is now the default value
for both normal .dol and -222.dol

Sorry for all the bugs lately, I just didn't have time to test stuff properly lately. Well at least they got fixed quickly. Thanks for testing for me
wink.gif

I consider this one a release candidate if no other problems are found.
Btw, the new default value of partition=auto should not affect existing installs, since a value in config.txt or a saved setting will be used.

buddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow nice! Fast with those fixes... Took the partition entry out of the settings.cfg (did not add to config.txt) and started the loader, detected the NTFS drive partition perfectly and instantly - On save of global settings, added the
partition = NTFS1 value to the settings.cfg fine . Can't speak to FAT or WBFS as not using those on the drive, but would think they should also be working now. Thanks.

Also could someone provide some more info on how the norecover option works? If this detects an issue, does it just not mount the drive, and if so, does it produce some sort of message to the user to check the disc?

There's also a very minor UI issue that I want to ask about, and didn't see in any of the reported issues. Nothing to do with any of the new changes, has been around for a while. When in a coverflow mode, when still, the game title is displayed centered across the screen, but when moving left or right the game title(s) shifts to the left and then return to center when stopped (at least on a 4:3 screen anyway). Not sure why this bothers me sometimes lol...just wondering if this is something that would be quick to fix - to keep title centered while scrolling - that might get thrown in for the release. Again, it's really not a problem, just thought I'd trow it out there.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
buddy said:
Wow nice! Fast with those fixes... Took the partition entry out of the settings.cfg (did not add to config.txt) and started the loader, detected the NTFS drive partition perfectly and instantly - On save of global settings, added the
partition = NTFS1 value to the settings.cfg fine . Can't speak to FAT or WBFS as not using those on the drive, but would think they should also be working now. Thanks.

Also could someone provide some more info on how the norecover option works? If this detects an issue, does it just not mount the drive, and if so, does it produce some sort of message to the user to check the disc?

There's also a very minor UI issue that I want to ask about, and didn't see in any of the reported issues. Nothing to do with any of the new changes, has been around for a while. When in a coverflow mode, when still, the game title is displayed centered across the screen, but when moving left or right the game title(s) shifts to the left and then return to center when stopped (at least on a 4:3 screen anyway). Not sure why this bothers me sometimes lol...just wondering if this is something that would be quick to fix - to keep title centered while scrolling - that might get thrown in for the release. Again, it's really not a problem, just thought I'd trow it out there.
norecover does give a warning message if the journal was not correctly closed.

I've brought up the scrolling title position with usptactical before, and it is purposeful, I just can't remember why. Perhaps he'll pop in and remind us
smile.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@buddy:

The message is:

ERROR: ntfs was not cleanly unmounted

And the filesystem is not mounted, so you have to check it using windows.
That's how it's coded, I'm not sure if we tested this
wink.gif

About coverflow, it's intentional, so that you can quickly see approximately where in the alphabet is the current selection, because you can clearly see the first few letters, because they don't change position. The titles move fast that it would be hard to tell if they were not aligned.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redundant request: In the part of the loader where you select: genre, controllers, etc could we have to the side a little bracket ([]) with the amount of games in that section. For example

Adventure [4]
Simulation [1]
Sports [10]
Nunchuck [2]

Just an idea.

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, and thanks for your offer to help.

harmor said:
What hard drive do you have? Have you tried other USB Loaders to see if you get the same problem?
It's a Datalux-Case, the hard disk is reported as TOSHIBA MK1234GAX USB Device to Windows.
Which hard disk is supported best (in case I want to buy a new one later)?

I found something...
I had some Forwarder-ISO's (like for the Weather channel) installed that didn't work. They failed to load, cfg-Loader asked me to press any key to continue. This didn't work because the Wii freezes here.
After that (and after resetting the Wii) the cfg-Loader ALWAYS freezes with the disk attached.
Since I know that I deleted these forwarders. Now it hangs seldom (if not never, don't know that right now). So for now I think this fixed it.

QUOTEI configured Priiloader to return to cfg-USB-Loader. It will again hang most of the times when the hard drive is attached, and will work if plugging the hard disk later.
You do not need to do this now. Go to SDroot:\usb-loader\config.txt. Add return_to_channel = . I think the only way to find the Channel ID for the CFG forwarder is to use AnyTitle Deleter Mod.

