Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
laggflor said:
Didn't got that to work. Well, using the Priiloader method works for me anyhow.
Is there any possibility to get to the Wii-System-Menu or the Homebrew Channel using an custom ISO?
BTW: Is there any possibility to get to the WiFi-Settings which I often use because I travel a lot with my Wii?
There's no way to get directly to the WiFi settings. You can launch any channel ID you have installed on your Wii when you exit, though. Just use home=XXXX to return from Cfg to an alternate channel or return_to_channel=XXXX to make games return to an alternate channel. You can also make Cfg exit to the Wii Menu or Priiloader by using home=wii_menu or home=priiloader respectively.

QUOTE(Pippin666 @ Sep 12 2010, 04:59 AM) *** BUG REPORT ***

This morning I made a fresh new installation of cfgloader v59 on my SD card. First thing I did after launching the fresh installation for the first time was to download all covers for my games (57). At aroung the 15th game, cfg-loader stopped downloading. I rested the Wii and then the SD card couldn't be recognise anymore. Few troubleshooting later I came with to the conclusion that the SD card simply died as it was not working on any computer I have.

Then again, I made a fresh installation on my usb hdd (fat32) and started the process of downloading the covers again only to have cfg-loader hanging at around the same point. Resteted the Wii 3 times, now the usb hdd couldn't be recognise anymore. Hoping the same didn't happen to my usb hdd, I plug it into my computer and it was fine (thank god).

In the end, I managed to download all my covers using cfg-loader, but I had to shut down the Wii 3 times as cfg-loader hung 3 times while downloading the covers. Each time, a simple reset of the Wii didn't work, I also had to manually shut down the usb hdd using the on/off switch or else the Wii would never recognise it (hbc or any app launched using a forwarder).

My system:
CFG Loader v59-222
4.2U (from 3.4U updated normally)
cIOSx Rev19 (default base)
Hermes cIOS 5.1 (default base)

More troubleshooting can be done if needed.

Pip'
Sounds like a hard drive issue. Perhaps it's going to sleep?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Pippin666 said:
Few troubleshooting later I came with to the conclusion that the SD card simply died as it was not working on any computer I have.
Formatting the sd card on a PC doesn't help?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
Pippin666 said:
*** BUG REPORT ***

This morning I made a fresh new installation of cfgloader v59 on my SD card. First thing I did after launching the fresh installation for the first time was to download all covers for my games (57). At aroung the 15th game, cfg-loader stopped downloading. I rested the Wii and then the SD card couldn't be recognise anymore. Few troubleshooting later I came with to the conclusion that the SD card simply died as it was not working on any computer I have.

Then again, I made a fresh installation on my usb hdd (fat32) and started the process of downloading the covers again only to have cfg-loader hanging at around the same point. Resteted the Wii 3 times, now the usb hdd couldn't be recognise anymore. Hoping the same didn't happen to my usb hdd, I plug it into my computer and it was fine (thank god).

In the end, I managed to download all my covers using cfg-loader, but I had to shut down the Wii 3 times as cfg-loader hung 3 times while downloading the covers. Each time, a simple reset of the Wii didn't work, I also had to manually shut down the usb hdd using the on/off switch or else the Wii would never recognise it (hbc or any app launched using a forwarder).

My system:
CFG Loader v59-222
4.2U (from 3.4U updated normally)
cIOSx Rev19 (default base)
Hermes cIOS 5.1 (default base)

More troubleshooting can be done if needed.

Pip'
Sounds like a hard drive issue. Perhaps it's going to sleep?
Doesn't Hermes' cIOS v5.1 send a signal to the hdd to avoid that ?? Not to mention that the same happen with an sd card.

Also, I just realised that it always hang after a full cover is downloaded.

Pip'

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
oggzee said:
Pippin666 said:
Few troubleshooting later I came with to the conclusion that the SD card simply died as it was not working on any computer I have.
And nope, no matter what microsd adaptor, card reader or computer (linux/windows) I tested it on, none of them was able to see it.

Pip'

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pippin666 said:
oggzee said:
Pippin666 said:
And nope, no matter what microsd adaptor, card reader or computer (linux/windows) I tested it on, none of them was able to see it.

Pip'

Does that problem happens with older versions of CFG Loader as well?

Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip' Pip'

padfoot07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I'm not sure if this has been spoken about before, but i noticed that there is a new update on the wii. Wiibrew.org says this:

"WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater."

So, if i was to do this, would my configurable loader still work, or would it mess up some of my setting or some of the things that i had to do prior to installing the loader (Trucha bug, etc)?

If you do recommend updating, how should i go about it?
Thanks,
padfoot.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
padfoot07 said:
Hi,
I'm not sure if this has been spoken about before, but i noticed that there is a new update on the wii. Wiibrew.org says this:

"WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater."

So, if i was to do this, would my configurable loader still work, or would it mess up some of my setting or some of the things that i had to do prior to installing the loader (Trucha bug, etc)?

If you do recommend updating, how should i go about it?
Thanks,
padfoot.
You will need to reinstall the cIOSes after upgrading. Follow the steps here if you really want to upgrade (although there is no need if you are already on 4.1 or 4.2).

padfoot07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the fast reply, and I'm from Australia too!
Anyway, after skimming through that page i think i'll give 4.3 a miss for now, but i'm just wondering, if updating the homebrew channel, or installing bootmii would affect the loader in any way.
Thanks, and sorry if i sound like a bit of an idiot, I've only started to use my wii again since i found this loader
smile.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello,

I have a small problem with CFG USB Loader.
I cannot launch any Korean games.

When I try to, CFG gives the error "wbfs panic: malloc fst".

The games are 1:1 ISOs, on an NTFS partition, so they are still encrypted with the Korean common-key.
I have CFG v60b5 running under cIOS247 (which is cIOS249 rev20 base56).

I have patched this cIOS247 of mine to add the Korean key into it, but CFG still did not boot my Korean games.

Would this be caused by this common-key conflict?
Does CFG check whether or not a game needs the Korean key?
If not, could support please be added?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
padfoot07 said:
Thanks for the fast reply, and I'm from Australia too!
Anyway, after skimming through that page i think i'll give 4.3 a miss for now, but i'm just wondering, if updating the homebrew channel, or installing bootmii would affect the loader in any way.
Thanks, and sorry if i sound like a bit of an idiot, I've only started to use my wii again since i found this loader
smile.gif
Some people apparently had trouble with the new HBC, but it seems to be fine for most people. It is recommended that you keep it up to date and make a BootMii backup every now and again just in case something goes wrong.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Dr. Clipper said:
wes11ph said:
is there a new way to install games under ntfs? on cfg usb loader, not on pc.
You now have the choice to rip directly to a .iso file, but that's the only difference

what version cfg usb loader?

edit:
cannot create files (2)
i've got error return -1

(installing nfs undercover on ntfs drive)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
wes11ph said:
Dr. Clipper said:
wes11ph said:
is there a new way to install games under ntfs? on cfg usb loader, not on pc.
You now have the choice to rip directly to a .iso file, but that's the only difference

what version cfg usb loader?

edit:
cannot create files (2)
i've got error return -1

(installing nfs undercover on ntfs drive)
You want to be using 60b6 (the other betas didn't have the option or had small bugs).

Did you add ntfs_write=1 to config.txt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!