Didn't got that to work. Well, using the Priiloader method works for me anyhow.
Is there any possibility to get to the Wii-System-Menu or the Homebrew Channel using an custom ISO?
BTW: Is there any possibility to get to the WiFi-Settings which I often use because I travel a lot with my Wii?

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Another Question (therefore another Post): maybe a feature request :-)

Is it possible to use more that two users?

I mean now I can have the standard (simple) user without password, and another admin-user which may do anything and must login.
I want to have another user which may see ALL games (deactivated parentereal control) BUT may not delete games or so.

As I see this isn't possible currently. Right?
I would greatly appreciate that feature. Thanks in advance anyhow.

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dr. Clipper said:
XICO2KX said:
Is this feature broken?
closedeyes.gif

Or did the HBC channel ID change?
wacko.gif

Or does this option only work when using a forwarder channel?
huh.gif
The channel ID changed, as mentioned by the others. When this happened, I added support for hex codes in Cfg. The new method to access the HBC is:
return_to_channel=AF1BF516
Cool!
biggrin.gif
That was exactly what I was looking for!
wink.gif

Thank you very much, Dr. Clipper!
yaywii.gif

By the way, maybe someone should add this information to the "return_to_channel" option description in the README_CFG.txt file!
rolleyes.gif

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
laggflor said:
Jabe said:
Hi!

I would like to know what are cfg60t1, cfg60t2, cfg60t3 for?
you mean cfg60b1, ...

Version 60, Beta 1.
Developers use beta versions to show users that these versions *might* be buggy.
Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_version#Beta

Is this what you meaned?

No, thanks but I know what Beta versions are, I mean on Google Code site there are new versions:
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downlo...ame=cfg60t3.dol
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downlo...ame=cfg60t2.dol
http://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader/downlo...ame=cfg60t1.dol
I knew "A" for Alpha version, B for "Beta", RC for "Release Candidate", but what's "t"?
Tera?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Jabe said:
Hi!
They are test versions, for a problem someone found that sd cards without a partition table but with a filesystem on a raw device won't get mounted. A fix is in the works. Test versions usually have additional debugging and are intended for specific persons and problems. Please don't use unless requested.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
Jabe said:
Hi!
They are test versions, for a problem someone found that sd cards without a partition table but with a filesystem on a raw device won't get mounted. A fix is in the works. Test versions usually have additional debugging and are intended for specific persons and problems. Please don't use unless requested.

All right it might explain why I had errors when starting game from SD too.

I had this:
ios (222) mload
ERROR: setting up fragments 0 3
ID mismatch: [SMNP01] []
ERROR: SetWBFS: -3

But then after going back to Wii menu and trying to boot cfg from Wii Menu several times it worked (but it crashed at least 5 time before working properly).

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
*** BUG REPORT ***

This morning I made a fresh new installation of cfgloader v59 on my SD card. First thing I did after launching the fresh installation for the first time was to download all covers for my games (57). At aroung the 15th game, cfg-loader stopped downloading. I rested the Wii and then the SD card couldn't be recognise anymore. Few troubleshooting later I came with to the conclusion that the SD card simply died as it was not working on any computer I have.

Then again, I made a fresh installation on my usb hdd (fat32) and started the process of downloading the covers again only to have cfg-loader hanging at around the same point. Resteted the Wii 3 times, now the usb hdd couldn't be recognise anymore. Hoping the same didn't happen to my usb hdd, I plug it into my computer and it was fine (thank god).

In the end, I managed to download all my covers using cfg-loader, but I had to shut down the Wii 3 times as cfg-loader hung 3 times while downloading the covers. Each time, a simple reset of the Wii didn't work, I also had to manually shut down the usb hdd using the on/off switch or else the Wii would never recognise it (hbc or any app launched using a forwarder).

My system:
CFG Loader v59-222
4.2U (from 3.4U updated normally)
cIOSx Rev19 (default base)
Hermes cIOS 5.1 (default base)

More troubleshooting can be done if needed.

Pip'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D